Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: San Quintin Hotel
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 07:53 PM

hola, last year, i called the la pinta in guerrero negro and they wanted $ 89.00 U.S. for the nite. too rich just to take a shower and sleep.

i keep hearing the rooms at malarrimos is $ 40.00 and aren't bad. plus, the parking lot seems to be secure.

i've heard they had problems at the old la pinta in san quintin ? it's just an open parking lot.

they used to have " tons " of pismo clams on the beach there and the surf fishing wasn't too bad either for barred perch and corbina. i don't see the pismo clam sellers and cleaners on the streets anymore so it's possible they wiped them out as i saw them take 5 gallon buckets after 5 gallon buckets out of there with the hookah gear.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grmpb
villa san quintin has my vote. new rooms everything works, secure parking, decent restaurant. $450p

no animals
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 08:10 PM

GN La Pinta has a sign on the hwy - 500 pesos. Haven't stayed there though
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 08:28 PM

really ! thanks for the cheap sleep info ! or is it with peso floating the way it is ?

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2010 at 02:37 PM

In Guerrero Negro, Malarrimo parking does not, in my opinion, appear to be any more secure that that of the Cowboy Hotel or Los Caracoles. Depending upon how big a rig you're hauling, Malarrimo has a larger lot, however. Rates are comparable at all. Besides, staying at La Pinta in Guerrero Negro isn't really like being in Guerrero Negro. i really could not recommend their restaurant, so one still has to drive into town to get a decent meal.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2010 at 02:43 PM

I don't have experience with the Cowboy Hotel parking, it appears to be tight though. Los Caracoles is not well designed for ingress/egress. Be careful where you park if you are planning an early morning departure, as I have seen cars blocking access to those who are in the north corner of the property. Nice rooms and friendly staff at Los Caracoles.

Ken
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2010 at 03:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:

no animals

Thank God!!!

[Edited on 3-9-2010 by Martyman]
GonzagaChick

[*] posted on 4-6-2010 at 02:30 PM

Does anyone have a contact email for Mision Santa Maria Hotel?
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 4-6-2010 at 02:41 PM

I think I remember hearing that the owners of Dos Pinos had purchased one, some, or all of the old La Pinta Hotels.

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2010 at 04:13 PM

First, the La Pinta chain changed its name to Desert Inn a few years ago. Second, it's the folks from Los Pinos who bought the property. I can't imagine they wouldn't have a vacancy for walk-ins, as it is one of the larger properties around. That said, if it's the pet issue, you might try calling (616) 165-9008. That was the local number for the hotel under the Desert Inn ownership. I cannot imagine they would have changed their number. Call and ask about pets. Also, adjacent to the Villas de San Quintin is another excellent property called Maria Celeste. Their number is (616) 165-3999. You can call to inquire about the pet thing.

[Edited on 4-7-2010 by Bajahowodd]
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 10:12 AM

Has anyone ever actually stayed at the Maria Celeste? I ask because we tried 2 or 3 times to get a room there and they were always booked full. Mind you, we did not have a reservation and just arrived as walk-ins, so figured you really need to have a reservation.

This was before the days of the Villa de San Quintin which is right next door and a place that we like, so we've kind of stopped even thinking about the Maria Celeste - just curious and wondering how it compares to the Villa.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 03:13 PM

I can't give you a first person review. However, Trip Advisor has two very good reviews and BajaGringo told me that if he is unable to get a room in Jardines, Maria Celeste is his next option.
irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 4-8-2010 at 12:04 PM

Well if you don't want to go all the way to San Quintin. Stop here at the Posada Don Diego. We have some very nice rooms. We also have a large 3 bedroom house for rent. Give us a try we are off the Hwy and pretty calm. Restaruant open 7 days a week. Coffee pot in all the rooms with some pretty good coffee too.
give us a call or email
been serving the public 40 years this year
Irene

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2010 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for the info Bajahowodd.

Irene - I have Posada Don Diego on my list of places to stay in your area. We have not stayed there yet, but may well do so on a future trip. For us, it all depends on whether we are heading north or south, what time of day it is when we reach that 'greater San Quintin area', etc...
irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 4-9-2010 at 11:58 AM

bajalinda
i hope you do give us a try. by the way a free margarita with dinner.
thanks irene

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
misterfeathers

[*] posted on 10-23-2011 at 07:49 PM

Just stayed at the santa maria hotel. Room rate was $49..no discounts available. Room was spacious clean and great views. Parking isn't fenced but does have 24h security. Internet was good. Restaurant was acceptable. I would recommend jardin if available but this was a great second option. Drive about 5 -8 miles south of town take a right at their billboard. Follow the signs can't miss it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2011 at 08:23 PM

misterfeathers as in related to feathers ???????????

we stopped at the GN hotel just the other day - it was totally empty and there was not one soul in the restaurant ... beautifully decorated ... I must look for those photos ... they have pottery and other crafts and 3 ancient typewriters (well...not really ancient unless I now have to call myself ancient cause I remember them !!!)

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.