BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Possible Earthquake Damage ???
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 12:40 PM
Possible Earthquake Damage ???

The pila pump, since after the 5.2 quake, had been running constantly. I had the plumber come and look at it, he changed the foot valve, the couplings the pipe, put in a new regulator and new gage.

Still, no go. There's a leak under the house he said. So two guys went under the house and found three leaks and cut out the copper pipe and replaced it. Now, if that insulation doesn't dry out, I'm going to have to have it re-insulated.

The pipe is about 25 years old, but my question is, could this damage have been caused by the earthquake we had ? I noticed the pila just running constantly a day after the quake.

Coincidence or...???

This was funny. When they were almost finished, they asked me for Bimbo. Bimbo ? Oh yeah, Bimbo Bread. I only had Milton's. Anyways, they took some bread and put it in the pipe they were soldering, but then the hazelnuts jammed up thekitchen faucet.

The faucet had to come off and be replaced..

Do things happen in threes?

:o:o:o

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-28-2004 at 12:55 PM
Just kidding

But, yes, the earthquake could have had something to do with it but living in the salt air as we do, 25 years is a LONG time.
And on top of that, there are many workers down here that use the Bimbo method of construction. More so 25 years ago.
I recommend having it all checked by a non Bimbo user. I can recommend someone if you wish and so can Smitty.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 01:07 PM

I think these guys are okay JR, I mean, at least they didn't just try to sell me a whole new pila pump.

They are from the plumbing place in Rosarito, across the street from that new building they are builing over by Calimax.
The name of the outfit is INDUSCO.

So, if we are looking in the future to replacing this copper pipe - oh no another project - under the house completelyshould we go with copper again or PVC?

A whole new unit would have cost me around $400.00.(water tank & water pump - 4100 pesos)

This outfit also does electrical, the man who worked here, his name was Oscar.

Thank you for your offer, let's see how it goes, jeez, just like a boat, the work never stops.

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by Margie]

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 01:27 PM
I would go with PVC.

no soldering , easy repairs when necessary, and readily available everywhere down here.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 02:11 PM

Thank you. Oh well, so much for a new computer, pipes comes first.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 02:22 PM
Shouldn't be that much,

if you have access under the house. Maybe you can do both. But, I recommend having someone that knows what's up inspect it first.
You never know. If the copper is in good shape, no sense replacing it. As long as you are not drinking the water out of them.
Inspect first, replace later. Inspection, usually free but no more than $20.00 u.s.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.