Baja Love Ride

This should be a fun one for Nomads spread throughout the peninsula:

Baja Love Ride

Start training!

mexicoliving
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 05:17 PM

1000 Mile Bicycle Ride to put a positive spin on Baja

The first annual Baja Love Ride will be held February 2011. This “ride for a cause” fundraising event will entail a 1000 mile bicycle ride from Rosarito to Cabo San Lucas. The ride will last 15 days. Riders and teams can participate in the entire 1000 mile course or they can join in two other shorter rides as part of the Baja Love Ride. There will be a five mile “Good Start” ride, which represents the good start a child needs in life; which is perfect for children and families to enjoy. There will also be a single day (one leg) community ride complete with overnight camping as an option. All proceeds from each leg of the Baja Love Ride will go to children’s charities located in the communities along the route.

Each participant and team is being encouraged to involve friends, colleagues, and family from around the globe to either join in the ride or sponsor riders. With so many children in need in Baja, each and every dollar raised will make a real difference in the lives of children who simply have no control over their situation. Baja charitable groups that will be directly impacted by the funds raised.

While the main goal of the Baja Love Ride is to raise as much money for children’s charities as possible, organizers believe there are added benefits if the ride is a success. Recent negative news reports have painted the Baja area in an unfair light. The organizers of the event hope the Baja Love Ride will reinforce what Baja residents already know---the area is safe, welcoming and a wonderful haven that everyone should support and enjoy. Tourism has declined and local businesses have felt the crunch due to this mischaracterization. This has filtered down to the children’s charities as they have seen fewer donations and struggle to support the needs of the children of Baja. The Baja Love Ride organizers hope the ride will change the negative perception of the area and believe it will also give Mexico the chance to showcase the huge investment in the Baja highway system.

Ride founders, John and Rachel Pack, of Baja Good Life Club have partnered with Bill and Carol Spradlin of the Mexican non-profit Casa de Fe in hope the ride will achieve all of its goals and become an annual community event that helps more and more children each year while promoting the Baja area as the safe and pleasurable destination they know it to be.

The Baja Love Ride
www.bajaloveride.com
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 05:53 PM

I hope I don't run any of them over.....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 06:36 PM

Good to know. I will schedule our trip down NOT to conflict with this well-meaning event, but really question the concept.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 06:41 PM

If they pull this off without disaster, it will be a miracle. It's caravan season.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 07:05 PM

Better make sure no fat women in Hondas are on the road then:lol:

Looking at their website route, looks like they go from San Felipe to Lake Chapala down the east side.....who planned that????:o

Bueno suerte....:saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
I hope I don't run any of them over.....dt

YOU BETTER PRAY UR FASTER THAN THE SAG WAGONS, DUDE
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 07:54 PM

has bike baja been run before ?
roadhog
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 07:55 PM

3rd thought: there is a PERMIT, no ?
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 08:15 PM

Just a couple of weeks ago we made a trip from our home below San Felipe to where the paved road ends towards Gonzaga Bay and saw a couple of bike riders "pre-running" with a couple of chase cars all heading south and have seen a few other riders in the past month.

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 08:31 PM

say a guy yesterday heading south in a red jersey climbing south towards santo tomas checkpoint. really dark colors on him for the time of day and shadows. was that chrisx?

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2011 at 09:20 PM

People who do not have a clue...
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 1-23-2011 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Better make sure no fat women in Hondas are on the road then:lol:

No joke, I was exercising on my road bike a few years ago, and one was texting when she didn't stop and almost broadsided me while I was riding my road bike.:!:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.