BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How do you insert pictures on Nomad?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 11:02 AM

I don't recall who posted this and would like to give proper credit. Anyway, it isn't mine. I only copied and pasted it into a file. Hope it helps:
-------------------

Here are some ways to post, depending where the photo is stored and the file size (if from your PC):

The methos I usually use now, is Photobucket:
Photos can be copied onto photobucket.com from your PC files... just pre select the size as 15" screen or smaller... not 17" and not 1 mg. so the Nomad board doesn't get streched wide requiring awkward right scrolling to read messages.

To show any photos on Nomad, put your mouse on your photobucket photo, and a drop down menu will appear with these four choices and a url or 'code' next to each... for that photo:

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Copy the last one (IMG Code), and paste that right on the Nomad page where you type a message... where ever you want the photo to appear in your thread.
===================================================

IF the photos are on another web site (besides photobucket.com):

If the photo you want to show on Nomad is already on another web site, and it is your photo or you have permission to use it, then get the url of the photo... and click on
which is right above where you type a message. A pop up will give you a place to paste the url of the photo.

To get the url (begins with http:// ), move your mouse over that photo and right click on it, then left click 'properties' in the new pop up. Copy the address/ url with your mouse to paste on Nomad in
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 11:15 AM

... which is why you don't see many photos posted here.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
... which is why you don't see many photos posted here.

Why?? Don't those directions work? I don't know.
castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 11:59 AM

So you can't upload directly from your pc? Do you have to use a third party site?

Live Indubiously!
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$
So you can't upload directly from your pc? Do you have to use a third party site?

If you want to upload directly from your PC, use the browse button below. However you have to bring the pic down to below 50kb

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 01:08 PM

Photobucket and Picasa are freebies. Try them.
desertrat

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 03:31 PM
It worked, muchas gracias

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 03:41 PM

It was me Dennis... and yes you can upload directly from your PC, BUT the pics must be UNDER 50 kb. If you use photobucket.com or another web site, that won't be nescessary BUT, please observe the Nomad requested pixel max. so the Nomad page doesn't go wide off of our 15" monitors and cause us to scroll right to read and see the page.

I have posted the full instructions several times... please use Nomad's SEARCH to find stuff here. HERE IT IS:

How to post a photo on Nomad:

A review of three methods from an older thread... for the new Nomads or the PC challenged Nomads... Note: there are many methods, and I suggest you go to the older thread where 'everyone' provided their favorite... the following are MY prefered methods, and I want to keep it as easy as possible to help folks who are photo posting challenged.

A) ADDING A PHOTO THAT IS IN YOUR PC PICTURES FOLDER:

A photo that is in your computer file can be displayed on Nomad pages in certain forums where it is allowed...

The photo's file size must be BELOW 50 kbs to post here. Open your photo file ('My Pictures' or ?) find the photo you want to share and move your mouse arrow onto the photo thumbnail... a pop up will tell you how big it is in kbs or mbs (1000 kb=1 mb).

TO POST A PHOTO:

Simply click the button labled 'Browse' just below where you type a message, and your pc will pop up a window of your photo files... simply click on the photo you wish to post (if it is under 50 kbs). The post must have a subject or some text with the photo to post.

IF your photo is over 50 kbs, then here is one method to reduce the size, and make it a duplicate (so the original full size photo is preserved). I thank Neal Johns for showing me.

(If the photo you want to post is already on another web site, then you may 'hot link' it to Nomad, and the size doesn't matter... unless it isn't too big and distorts the screen. Hot linking will be described below.)

PHOTOS IN YOUR PC OVER 50 KB, click on each step:

If 'paint' isn't on your deck top, do this (click on):

a) Start

b) All Programs

c) Accesories
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Paint (start here if 'paint' is on your desk top)
2) File

3) Open...

3a) then click on the photo to get reduced (double click).

4) Image

5) Stretch/Skew... then change the % down from 100 in both boxes in sketch to a lesser number.... (if over 700 kb try 25%, if 400 kb try 35%, if 120 kb try 70%, if 60 kb try 90%)

Continue to Click on:

6) OK

7) File

8) Save As

8a) now type in a new name for the reduced photo or add -r to it to indicate it is the 'reduced' one... this is a copy so you don't mess with the original.

9) Save

THAT'S IT!

Now, click on file and open again, move your mouse arrow over the reduced photo and see if it is between 25 and 50 kb.

When you move the mouse over the reduced photo in the files, the kb size will show and let you know if you didn't get it low enough, or too low! In either case, repeat the steps above... working with the original, large photo.

After you do a couple it gets pretty easy.

=====================================================

B) HOT LINKING FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE:

If the photo you want to show on Nomad is already on another web site, and it is your photo or you have permission to use it, then get the url of the photo... and click on
which is right above where you type a message. A pop up will give you a place to paste the url of the photo.

To get the url (begins with http:// ), move your mouse over that photo and right click on it, then left click 'properties' in the new pop up. Copy the address/ url with your mouse to paste on Nomad in

Here is a hot link from my web site:

If you have your photos on a photo album web site, there may be a direct link option that will have the html tags ([img]) already included... see Photobucket.com instructions below...

======================================================

C) PHOTOBUCKET.COM

Photos can be copied onto your (free) photobucket.com album from your PC files... just pre select the size reduction setting as 15" screen or smaller... not 17" and not 1 mg. so the Nomad board doesn't get streched wide requiring awkward right scrolling to read messages.

To show any photos on Nomad, put your mouse on your photobucket photo, and a drop down menu will appear with these four choices and a url or 'code' next to each... for that photo:

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

Copy the last one (IMG Code), and paste that right on the Nomad page where you type a message... where ever you want the photo to appear in your thread.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It was me Dennis...

