Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 02:29 PM
WHAT'S YOUR VIEW?

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 03:24 PM
What the paddler in the back of the canoe sees

Paddling on Naknek Lake.

Those black round objects that look like something out of Jaws are bear canisters. We used them to protect our food.

The lake gap in the distance is the terminal end of a moraine from a previous glacier.

Perhaps you will find this image as restful as it was to be there.

BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 03:38 PM
domingeando Patagonia style

the view out back!

view.JPG - 48kB
BFS
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 03:41 PM
otra

and out front...

patagonia.JPG - 49kB
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 04:20 PM
From a Mule at the Grand Canyon

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 04:32 PM
Shiprock out the "dining room" window

Lunch stop in the Four Corners.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 05:10 PM

View out the backdoor - morning sunrise...

View from the front yard - evening sunset...

[img]http://www.talkbaja.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1229&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1256358035[/img]

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2010 at 09:18 AM

I have something to say about all the places mentioned here.

Arizona - I was born there. I am told that a picture exists somewhere of me feeding a chipmunk at the rim of the Grand Canyon when I was five years old just before going to live in Colonia LeBaron Galeana Chihuahua Mexico.

Baja California – 1966 through 1968 I roamed and lived in La Baja as a boy from 13 to 16 or there about. I was a clam digger some 16 miles north of Baja Gringo’s front door.

San Diego – February 1970 17 year old David Elinvestig8r M. enters U. S. Marine Corps Boot Camp. 23 years later I retired from the Marines out of the same place, MCRD San Diego. The base is located 3 miles northeast from the location where Pompano and that gorgeous woman are having lunch. All “That” ever happened to me in San Diego was getting yelled at by my Drill Instructor during boot camp or the Provost Marshal for using the word “That” in a sentence of an investigation report. He had a thing about the word “That” being used.

Alaska – 1984 I flew into Anchorage International Airport and paid 8:00 for a hamburger on my way to Okinawa Japan where I was to end up in a gunfight with a shotgun toting Japanese Yakuza Mafia man.

Colorado- I went to Leadville Colorado once during December 2001. I flew into Denver and rented a 4x4 to drive to Leadville Colorado to conduct a criminal investigation. It was so cold I cannot describe it. I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast place for a week. There was an above ground Jacuzzi they kept hot. They had to cut a path from the house to the Jacuzzi in three foot snow. Yes I used it! Soulpatch you could have provided a picture. It helps! :lol:

New Mexico It’s next to my home state of Arizona. I drove through it once and I have a retired investigator friend who lives in Albuquerque.

Argentina - Ive never been to Argentina but I have an Argentinean American investigator friend who recently retired from where I work.

Tijuana - When I was 13 years old I eventually ended up in Tijuana Baja California Mexico during winter time. I only had a blanket to keep warm which did not do very well in that respect but it was better than a stick in the eye. I was freezing and hungry and sick with a nagging strong cough. I found myself on a street in Tijuana where all the prostitutes hang out. I walked up and down the street to talking to several of them individually asking them for some food. All but one yelled at me something to the effect “Lárgate Niño malcriado” which loosely translated means “Get the “F” out of here you miscreant child.” One of the women named Maria took pity on me though and got me something to eat and took me to a pharmacy where she paid for some medicine. I remember the guy gave me a shot in my butt which seemed to eventually cure whatever I had.

She bought me a warm coat and let me live with her down at the Tijuana River where back then people lived in board and tarpaper type shacks. It was a filthy place to live but at least I had a roof over my head. I think they have all been torn down now. I lived with her for about 3 or 4 months and she treated me like her little brother. I walked the streets with her to keep my eye one her so she would not get hurt. I think I was 14 years old then. I then left and continued my way down south never to see her again. I wish I knew where she was so I could find her and thank her for helping me in my time of need.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!

[Edited on 1-19-2010 by ELINVESTIG8R]

smlslikfish
Junior Nomad

Mood: La Costilla Bound

[*] posted on 1-18-2010 at 11:09 AM

:yes:
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2010 at 03:30 PM

Sunset 9 Jan. from the upstairs terrace in quaint and charming Tijuana. That's the roof of the Ford Condominium in the foreground.

sunset_jan_09.jpg - 38kB
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 09:14 AM

Here Kalamalka Lake BC. I walk here regularly with my dog.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 09:47 AM

Barb that is a beautiful view! I'll bet it is covered in snow in the winter and cold as the dickens. :lol:

Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 09:55 AM

The picture of Kal lake was taken in the summer 2009. There was some forest fires in the area, thats why the haze. We have no snow here at present. Right around 32F. That is rattle snake country.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.