Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: You haven't lived
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 06:52 AM
Well, you guys

have turned my one attempt at being civil into how to keep ice cold in an ice chest!
Yall are some frigid bastads!
It's back to ranting about gringos for me hahahahahahahahaha:lol:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:18 AM
GOOOOODDD ONE Jr!

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skeeter, you brought back some very fond memories of "Twin Sisters" dance hall outside of Blanco Tx. They would have a dance on Sat. nights, big "doins" for the small town of 500 (1984) me being a city girl I especially loved the whole family, country thing (I miss Texas)....all the kids would come, and little girls would be dancing with their Daddys, Yes, there was beer served, but, nobody got drunk and stupid (I think probebly because of the children) Those were "the days" :)
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 07:20 AM

Yah pappy!!!!
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 08:02 AM

question to Debra: if you miss Texas so much, do you got property in BCS???
I got lots of land here in Fredericksburg/TX. so why don't you think about switching?
> and you love Fredericksburg as you said in another post.
(Hey switchin was a threat some weeks ago and somebody said: Texas against Baja: NO WAY!)
But there is one major drawback today to those days you are remembering.
Today most of the guys @ Saturdays night dances get drunken (even the under 21, they love it) and fist fights are common.
No matter if that is around Fort-Worth or Blanco/Fredericksburg or elsewhere.
The good ol' days are over, we younger mid-aged-guys in our 60's and 70's have to acknowledge that

How to cool ice in a chest: What really helps is putting an old and large towel around and keep that wet.
as water evaporates it produces cold.
Even salt water helps very good if the towel is kept very wet all the time.
Somehow it's the same method like fishinrich is talking about.
Have fun @ the Baja , Texas is not the real thing!
Germanicus
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
have turned my one attempt at being civil into how to keep ice cold in an ice chest!

Funny! But true!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 12:31 PM
Can you say

"Huarache" ?:lol:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2004 at 12:59 PM
nicus!

You are in a "Bad" section of Texas. You should come up to the Panhandle where my Wife and I attented the "Cowboy Church of Amarillo" last Saturday Night.

Church was formed a couple of years ago with Arena and Pens located to the Rear of the church. Instead of going out and getting Drunk at the "Caravan" on Sat. Nite, they come to Church, Good Music, Kids are trained on Sunday after Church in Bull-dogging, Roping, Barrell riding etc.!
It is growing so fast that a New Building is in the Works.
At the recent "Panhandle Working Cowboys Rodeo, there was 600 Lbs. of Calf Fries servved along with Keystone Beer. I DID NOT SEE ANYONE DRUNK OUT OF AT LEAST 500 Cowboys and their Families.

I do have a 10Mtr. x 30 Mtr. Lot about a block off the Water in Loreto for Sale. Asking $25,000. What do you have to Trade?

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.