BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Cactus Cultural Fiesta: WE HAVE EXTRA SEATS!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-17-2004 at 07:40 PM

Bernie my friend, should circumstances change, please attend. There will be a seat for you at the movies even if I have to stay outside (I have seen both films)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Markitos
Nomad

Mood: let me check

[*] posted on 8-17-2004 at 08:19 PM

I'm heading down :biggrin:solo from the San Marcos area. I've got an extra seat in the old beater if anyone needs a ride.Can pick up anywhere south of Oceanside.

All that wonder are not lost
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-17-2004 at 11:09 PM
Bernie...

My friend Bernie... so sad you will not be able to make it.....I second David...if things change... join us... we will make sure you have a place there....:D

See you all sunday....:bounce::bounce::bounce:

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
David K
Honored Nomad

eureka.gif posted on 8-18-2004 at 10:53 PM
Great Surprise!

BajaCactus has released a few seats he was holding for family or friends, so we now have more available (80) max.

See you Sunday morning... Remember there are lots of great door prizes... Satellite Baja Posters, Baja books, tequila, pies, free motel rooms in El Rosario, and more...

[Edited on 8-20-2004 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:50 AM

Wondering if anyone has 2 extra seats in their vehicle, someone that is attending the entire event?

I'm in Orange County (Fullerton), but can meet you anywhere, even just before the border. It would be my son, age 19, Jed, and myself, Suzanne.

I can be reached at 760- 709- 1054.
thanks.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Guys, i can make it to the cultural center, but Palma Azul is a little bit too pricey for my finances at this time, so if its no problem for anyone, i will skip the dinner after Cecut.
Any suggestion for a low-cost alternative for those not going to Palma Azul to meet at? Fish Tacos? Then ice cream after at that place over by Sam's Club with the exotic fruit sorbets (including Pitahaya)?

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 08:43 PM
Alternatives

We being poor trailer trash will probably end up at La Vuelta. One of our less expensive traditional favorites.:light:
On the other hand, for an event like this including 2 movies, a museum tour, a guided tour, and the company of many Baja lovers, approximately $54.00 per person is pretty darn reasonable don'tcha think?

Muchas gracias Antonio !!!!!!!!!
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 08:49 PM

price is right, but.....

I will be coming in fresh off work (start at 11:30 the previous night), and my supervisor advises me that sleep is a necessity, so dinner is out for me, as I need to get home and get a few z's.

Darn 24 hour days!:mad:

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
$54.00 per person is pretty darn reasonable don'tcha think?
Yes I do.... but do the math for a couple with 4 kids and you'll see my plight. ;)

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:23 PM
A little less $$... if it helps?

JR... with the tip and tax included the dinner is under $44. The parking is per car at about $4... So if it helps get more folks to have some 'Peninsular Cuisine', one person is $48 and all others in that person's car are $44 each. Doug's family would be over $200... Even if Antonio got kid prices quoted, I think that is a bunch when the youngin's will enjoy the taco stand more!

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 08:01 AM
Over excessiveness

is generally a gringo thing.
But, under the circumstances, it's a pretty good deal.
On the other hand, that's about 10 meals compared to what I am used to paying.
Baja Red
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 12:07 PM
jrbaja

I'm with you...Well worth the price. Looking forward to meeting you at the Fiesta. This will be a lot of fun and I feel bad for the ones that cannot make it due to prior commitments. See you there..Baja Red (Mike)
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 12:45 AM
A small thank you note...

Hi,

First of all, we would like to express our deepest appreciation and thanks to all the friends, who are doing a huge effort, to come all the way to Tijuana, and attend the BajaCactus Cultural Fiesta 2004.... thank you friends for being so positive and open to receive the friendship, that we as bajacalifornians, wish to offer you...

We have high hopes that this reunion becomes one more step in the continous bonding of the tree Californias, even though we speak different lenguages and that we come from very different beliefs, we do have a something much stronger in common... we all LOVE this land and the humbleness of its simple people.

On the other hand, those of you who were unable to attend, let it be known that you will be miss, and we hope to have the opportunity to meet you very soon in the next reunion or event....:D

We are fill with joy, happiness and excitment with the arrival of this next sunday, because we will be able to meet in person, with so many nomads and friends which we only know online, and we finally will be able to offer you a smile, face to face, along with a sincere and strong handshake ...:D

As you may notice, we have not posted much lately....we have been extremely busy preparing and setting everything up to receive you as you deserve... but we promise to return more next week.

Well friends, I hope you will like what we have put together for you, and we shall be waiting for you this next sunday.... again... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ACCEPTING OUR INVITATION!!!......

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.