Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Los Cabos airport to La Paz
OLDFEZZYWIG
Junior Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 8-7-2004 at 08:43 AM
Los Cabos airport to La Paz

I will be flying into Los Cabos airport and I am wondering what cab or van fare will be to La Paz . Thanks in advance for any answers .
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 08:47 AM
Why not

just fly to La Paz ?:light:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 09:42 AM

Times I've flown into Cabo we've taken a taxi to the bus station and the bus to La Paz. Let me warn you, although the bus station is nearby the taxi fare is expensive - highest of any fare I've encountered in Baja. Don't know what is the going price these days (perhaps someone will tell us?), but be certain to establish the cost before getting into the cab.

The couple-hour bus ride covers some lovely country and is the only way you'll have the opportunity to see it if you're not renting a car. Have a great time.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 10:48 AM

Natalie does that bus stop in Los Barrelias/Bunea Vista area?

Thanks

Tommy A

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 10:56 AM
In case she's gardening,

Yep. And depending on which bus, it'll stop anywhere else you want it to as long as it's not one of the express 90 mile an hour pass on the curves buses.:lol:
Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 04:57 PM

OLDFEZZYWIG, the bus is 15 dlls. and takes three hours. Not a bad ride at all. Ask a local the best way into La Paz cause you'll go past where you want to be and end up spending 20dlls on a cab to get you back! Funny how things work out that way! I cant remember what street your to get off at . I know only by being there , if ya know what I mean. Like Jr said alot of times it's cheeper to fly right on into La Paz. When are you going? Jr why do the Mexican people seem to always close the blinds on the bus? I know some times it's SCARY, but it's also so beutifull!!

All that wonder are not lost
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 05:03 PM

If you have no need to be in Cabo (and really, does anyone?), I can't even imagine not flying directly into LaPaz. ~20 cab ride at most to anyplace you want to be in town.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 05:06 PM

BTW, we have always thought that LaPaz was a beautiful city, but the most recent improvements to the Malecon are very nice indeed. On Friday, they were paving the main road along the water as well...Just wish they would now put up a sign at all points of entry; "If you like Cabo; Stay out of La Paz"

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
OLDFEZZYWIG
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2004 at 10:51 PM

Thanks all for your help . The only reason I am not flying into La Paz is that I am coming from Phoenix and can fly non stop to Los Cabos on America West . Flying directly into La Paz requires two stops . I will jump on the bus , it looks like it will save me about 100 bucks . Heck thats half a day of panga fishing . Thanks again
Great board here .
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 09:25 AM
Closing the blinds

I will take a guess. Either they don't have TV at home and would rather watch a movie on the bus or, they look at it as just another desert. Boring to some.
When I was in Mindanao, we were picking the most incredible shells up off the beach. A group of kids (about 20) gathered around us and were laughing at us picking up the "junk" off the beach.
I figured that it was like grass to them. They grew up with it, they see it every day, and it is basically meaningless to them.
Different strokes so to speak.

Fezzy, as Natalie said, it is a really nice ride. Pick yerself up a Ballena and some Gamesas or fruit and enjoy the ride through the hills.
You will probably stop in San Bartolo. Try some mango candy!:light:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 09:43 AM

I believe ticket price and the best place to enter Baja depend on what airport you're originally leaving from. During the last AeroCa ticket sale chaos I began to check other prices, other places. Found that I could fly San Francisco to Cabo, nonstop, for the same price or less than Oakland to La Paz with two stops.

The time taken for taxi to bus and bus to La Paz is about the same as entire trip Oak-LAX-LaPaz. As JR said, on the bus you have the opportunity to get off and explore or stay a night along the way. Be certain to get a schedule at the bus station so you know when your ride will be back.

Again, have a wonderful vacation!

.....Oscar Wilde
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 09:48 AM

Besides the mango candy in San Bartolo, be certain to pick up some of the delicious meat/potato empanadas to munch along the way. The Oasis is the place to stop for both - unless JR has a better suggestion. :wow::yes::bounce:

Question for spelling police:
Is it empanada or empenada?

[Edited on 8-8-2004 by Natalie Ann]

.....Oscar Wilde
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 09:53 AM

Empanada!!!!
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 09:55 AM

gracias, Elizabeth

.....Oscar Wilde
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 10:26 AM

Por nada, Natalie.

Not the spelling police...just the food police!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 8-8-2004 at 10:57 AM
hahahahaha

:lol:

The bus unfortunately stops at the other place that I don't know the name of. Better parking!
But, they all have the same goodies!!:bounce:

[Edited on 8/8/2004 by jrbaja]
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 01:44 PM

Take the Aguila bus, a cab will charge you an arm and a leg.

Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 8-8-2004 at 08:47 PM

Natalie Ann Last time down,begining of July I scored the ole 250 round trip fair outa TJ same price out of LA. I'm heading back down Nov 1st for a month. While Im down i'm going straight to the Areo Cal office. Every time I'v gotten tickets there Ive been very lucky. Once we where stuck with no way back gota one wayer for 80 dollars! Three more months to go GAWD!! Not sure I can make it!

All that wonder are not lost

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.