BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Walking Tour of Bogota - USA-style (Part 2)
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 06:44 AM
Walking Tour of Bogota - USA-style (Part 2)

I showed in the Part 1 thread how Bogota resembles Europe. But, in this thread, I will show some more AMERICAN-inspired themes, specifically from the restaurant - "The Sheriff's Cabin" or Cabaña Del Sheriff - http://www.cabanadelsheriff.com/home.htm

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 06:48 AM
A Happy Cowgirl!

Leidys had more fun than I did at Cabaña Del Sheriff, and I liked this place alot!

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 06:59 AM

It is a pleasure to view your travel log of Columbia. Your photos show us a level of culture and sophistication that most of us are never exposed to with our regular diet of pictures of military raids on remote jungle locations with burning huts of cocaine production facilities or images of FARC captives coming out of the jungles.

I'll take my flank medium rare please. Love that shot, can smell the mesquite.

Iflyfish
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

exclamation.gif posted on 10-10-2009 at 07:29 AM
CAL-OSHA would have shut this place down long ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
I'll take my flank medium rare please. Love that shot, can smell the mesquite.

Iflyfish

The Mesquite had the entire restaurant packed with smoke, and your clothing smelled like a Baja campfire when you walked outside for some fresh air. I didn't mind it, though and Leidys (my Fiancée) was all smiles, too.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 07:34 AM

We have been to a couple of countries in South America, but seeing your pictures---part one and two really make me want to visit Columbia.

Thanks for sharing these and best of luck to both of you.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 07:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
We have been to a couple of countries in South America, but seeing your pictures---part one and two really make me want to visit Columbia.

Thanks for sharing these and best of luck to both of you.

Colombia has the great cities, the great camping to the North (near Venezuela), and it's own great fashion and music industries. I am so glad that I had the opportunities to visit there. Sharing some happy times in Bogotá with Leidys Fontalvo...

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 09:51 AM

Ken - great stuff.
what do Columbian's drink? - other than coffee i mean. is there a national drink? i know they have good beer. is there a regional liquor?

on last BBP CENAM trip all voted Cartegena as the cleanest and best run city they had visited. i would love to tour central America then South.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Ken - great stuff.
what do Columbian's drink? - other than coffee i mean. is there a national drink? i know they have good beer. is there a regional liquor?

on last BBP CENAM trip all voted Cartegena as the cleanest and best run city they had visited. i would love to tour central America then South.

Aguardiente - Cristal is the big regional drink.

Colombia Club, Barena and Aguila are the most popular beers.

I loved Cartagena - The Baja Bush Pilots are right. Here are a few snapshots from my trusty 110 camera.

Flying over Cartegena

The beaches of Cartegena

Cartegena at dusk

The entrance into Old Town Cartegena

The skyline of Cartegena

[Edited on 10-10-2009 by Ken Cooke]

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-10-2009 at 01:28 PM

wow!! what a cool city. some day......;)

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-24-2009 at 10:15 PM
Look who popped up in the USA!

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2009 at 10:33 PM

Thanks for posting the photos. I did a one day cruise stop visit to Cartagena when I was about 11 years old. I liked it then, but I think I'd really appreciate a visit now. How does the lady like your Jeep? Is a visit to Baja with her in the works?
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2009 at 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Thanks for posting the photos. I did a one day cruise stop visit to Cartagena when I was about 11 years old. I liked it then, but I think I'd really appreciate a visit now. How does the lady like your Jeep? Is a visit to Baja with her in the works?

You will LOVE Cartagena. It is such a beautiful city. Of all the places I have traveled, I felt so inspired by the Colombian coast.

Leidys described the Jeep as, "Chevere" or "Cool." The Honda Pilot doesn't have Baja-Tint on the Windshield & front windows like my Baja Jeep does, and she felt the difference as the sunlight in Riverside caused her skin to break out yesterday.

Because Leidys is still learning English, it can feel painful for her to have people speaking and looking at her like she's retarded (or 'Tonta') for not understanding them. Baja sounds like the PERFECT place for us to visit once she gets her Green Card next Summer.

But, once again -- she has a low tolerance for intense sunlight, so we have to play everything by ear, and take it slowly. I'm hoping for a Malarrimo summer one day with her, though.

dean miller
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 09:24 AM

KEN,
As always enjoyed your travel adventure..

Mrs. Miller and I also visited Cartegena last year. What a lovely quaint city-we loved it and are planning on revisiting soon.

dm
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 09:35 AM

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES, LEIDYS!:yes::bounce::cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 10:03 AM

Now we see the reason for no Baja Grande Tour this year. Congratulations for getting her up here.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 08:33 PM

We've all seen and enjoyed your romance and we feel that we all know her and love her just a little bit. Glad you have Your Leidys here with you now. Thanks for sharing your happiness, as it has become ours.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both.

Oh, and have our girl try Burt's Bees Sunscreen.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Happy Thanksgiving to you both.

Oh, and have our girl try Burt's Bees Sunscreen.

Boqueador or Sunscreen was immediately at the top of the list of necessities. Even here in Riverside, CA Leidys began to break out from sun exposure. She is now using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 45, but we will also try Burt's Bees Suncreen as well.

Leidys is very happy here in the United States, and she loves this country very much. The security and the beauty makes her feliz, y muy contenta.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 01:39 PM

Ken I am happy you and Leidy have found happiness. May you both be blessed with happines the rest of your lives together.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.