Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Midriff Islands
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 09:35 AM
Midriff Islands

We cruised a few of the Midriff isalnds last week. Bianca, my 15 year old daughter and I had a great trip.
Saw only one other boat at the islands or along the remote shores we cruised on the peninsula.
I am sure I bored Bianca with geology, biology, botany and fish stories!
When you think it is getting crowded, step out of the box into the unknown.
Your reward will be an adventure to remember and raw Baja at its best.
Thanks to Antonio, Baja Cactus, for the nice rooms he is building, fair exchange rates and the gift! Baja Cactus in El Rosario is my official resting and jumping into Baja stop!
Adios! Jorge

Trip Link with a few photos: http://www.southcoastfarms.com/newpage11.htm

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 09:43 AM
Great time Jorge!

Thanks for sharing your trip. Nothing better than father daughter trips! And thanks for the supplies Amigo. Will you be down soon?
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 11:11 AM

JR, am going to try and make it down to fish either Wed or Thurs, I left the boat at the Coral as we are going there for the week next week. Want to go fishing? When I have a go plan I will notify you. Good grade of albacore going off at the 238 and yellows and dorado on the paddys. Have room for one other. Any fisher folks out there, must have Mexican license of course. Let me know.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 11:24 AM
Yep,

Let me know when you are coming and I'll be ready. You can stop by here or I'll meet you there.

PS, the birds and dolphins have been going nuts for two days! :bounce:

[Edited on 8/16/2004 by jrbaja]
cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 11:40 AM
NICE PICS .....

JORGE ....
Another great write up and more excellent PICs of baja. I made the trip aroung GUARDIAN ANGEL in NOVEMBER several years ago in my ZODIAC and the water was a little cooler and better visability.
I am sure it was an experience the two of you will want to do again and again .....

:yes:;D:tumble::smug::bounce::o:O:fire:
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 01:47 PM

that big sea cave looks like fun. which island is that on?:D

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 05:01 PM

Thank you Don Jorge, for an excellent report with photos! :yes::yes::yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 07:42 PM
Great report

Sounds like muy fun.

Cristobal: you are a crazy man taking that Zodiac out.

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-16-2004 at 09:16 PM
Our pleasure!!!

Thanks a lot for your nice words Don Jorge..... I enjoyed very much meeting you and your daughter...!!

Hope to see you in the near future and good luck with your farming this year!!!.....:D

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
cristobal
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:16 AM

I like the way JORGE takes PICS .....What kind of CAMERA gear do you use ..??? Do you use a few different LENSES or just a ZOOM ...??? Have you ever taken a PHOTO class ..???

JZ ... This wasn't that really big of a trip ... I have gone from NEWPORT CALIF. to HAWAII on a 40' CATAMARAN before in 14 days surfing 30' swells and doing 25 KNOTS. The key in the CORTEZ is preparation. The ZODIAC and 50 HP MERCURY were in top shape. I had plenty of GAS. I took 4 SCUBA tanks and spent 3 days working my way around GUARDIAN ANGEL. The bonus to the trip was the EXTRA-LARGE SCALLOPS that I found ..... some in 10' of water at PUERTO REFUGIO at the northern tip. I could spend 10 days there diving 3 tanks per day and NEVER dive the same site TWICE. Lots of nice REEFS ....

:O:rolleyes::wow::yawn::yes::o:fire:
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 11:43 AM

JR: Sorry you didn't make it yesterday. Fishin was great and the weather better. Next time!
Dez Rat: get well viejo, I got my sights set on Diablo end of September and Lake Powell/Glenn canyon November. NO water in the side canyons! Vengase!Whodat54321: The cave is on Isla San Lorenzo.
Cristobal:I shoot with a Canon G3 and a digital Rebel and have lots of lenses. No classes, just read and practice. Digital has changed the photo world. And JZ is right, La Guardia on an inflatable. 2 summers ago we went to Refugio and camped on a 20 ft Seacraft and I thought was crazY!
JZ: Thanks for posting your trips, the info I gleaned from your trips helps!

Nature bats last!

http://www.southcoastfarms.com/bird_n_bay_sunrise.JPG

[Edited on 8-19-2004 by Don Jorge]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 12:31 PM
Thanks Jorge

I have ham sandwiches and Carta Blanca coming out of my ears.:lol::lol::lol:
I was drooling lookin at the water yesterday knowing what was goin on out there.:mad:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.