BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Castle on the Beach for rent.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 02:46 PM

Lets examine the facts.
1: House on the beach in the Sea of Cortez.
2: Large enough to have a very nice and large partaaay.
3: Very cheap once you split it several ways.
4: Same time zone, (or maybe one away) not jet lag, etc.
5: A long or short drive from your home, but reachable for most of us in a day.

They are not trying to sell it to ya, just rent it and have a great time. It could look like San Quentin Prison to me and it would be all right for my needs to do a get away, party, fish or whatever.

Lighten up on the poor guy!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 02:50 PM

ok. so Wodd is out!!!!

we (2) are in. maybe 2 more. any dates for the fiesta?

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 02:58 PM

I have a very limited schedule. I am only available from Jan 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010

George Bernard Shaw

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 02:59 PM

Geez. Comparing it to Scotty's Castle is a good thing.
Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 03:00 PM

Seriously, what is the road condition from San Felipe? I assume it is paved at least to there then how are the last 50 miles to the house?

George Bernard Shaw

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 03:02 PM

scotty's?

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 03:06 PM

i'm in with 2 planes so far.

dibbs on a mattress.
i'm bringing my dive bag.
and a barf bag.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 03:07 PM

he said it was paved to within a mile.

gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 11:07 PM

The road is paved all the way past Puertecitos. Our campo is Playa Escondida. It is the last campo on the beach before you hit the town of Puertecitos. To be exact, the town is Ejido Matiomi. Puertecitos is the next campo to the south of ours. The road from the entrance of the campo to my place is dirt. The preferred vehicle is of course 4wd. But 2wd cars and trucks make it all the time. I have also have built a road and parking area around the back part of the Castle now. there are two entrances. one from the back from over the mountain, and one from along side the beach.

I have been working on this thing for years now. It keeps getting better and better. The next stage is hardwood flooring up stairs and a bathroom with a jacuzzi upstairs in the master bedroom of the big tower. You can also see the airconditioner units on the roofs of each tower. They run off the generator so if you guys need the place in the summer you can sleep at night. The generator eats gas but you stay cool. The bottom story will end up stained concrete. Although I had thought of stone flooring or large pavers in the future. The reality of living on the edge of the federal line on a beach is of course sand. We have tried everything to seal up from the weather but somehow sand still gets in.

Mike, I am very interested in setting up an Air con system using wind power and solar to add to my system that is already set up. I just put in a new bank of batteries last year.
I have a bunch of air mattresses and sleeping bags already there. I also have an Ocean Kayak there. You can go off the front and catch dinner and lunch off the kayak pretty much every day. If its real windy you can still fish off the rocks.

The window design is such. When I decided to build a place I wanted as many windows as I could possibly fit into a structure and still have enough integrity to be a solid two story and withstand a hurricane. What you see is the result. There are 25 windows, 2 sliding doors and a main entrance. the idea is to have it possible for the entire structure to be vented with wind. Each window has a view of the ocean, even from the bathroom. they are modern dual pane argon gas filled vinyl windows and sliders. Over time I may add some akerratekserel detale but for now I need to finish my upstairs balcony and bathroom and get some of those low voltage AC units from Captn Mike.

But here is the real reason we go there. To have some fun, go fishing and enjoy life.

Castle on the beach with private 80m of beachfront land $XXX,XXX.XX

Pictures of you and your buddy with huge snapper you got off the beach in front of your house... Priceless....

Dale

[Edited on 1-2-2010 by gonetobaja]
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2010 at 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Lets examine the facts.
1: House on the beach in the Sea of Cortez.
2: Large enough to have a very nice and large partaaay.
3: Very cheap once you split it several ways.
4: Same time zone, (or maybe one away) not jet lag, etc.
5: A long or short drive from your home, but reachable for most of us in a day.

They are not trying to sell it to ya, just rent it and have a great time. It could look like San Quentin Prison to me and it would be all right for my needs to do a get away, party, fish or whatever.