Well...I figuered it was. I just wasn't sure. Thanks.
castaway$
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 04:07 PM

Sorry for being dumb David but this is where I break down "Simply click the button labled 'Browse' just below where you type a message" are you referring to Nomad or something in "my pictures"? Please be a little more precise I'm pretty good with my computer but I'm just not quite sure where you mean as far as "typing a message".:(

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by castaway$]

Live Indubiously!
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It was me Dennis... and yes you can upload directly from your PC, BUT the pics must be UNDER 50 kb. If you use photobucket.com or another web site, that won't be nescessary BUT, please observe the Nomad requested pixel max. so the Nomad page doesn't go wide off of our 15" monitors and cause us to scroll right to read and see the page.

I have posted the full instructions several times... please use Nomad's SEARCH to find stuff here. HERE IT IS:

How to post a photo on Nomad:

A review of three methods from an older thread... for the new Nomads or the PC challenged Nomads... Note: there are many methods, and I suggest you go to the older thread where 'everyone' provided their favorite... the following are MY prefered methods, and I want to keep it as easy as possible to help folks who are photo posting challenged.

A) ADDING A PHOTO THAT IS IN YOUR PC PICTURES FOLDER:

A photo that is in your computer file can be displayed on Nomad pages in certain forums where it is allowed...

The photo's file size must be BELOW 50 kbs to post here. Open your photo file ('My Pictures' or ?) find the photo you want to share and move your mouse arrow onto the photo thumbnail... a pop up will tell you how big it is in kbs or mbs (1000 kb=1 mb).

TO POST A PHOTO:

Simply click the button labled 'Browse' just below where you type a message, and your pc will pop up a window of your photo files... simply click on the photo you wish to post (if it is under 50 kbs). The post must have a subject or some text with the photo to post.

IF your photo is over 50 kbs, then here is one method to reduce the size, and make it a duplicate (so the original full size photo is preserved). I thank Neal Johns for showing me.

(If the photo you want to post is already on another web site, then you may 'hot link' it to Nomad, and the size doesn't matter... unless it isn't too big and distorts the screen. Hot linking will be described below.)

PHOTOS IN YOUR PC OVER 50 KB, click on each step:

If 'paint' isn't on your deck top, do this (click on):

a) Start

b) All Programs

c) Accesories
1) Paint (start here if 'paint' is on your desk top)
2) File

3) Open...

3a) then click on the photo to get reduced (double click).

4) Image

5) Stretch/Skew... then change the % down from 100 in both boxes in sketch to a lesser number.... (if over 700 kb try 25%, if 400 kb try 35%, if 120 kb try 70%, if 60 kb try 90%)

Continue to Click on:

6) OK

7) File

8) Save As

8a) now type in a new name for the reduced photo or add -r to it to indicate it is the 'reduced' one... this is a copy so you don't mess with the original.

9) Save

THAT'S IT!

Now, click on file and open again, move your mouse arrow over the reduced photo and see if it is between 25 and 50 kb.

When you move the mouse over the reduced photo in the files, the kb size will show and let you know if you didn't get it low enough, or too low! In either case, repeat the steps above... working with the original, large photo.

After you do a couple it gets pretty easy.

=====================================================

B) HOT LINKING FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE:

Here is a hot link from my web site:

If you have your photos on a photo album web site, there may be a direct link option that will have the html tags ([img]) already included... see Photobucket.com instructions below...

======================================================

C) PHOTOBUCKET.COM

Photos can be copied onto your (free) photobucket.com album from your PC files... just pre select the size reduction setting as 15" screen or smaller... not 17" and not 1 mg. so the Nomad board doesn't get streched wide requiring awkward right scrolling to read messages.

Email & IM
Direct Link
HTML Code
IMG Code

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!:light:

Baja Magellan in action again...I love it DavidK.

kaybaj
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 06:24 PM

now can you explain the game of craps to me?:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2010 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$
Sorry for being dumb David but this is where I break down "Simply click the button labled 'Browse' just below where you type a message" are you referring to Nomad or something in "my pictures"? Please be a little more precise I'm pretty good with my computer but I'm just not quite sure where you mean as far as "typing a message".:(

[Edited on 10-12-2010 by castaway$]

In the normal place to post or reply to a thread HERE ON NOMAD (not the 'Quick Reply' below someone else's post) there is a box called Browse... I am looking at it right now as I am typing this. It is just below the typing area to the right of the word Attachment:

That only works for photos under 50 kb, however! Also, only one photo per reply.

Use photobucket.com or another photo hosting site, and post several photos in a single post/ reply and have them reduced auitomatically when you upload to photobucket from your PC by pre-choosing a reduced size (15" screen or Large is best).

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Rat
Hmmm, looks like we got another Desert Rat at Nomads. Welcome desertrat. To prevent confusion, I will try to start my post with" D'Rat here" from now on. Thanks!

D'Rat...you have been here since the beginning and Amigos de Baja before... but only 18 posts!?? Please share your stories and your trips... it has been too many years since we have read your adventures!

Like the time you walked 100 miles to meet Papa Fernandez!

castaway$
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 12:22 PM

Got it, thanks David

Live Indubiously!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2010 at 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Rat
D'Rat here: Hi David. Yep, that was a fun hike for me. Glad I got to meet Papa during the hike. He passed away a few years later. I had hoped to climb Picacho del Diablo last year, but was stopped by the San Pedro Martir ranger. He said there was a new regulation in effect that required all hikers and climbers to have a qualified guide with them to climb Picacho. This pertains only to the western route that begins in the National Park. I might still give it a try by taking the eastern route again, but I'm 67 years old now and ain't no spring chicken. So, time will tell.

Great.. another government official messing with your life... YOU are perhaps more able to get their and back than any guide! But, there are probably idiots that need to get rescued, and that is why???

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.