BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Is it time for a Baja Sur-Nomad Party?
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:59 AM

a few?
I was listening to abc's reports live yesterday, and they reported some small planes were wadded up like beer cans, and more inland cows were found dead wrapped in barbed wire.

edit: there was even a report of a plane 'taking off' without the benefit of power or pilot.

cat 4 storms can do that.:o

[Edited on 8-14-2004 by whodat54321]

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
bajapablo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 09:31 AM
Yes, St. George, UT

Feel free to drop me a line, come by for dinner, kick up your feet, whatever.

\"changes it lattitudes, changes in attitudes\"
J.Buffet
Juan
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life is good.

[*] posted on 8-15-2004 at 09:09 AM

Hola Skeet, Just read about your move. Trish and I have been wondering when you would be moving on. When you look at your past life it is easy to tell what is in your future. When you can find time pick up a book on Adult Developmental Theory. Enteresting reading even if you don't believe in "book learning".

I have to be in Loreto November 10th (or before) to renew my FM3. Anytime after that would be great for me to attend a party in Baja Sur. Unfortunatly I think I will be flying into Loreto so I will be traveling by Autobus to anyplace outside of Loreto. That will be OK for me. Don't know about the party though, I will be traveling with my 19 year old grand daughter. She would just love to meet everyone and would probably like to party all night but I am too old for that anymore.

Best wishes on your move, please keep in touch amigo.

Juan
frizkie
Nomad

Mood: tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 02:52 AM
2nd annual Baja Sur Nomad Bash

I'd sure hate to be missing this bash after the great one we had last year but DRAT!!! Does it have to be so early in the year??? Waaaaaa!! I just don't know if I can swing being in Baja from early November until Late March. But if it was a little later ...count me in fer sure.
I'll start stocking up on the peanut butter Tucker. And JR, Si! to Chayo's dos chivas, possible MAS chivas?
Natalie, we'll get back to that conversation one way or another. I can hardly wait!!
Please, Please, make the party later in the year, after all, the date last year seemed to work well. This new Baja rig I'm putting together is costing me more and more everyday, so I'll have to work a little longer before I can afford to put enough fuel in 'er to get me there. I just put a cool grand into it today, and on my drive home from the mechanic's I noticed the darn speedo had quit...JEEZ!! JR reading your "Auto Woes Prose" is helping ease the pain, Giggle!!;D
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 07:09 AM

Frizkie, mi amiga - Thanks for the morning smile... you may be in Canada (aren't you?) but definitely On Mexican Time. Me too. Had to recheck my calendar - but last year's party - it was this year!:lol::lol:
I sure hope to see you in November. If not, we'll have to beg Tucker for another gathering in March of next year.;)

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 08:59 AM

Reading about that great party the Nomads del Norte enjoyed can be just a tad disconcerting--how can we possibly match all that?

Will someone please volunteer to clone Antonio Baja Cactus? We need a similarly helpful entrepreneur down here. After all, some of the good stuff provided at that party (dates, cheese, etc.) was imported from the Sur.

Lera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 06:13 PM

Hey Tucker

Party???

Have you settled on a date and time??
:?::?:

Exact Place???:?::?:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 06:25 PM
Skeet and I

are meeting tomorrow (Fri 27th) to rough out the details. It's his baby, so I want him to have the majority input.

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 07:46 PM
Are we going to have to

learn to speak in tongues?:lol::lol::lol:
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 09:51 PM

No kidden Bajarela, I'll be down there In Nov. But sheesh Bajacactus realy set the pace.I know I cant be much help. Maybe we should all get together and I dont know, see how many Bellenas we can put down? Hey as long as theres a bunch of amigos it'll all work out.

All that wonder are not lost
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2004 at 05:56 AM
Party Goers!

When you know for sure that you can attend, please u2u Tucker so that we can get a list and know how much food to prepare.

