BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: WORST STORM IN US HISTORY - MOSTLY UNREPORTED & TONGUE IN CHEEK
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-4-2011 at 08:43 PM

Man - this photo from the latest storm looks like a December 2012 shot...

acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 2-5-2011 at 06:30 AM

It was very nice of the good lord to put the outlines of the states on top of those clouds for us:lol::lol:
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Man - this photo from the latest storm looks like a December 2012 shot...

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 11:11 AM
Why Not Minot?

Maybe we should make North Dakota the capitol of the USA .

This morning I opened this 'factual email' from a Baja amiga wh0 lives on an avacodo ranch north of Escondido, Ca. ;D

She's been to ND a couple times, and knows the people....and so...is a little biased, like me. :rolleyes:

This text is from a county emergency manager in Minot, North Dakota

Minot Daily News

WEATHER BULLETIN
Up here in the Northern part of North Dakota we just recovered from a Historic event --- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 25’ of snow and winds to 50 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10 ' s of thousands.

Here's my..and others..two cents:

FYI:

Obama did not come.

FEMA did nothing.

No one howled for the government.

No one blamed the government.

No one even uttered an expletive on TV.

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.

Our Mayor ' s did not blame Obama or anyone else.

Our Governor did not blame Obama or anyone else either.

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC did not visit - or even report on this category 5 snow storm.

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.
No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.
No one looted.
Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.
Nobody expected the government to do anything either.
No Larry King, No Bill O ' Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.
No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Brad Pitts, No Hollywood types to be found.

Nope, we just melted the snow for water.
Sent out caravans of SUV 's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars.
The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn’t ' t ask for a penny.
Local restaurants made food, and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snow bound families..
Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.

We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.
We put on an extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".
We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for ' sittin at home ' checks.

Even though a Category 5 blizzard of this scale is not usual, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

I hope this message comes through...loud and clear.

Maybe ......
SOME people will get the message ......

The world does Not owe you a living

p.s. Should I be ducking by now?

[Edited on 2-12-2011 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 12:44 PM

Hah! Nice try Pampano! I thought this sounded suspiciously like an email I'd read a couple years ago so I snoped the story----not particularly true as the explanation on snopes points out:

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/soapbox/snowfall.asp

What got me thinking about it was the version you have which says ND got 25 feet of snow---I know ND is too dry to get that much!
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 01:09 PM

The point is sound and positive ... as were the actions taken by the folks who "worked or died"...

Spot on.... no incoming from me...

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 01:12 PM

Mexitron..it's not so much the veracity of the story...it's the message behind it.

Besides, I live there and have sandbagged my share during spring floods...and cleaned up tornado torn towns...blizzards are common, believe me..and we get many feet of snow during a good one.

ND needs that snow for our spring planting...

Google North Dakota floods, storms, blizzards, and tornados...and then find out how much federal aid was asked for?...not that I am prejudiced or anything....;)

Don't kill the messenger!! Please...

..and don't give me that 'nice try' caca...I believe it and know it..as if it was the real deal...ND rocks.

But don't move there, please..the dang place is getting overrun with Nomads..
Right, Don Jorge?
:yes:;)

[Edited on 2-11-2011 by Pompano]

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 01:47 PM

Amen Pompano!;)
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Mexitron..it's not so much the veracity of the story...it's the message behind it.

Besides, I live there and have sandbagged my share during spring floods...and cleaned up tornado torn towns...blizzards are common, believe me..and we get many feet of snow during a good one.

ND needs that snow for our spring planting...

Google North Dakota floods, storms, blizzards, and tornados...and then find out how much federal aid was asked for?...not that I am prejudiced or anything....;)

Don't kill the messenger!! Please...

..and don't give me that 'nice try' caca...I believe it and know it..as if it was the real deal...ND rocks.

But don't move there, please..the dang place is getting overrun with Nomads..Right, Don Jorge?
:yes:;)

[Edited on 2-11-2011 by Pompano]

Well, I was being a little tongue-in-cheek myself, didn't mean to sound like I was on the attack...no worries mate, just HAD to respond to the 25 feet of snow---North Dakotans can shovel it on just like Texans. :lol:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2011 at 02:32 PM

No doubt about it, amigo...as my mother can attest to since I was a tadpole. ;D

But as to that 25 feet of snow..I can see our strong northerlies making winddrifts at least that high..maybe even 50 feet..or...

I recall a story my Dad often told about the dust and dirt storms in the Dirty Thirties.

He was out riding fence one day after a particularily bad dust storm..and spotted a nice Stetson laying on top of a fresh sand dune.

He rode over to it..leaned down from the saddle and scooped it up. Wow..there was a head under it! The head looks up at Dad and says, "Best grab a shovel, boss..I'm on horseback." :yes:
Paz!

Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.