Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 09:19 PM
Trip Photos Continued.

San Francisquito Sunrise

Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 09:22 PM
Fresh Calamari (From the squid I caught)

Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 09:24 PM
Posing with new friends at San Pedro Martir

Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 09:24 PM

Nice pics Herb. Dinner looks great!

All that wonder are not lost
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 09:44 PM
Thanks Markitos

Dinner was great. In fact, whomever was next to us in the permanent site (I believe his name was Curt or Kurt from Morro Bay) at Bahia de Los Angeles got to experience it as well.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2004 at 09:46 PM
Excellent as always Amigo.

Please keep them coming. Is it my imagination or did you guys cover a LOT of ground this trip?:lol:
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 07:04 AM

Herb, you rock. I swear I started salivating when I saw the calamari. What kind of hot sauce is on it? And nice photo of the good folks up at SPM. A few years ago the mechanics up there tried valiantly to patch a BFG TA that I'd managed to rip a nice big hole in. When they finally had to accept failure, they were so apologetic you'd have thought they made the hole in the first place. Great people. I'm jealous though. Didn't I read somewhere else that you got a tour of the observatory? I didn't even know to ask if that was possible when I was up there.
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 11:58 AM
Yes..

We made a beeline for Loreto the first day, spent the second day there and then spent the next seven days making our way back north one parralel at a time..

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Please keep them coming. Is it my imagination or did you guys cover a LOT of ground this trip?:lol:
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
I'm jealous though. Didn't I read somewhere else that you got a tour of the observatory? I didn't even know to ask if that was possible when I was up there.

I didn't either. What happened was, the gate before the final stretch of paved road was open, but the sign said that we could not go through without permission from the "super." So we inquired with the mechanic shop and they used their radios to summon the super. Apparently, he was in a good mood. Not only did he give us permission, but he joined us and gave us a ride and a tour.

I suspect that his good mood may have had something to do with the fact that he was expecting a busload of 50 college summer interns and may have had visions of emulating our 42nd president...:?::?::o:o:lol::lol:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 12:20 PM

Great photos Herb! And although I've never much cared for calamari, I can tell by that pix that I've just never eaten it fixed the right way. ;)

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2004 at 06:54 AM

herb is that you in the back with the glasses on? i remember seeing you next to curt at gecko. good photos!:coolup:
Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2004 at 06:55 PM

Yes, 4baja. That was me. :)

Good memory!

Oh, and thanks about the photos

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.