Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: BC and Garbage
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-3-2004 at 04:39 PM

JR, I never said 'sleepy', you did. I said "Mexican fishing town".

Herb, I mentioned that there are few FULL time gringo residents, not vacationers or students... Unlike Rosarito or L.A. . JR first compared Bahia with Rosarito and now with L.A., neither is at all true... what kind of bamboo are you two smoking?:O

Sin Nombre, I guess we both see things through rose colored glasses?!

Bahia (de los Angeles) has grown (a little), and I understand it isn't the village of 60 people like I first saw in 1967, anymore. However, it remains a small town whereas in the same period Rosarito beacame a damn big city!

No, I don't work for the Bahia de los Angeles Chamber of Commerce...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2004 at 04:48 PM
Very true DK

And I'm glad most of you like BOLA so much. Cut's down on the crowds in the places I like!:lol:
As far as Rosarito, yep it's big, gettin bigger and focusing on tourism.
And I would be willing to bet that not one person that's knocking Rosarito has spent any time here. Because it really can be a lot of fun and great food.
If that's what your into. Just like beaches covered with ATV's or a bunch of drunken gringos. Many like that atmosphere.
I'm here because of convenience to the border. Carol wants to be close to her family.
Personally, I bought in down south!
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2004 at 06:23 PM

Germanacus, perhaps it would help to know how the dumps (refuse disposal sites) of Cabo San Lucas, San jose del Cabo and Todos Santos/Pescadero develpoed into the better run municipal dumps that they are. Dumps were pretty random in the cape when I first started going there, but over the years there was enough public and private outcry that eventually they became organized affairs. They are well off the road; Cabo's and TS's off of HWY 19 and San Jose's off of Hwy 1 on the Palo Escopito road, and all three are pretty good setups. I don't know who could give you the history, but the TS one is probably the most recent.
By the way, I have a great piece of property at Playa Los Cerritos that would make a fine trailer park. 7+ hectares near the beach. Tom

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2004 at 04:24 PM

E J, read the u2u
I am defenately interested > and not just a blowing hot air air.

Another well known Nomad (don't wanna say his name here without he agrees) was also offering help to find some property.
I highly appreciate any help!
Take care guys and stay cool!
Germanicus
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2004 at 12:51 PM

Germanicus
Sorry to take so long to respond. I don't get on line every day.
As someone already said most comunities have a place they want people to dump. Getting them to dump there is another question.
Having you operate a dump with your equipment would have a lot to do with how well you get along with the local officials. I think they would be receptive to the idea.
I'll use El Dorado Ranch as example of what I think is good practice.
They have their own trash collection area in every development. Then they hire there own trash collector to haul it to the leagal city dump. The guy gets paid by the Ranch plus gets first dibs on a lot of good junk.
San Felipe does have a bulldozer for the dump, or at least they did. It caught on fire several weeks back. The other problem is they don't have a pit so mostly they just shove piles around with it.
If you set up a trailer park and keep it and the area clean and the guy down the steet has a dump for an RV park it won't take long for him to see the financial incentive to clean up.
burro bob
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2004 at 12:08 PM

Yea, Bob, that was somehow my idea as well, just the way you say it.
Big question is always how cooperative the local government is.
But I do think, if you are offering something, you'll get a good response.
I had the idea to hire a trash collector anyway to do the job every morning.
I will get him a tractor and a trailer and he is collecting the trash from all over the place.
So somebody is getting a job already.
His wife (maybe) will be hired for keeping the so called 'washhouse' clean.
A building containing restrooms, showers, washing machines and sinks for dishes.
So there is the next person with a job.
But back to the headline>garbage.
I'm guessing, if the community got a dumpground already, maybe I can help to 'develop' it, extend it, as I have to have a bulldozer anyway for to construct the RV place.
sometimes it might be that (a smaller) community is happy about any help to extend or develop or, or,or such a dump ground.
So there will be another guy having a job by operating the dozer.
Then I need some folks at the entrance / reception.
There is something I heard (but I will make that to another post as well) about employ Mexicans.
Somebody told me that you hardly can get rid of employees if needed.
Is that true?
Maybe somebody else knows about that?
Take care guys
Germanicus
mcgyver
Nomad

thumbdown.gif posted on 8-6-2004 at 08:27 PM
Your far out ideals

:bounce: I would kind of like to be there the day you drive up to the Mexican customs in your 13 ton gravel truck towing your bulldozer and see the looks on their faces when you tell them you are coming to clean up their country! Didn't you guys try this in Europe and started WW2??:?::?::?::?::?:
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 10:20 AM

can anybody here please tell me the connection between cleaning up a place in BCS and WWII ??????????????????
Cleaning up a place where I want to live is natural for me.
Keeping that place clean is also natural to me.
>Maybe not for others as my idea gets more criticism as I expected, but anybody who wants, can live in his own excrements and stir them from time to time for to preserve them for tomorrows lunch break > I don't care!
I am not like this and I will keep any place in the world where I am living clean.
No matter where in the world that might be.
But what the heck has that to do with WWII ?
Germanicus
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 01:22 PM
DOGS roaming around...

...nobody has made mention about the dogs roaming all over the place. Last night calle Francisco I. Madero in Loreto where I have my shop was clean as a whistle. trash barrels with their trash in place. this morning at 5:15 a.m. when I came back to get some stuff to launch some boats, trash barrels overtunred and garbage all over the streets. The dogs knock them over and hunt for food. This happens too much and makes a huge mess of everything.

fly fishin' Pam
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 03:52 PM
Pam

I had the same problem....but no more. Tie a rope around the trash can and secure it to a post and the dogs will not be able to knock it over. We have two Rottweillers living next door and they can't do it---and they are big. They do, however, leave us a little gift on the ground from time to time. Actually, its a BIG gift. Mexico without stray dogs would be like
Santa Monica without homeless bums.:biggrin:

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 07:48 PM

off topic: If there is no fishing in heaven, I'm not going > original by Capt. Sharky.
Notonly because of no fishin, I do not want to go to heaven.
In heaven I will meet all the boring guys, like all the popes and the nuns(cant make no love to them)all the brave and good and boring guys.
I wanna go to hell to meet Stalin, Hitler, Saddam (if he makes it before me), most of the priests(at least those who had their fun with the nuns).
Dean Martin. Franky Boy and all the rat pack guys. JFK of course for all his cheating on Jacky will be there.
Marylin? may be she's there with JFK?
I wanna meet Churchill and > yes, DjordschDubbeljuh, if he makes it to hell because of all his lies.
Yes, and, well, I have my doubts that hell lets me in.
I am a firefighter here and they might think that I'm just coming to fight the fire.
So I'm thinking about quitting as a firefighter > for my entry-pass.
Have fun with your imagination!
Germanicus
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2004 at 09:25 AM

back to business > means topic.
Against stray dogs there is some kinda easy solution.
You can by certain chemicals dogs simply hate , > don't know any brand name but if you - anonymous pam - are interested I can ask my friends in France, they are using it permanetly as they are running an RV Park and do have the same problem.
Or you can simply try salt > this orange coloured salt the butchers are using.
It's cheap and it gets into the dogs claws and itches.
They will learn fast.
An you can poor it between the garbage.
bet'ya the dogs don't like eatin' it.
With 'salty greetings' (don't take it too serious)
Germanicus
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.