Lighten up on the poor guy!

Howard, these are the same reasons I built it. I can get off work at 2 or 3 on friday and by 9pm Im drinking a beer with my toes in the sand watching the moon rise over the water. If Im feelin real crazy I may even throw a line out and try to catch a whatever. I spend all day saturday having a great time and then sunday I hang out and then leave around 2 or 3 and Im home by 9 (depending on border traffic).

If I have to and am down for a few weeks I drive into San Felipe to check my messages and use my cell phone.

Thanks for your support, although people have implied much worse when I told them I was spending everything I ever made on a self designed castle on the beach in Mexico. To say they called me crazy is an understatement, so critique on my theory of design in regards to architectural motif dosent bother me much. In fact it inspires my mind! Why did I design a structure so devoted to simplicity with so little detail to true castle design, with complete disregard to the teachings of the worlds architectural masters?

I shall ponder this thought over a mixture of lemon lime gatoraide and cabo wabo silver over ice on my next visit.

:light:
smlslikfish
Junior Nomad

Mood: La Costilla Bound

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 10:13 AM
the magical pyramid

Hey Dale, is that building under the pyramid your's too? I'm sensing a theme!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 11:31 AM

Dale i sent you some stuff via eSmell.

is your PV system based on 24 or 48 V.?
and i mean the panel string DC voltage balanced load to your inverter.
it makes a diff on AC hardware - air cond., not elec.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smlslikfish
Hey Dale, is that building under the pyramid your's too? I'm sensing a theme!

No, I cant claim responsibility as the rouge builder that made that thing. He came in one year, built it. and then never came back. Go figure.

To be honest my entire building is a puzzle. You drink gatoritas and try to find how many 90 deg angles you can find....When you get the answer you divide it by the number of drinks it took to figure out the number. You take that number and place it in the equation for cold fusion and it then completes the sequence and cures the worlds energy crisis.

The truth is Im a genius that expresses my theoretical mathematical equations through architecture, using local materials as the catalyst for my overall execution. Its truly beautiful when you can finally see it clearly...

Can you see it now smellyfish...can ya...its pluckin beautiful man...

:spingrin:
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-2-2010 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Mike,
My entire system is 12v into a 2400 sine wave inverter. 4 panels and a wind turbine that I need to set back up. Other than that the DC balance vs input vs ac hardware...ya might as well be speaking to me in japanese. Im pretty helpless past the 12 v into an inverter stuff. I have the 110v line to the house, and a breaker box there.

I need to insulate the inside of my roof on both towers and drywall it shut. That will make a huge difference in the AC for sure. But I have no idea what my string panel volatge is. I would want to get a system that the panels or whatever I get from you would cover the AC you suggest. Then add it to what I got. I think....
docsmom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 08:42 PM

GTB,
How utterly unique and charming. Wish I had the time to visit. I'd be there!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 08:53 PM
That roof

......is just crying out for some cannons or maybe a golf ball launcher or two.................

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 10:46 PM

Damn that's a cool house!:coolup:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2010 at 05:36 PM
i'll help you

Quote:
Originally posted by gonetobaja
Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike

Mike,
My entire system is 12v into a 2400 sine wave inverter. 4 panels and a wind turbine that I need to set back up. Other than that the DC balance vs input vs ac hardware...ya might as well be speaking to me in japanese. Im pretty helpless past the 12 v into an inverter stuff. I have the 110v line to the house, and a breaker box there.

I need to insulate the inside of my roof on both towers and drywall it shut. That will make a huge difference in the AC for sure. But I have no idea what my string panel volatge is. I would want to get a system that the panels or whatever I get from you would cover the AC you suggest. Then add it to what I got. I think....

need to go to micro inverters.
everything is changing.

BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 1-6-2010 at 06:22 PM

Nice spot Dale! We're at KM31 Playa Hermosa/Bahia Santa Maria just north of you. I've seen your place before as we explore the Puertocitis area. We'll be down again this 15th thru 18th.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.