Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Who's Going List, Baja Cactus Fiesta
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 02:25 PM
don't know how to use the quote function but

"This message board is for use by Baja Nomads (registration required and there's over 1000 registered" ....from DK above,

i don't think so. several unregistered anonymous peoples posting regularly, no?

could be wrong but, that's what i seem to read. any hoo i thought "non-nomad" seemed kinda goofy.

Bob and Susan, you going? you can tell me all about it in mulege whenever. bad enough i got to be in socal during the week for work, i'll be home for the weekend planning my raid south coming up soon enough!!!:yes::biggrin::smug:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BigSwingingVerga
Banned

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 02:51 PM

This seems like it is going to be so much fun. Sitting around with all you baja travelers and swapping stories. All under the direction of the King of Baja. Wow, it just doesn't get any better. It is amazing how this all came together so quickly. It seems like just a couple of months ago Baja Cactus came on board and introduced himself to everyone, now he and David K are planning events together like they have been friends forever. This is such a special place that make things like this possible. :barf:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 04:12 PM

Nice name Mr verga.:biggrin:

whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 05:13 PM

Ok, today I went on a cigarette run for my brother, so with the day off and lots of time on my hands, I decided to see if I could WALK to CECUT.

Turned out easier than even I expected.

I go around 350 lbs., so walking is not the easiest of things I do (should do more of it these days and get away from this computer), but it was still a piece of cake.

Here's how:

Walking into Mexico, turn right past the customs area and go through the second set of turnstiles and cross the street, then turn left. Go down the sicewalk until you pass the mc donalds, and veer right into the viva tijuana shopping plaza. You will go straight down the middle and head for the pedestrian overpass at the back of the mall. Cross the bridge, you will see and smell the floaters as you go over.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/cynthia_berry@sbcglobal.net/floaters.jpg[/img]

when you get to the other side, exit the ramp to your left, and walk on the street you just crossed over (I think this is Internacional) AWAY from the bridge.

The trick is to stay near this freeway-like structure as you walk parallel to it down the side streets. The 2 key buildings to spot along the way are the smart and final, and the costco which are near each other and CECUT. This is the way I took walking down sanchez taboada, which runs parallel to paseo de los heroes. there's even a sign pointing to turn off for CECUT on that street.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/cynthia_berry@sbcglobal.net/0005.jpg[/img]

If on foot, cut through the costco lot to get to ninos heroes, cross the street to the northbound side (where all the tourists/commuters to the states are lined up) then turn right (against traffic) and walk up the street two blocks to CECUT. The parking area is on Javier Mina, and I am guessing this is where we will find the other nomads? I would rather meet in the neat plaza on the corner, but this facility isn't so big that you would miss a group of 70, so I'm not too worried about that.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/cynthia_berry@sbcglobal.net/0006.jpg[/img]

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 07:47 PM

Thank you whodat! Really cool of you to scout the way!

Great news from Keri of the Pyramid Resort... A free night's stay is being given as a door prize! Thanks to Keri and the Pyramid Resort.

Capt. Mike... this is the General Baja Forum and does require registration to post... thus you are a Baja Nomad. Some who are not on Nomad are coming, and they are thus 'non-Nomads'... I wasn't trying to be offensive. I was thinking about your commenting that you didn't like putting labels on people.... Well, I was told that other board calls us kooks and this site is kookville, yes? I am sure you will express your displeasure there, too?
The person with a nasty name... You can either join other Baja fans in some social fun or not... But your jealousy that I can bring folks together to have fun is really silly. Because I have had four very successful Viva Baja parties (see photos in my web site), our new amigo BajaCactus asked my assistance. I think this has been pretty successful so far...
Hope you have fun on Sunday, as well!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 07:52 PM
Those are some healthy lookin "floaters"

Viva comida Mexicana!!!:lol::lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 07:59 PM
And David and Mike,

it's very good to show our very mature, intelligent, gringo like behaviour prior to what Antonio has to show us about his culture.
We gringos can certainly teach them a thing or two, right?:light:
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 12:43 AM
A small thank you note....

Hi,

First of all, we would like to express our deepest appreciation and thanks to all the friends, who are doing a huge effort, to come all the way to Tijuana, and attend the BajaCactus Cultural Fiesta 2004.... thank you friends for being so positive and open to receive the friendship, that we as bajacalifornians, wish to offer you...

We have high hopes that this reunion becomes one more step in the continous bonding of the tree Californias, even though we speak different lenguages and that we come from very different beliefs, we do have a something much stronger in common... we all LOVE this land and the humbleness of its simple people.

On the other hand, those of you who were unable to attend, let it be known that you will be miss, and we hope to have the opportunity to meet you very soon in the next reunion or event....:D

We are fill with joy, happiness and excitment with the arrival of this next sunday, because we will be able to meet in person, with so many nomads and friends which we only know online, and we finally will be able to offer you a smile, face to face, along with a sincere and strong handshake ...:D

As you may notice, we have not posted much lately....we have been extremely busy preparing and setting everything up to receive you as you deserve... but we promise to return more next week.

Well friends, I hope you will like what we have put together for you, and we shall be waiting for you this next sunday.... again... THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ACCEPTING OUR INVITATION!!!......

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 06:41 AM
let me clarify DK

i don't mind labels at all. sometimes they fit. what i was wondering with "why the labels?" was why are they being called "non-nomads"? didn't get the def. and BTW - non of it was offensive to me, i am just eternally curious.

perhaps i should not have used the plural form for "label".

Still think it a goofy term/usage. :lol::lol::lol:

enjoy the event all. if anybody happens by Adelita's for a drink or more, post your experience here!!;D:coolup:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 06:58 AM
Walking

Thanks WhoDat...always prefer walking and seeing the sights, talking with people. Your directions are greatly appreciated, maybe we'll see others on the route.
whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 07:25 PM

not sure if you will see much around that area, as it is primarily warehouses and commercial, but I did see a 4 man band knocking out some good dixieland along the way.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/cynthia_berry@sbcglobal.net/0004.jpg[/img]

I never think of the future - it comes soon enough. ? Albert Einstein
rogerj1
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 09:56 PM
I came this close to flying down

I was playing around with the airline flights yesterday just to see how extremely expensive it would be for me to pull some last minute shenanigans and fly down for the big get together. Out of nowhere I find a flight on Alaska from Seattle to San Diego departing Saturday, returning Tuesday, $204! The next cheapest flight was over $500. This must be a sign! I'm sure my wife will see this the same way. She didn't. Unfortunately, she's recovering from ACL surgery and can't get around. It would have been unfair for me to bail out on her. The good news is, that I'm building up some points to come down in the fall for the Loreto bash. Start the countdown, the soggy season in the Northwest is coming soon. Right, Debra?
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 10:02 PM
It really is a special place: BAJA!

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow... Antonio has gone WAY overboard in trying to make this a memorable party. I know he will discover what a great group the Baja Nomads are, and that we don't need a lot of fussin' with... Just get us together and have Baja California as the subject line, and we are self entertained from then on.

The RSVP list has stayed at the original 70 max. However, we do have 10 more seats... if you can shoot down to the Tijuana Cultural Center by 10:30 tomorrow morning, then COME ON DOWN!

Everything at the fiesta, up to the dinner at PalmAzul is free (thanks to BajaCactus). Drop me a note between now (10pm Sat.) and 7:00 am Sun. If you want to join us! info*at*vivabaja.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.