BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My trip to Baja...
bjorntodive

[*] posted on 8-27-2009 at 12:48 PM
My trip to Baja...

I just came back home from a nice trip to Baja and I had a blast there, nice people, good food (never tried fish tacos before!), good diving, and generaly it was all good, only the hotel was just OK but that's always the less important thing to me cause I go for the action not for the nice bedroom with sport television or whatever.

First I arrive in La Paz and went kayaking in front of the city with a friend of mine who lives there and has some nice kayaks at his house, the next day I went diving with this company http://www.baja-aventuras.com and came back to them three days in a row. Asking the dive master from the company about his favourite dive sites, he told me about cabo pulmo and some spots in cabo san lucas, so I followed his recomendations and went there to see if it was as good as he said and man he was right Cabo pulmo is a beautiful little town with only a restaurant, a place to buy some basic groceries and three or four diving operators, I don't remember the name of the one I went with but they gave me very good service I think the owners are french and they were very kind. In cabo san lucas I went with land's end divers and the service was also very good and the dive spot was impresive but not as spectacular as cabo pulmo or as the spots in La Paz, there in La Paz the sea lions colony and some of the ship wrecks they have there are beautiful dive spots and the service of baja aventuras was very personalized, I was diving with a group of 3 germans se we were only four people on the boat and the day they had two more divers they asked me to be on another boat with them instead of putting everybody in the same boat (the dive spots are a bit more than an hour from La Paz).

I can keep talking a lot about the dive spots and about how fun my trip was, the food was very special also, being from Colombia and living in Barcelona I found the sea food they prepare there very exotic and tasty...

I recomend everybody to go to La Paz and don't miss diving or snorkeling with the sea lions at espiritu santo island !!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-27-2009 at 03:16 PM

Thank you for the nice trip report! Do you have photos that you can share with us?

Welcome to Baja Nomad!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.