I will be gone the next 10 days, so lets see if we can really get an Early count to Tucker!

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2004 at 06:27 PM

Nov.6 is still a long time ahead. But I would like to leave Texas by Sept. 20.
I am still intending to donate briskets to that meeting.
Now comes my wife and sais: Can you bring meet cross the border?
Damn good question.
Who knows more?
I there a difference maybe if the meet is raw or cooked?
let me know what you guys are thinking.
NO! I need facts, not thinking.
Have fun meanwhile.
Germanicus
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2004 at 07:18 PM
Meat across the border

That's a good one for sure. And what's more, there's another border to go through which is even more serious about carne contraband.
I will email you with some ideas Germanicus. It is not legal but for the sake of the P-nche migras, there are ways around it.
I hope somebody doesn't turn me in to the "Mexican authorities" for saying that
:lol::lol::lol: Friggen marooons!!!
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2004 at 01:51 PM

O.K., the problem how to bring meat across the border is solved.
JR got the space to store/freeze the brsikets.
My question to y'all: Is there any chance for anybody living around LaPaz let's say within a 1h radius who can smoke briskets?
Does anybody know a possibility with a maybe commercial BBQ guy?
I'm asking because raw meat is easier to hide (no gravy!) and freshly smoked brisket for sure tastes better.
If there is no possibility to smok'em on the 5/6 of Nov. in the LaPaz area, I will smoke'em here > no big deal.
It's just because, smoked ones, well even the biggest uniformed dumn-ass can smell'em in my truck.
Germanicus
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2004 at 09:53 AM

Skeet, JR, and all the others partissipating in the preparation of the BCS party.
I will not partissipate in the BCS Party.
Reason for that is: FrankO is more than one time launching personal attacks on me.
Silly, political-colored-hate attacks which are not my style of any discussion.
(See 'Sportsfishing takes a big bite out of ...')
I do not want to discuss / talk or meet people like him.
And that can happen on the BCS Party.
As I am definately not trying to ask you guys for any action, it is my clear decission not to be there in LaPaz at that Party.
Sorry for any inconveniance this decisssion might create. Specificly looking at the briskets and beer I was willing to spend and helping you guys to have a big, good come-together.
But the chance to meet with people like FrankO at that occasion is making my decission firm.
I wish you a real succes by having that party,
and again, I am sorry for this deveopment, but I will not take the chance of meeting poeple like FrankO.
Kind Regs to all of you.
Germanicus
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2004 at 10:00 AM
Pussy

Well, I had a sneaking suspicion that you would have a problem with your ideas for Baja. You will !
I have seen you throw out more anti u.s. stuff than me cavron but when one person gives you a little of it back, you run off whining? Soap opera lives are not welcome here.
I would say that you probably won't make it past Ensenada before realizing the mistake you made and hightail it back to the border.
Stand up like a man cavron and back up what you say rather than being a quitter! :mad:
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2004 at 10:31 AM

last post from me:
JR you are wrong > tatally wrong.
Pussy? Quitter?
say what you wanna say.
But I'm going my way.
Into BCS and more.
I will start and finish my development despite all hurdles I will face.
But beeing personally attacked in a primitif way under the beltline, is a different story.
This forum certainly can live without me, so can I live without this forum and beeing personally attacked.
I can go materialize my intentions defenately without beeing attacked in this forum.

It is not about beeing a quitter or pussy!

I am capable to answer to FrankO that he does not fit in his underwear anymore.
I know the words , you can be damn sure about that. But it is not my style.
My adjucation does not allow me to answer in such primitif way he is posting his attacks.

And 'Yes', I criticised the U.S. as I don't like the way the U.S are making politics > war > catastrophic developments in countries the U.S only have oil interest in etc. etc.
But I never, ever launched a personal attack on anybody in this forum.

And that makes the entire difference.
Take good care of yourself.
P.S. If you think we wanna meet, you got my e-mail
Germanicus
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.