BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Is it safe to travel to Mexico?
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 09:42 AM
Is it safe to travel to Mexico?

Despite tales of drug violence, visitation to Mexico was up almost 19% over last year, as of September. And with 22.6 million tourists expected by year's end, numbers will about equal the record-breaking totals in 2008. About 80% of visitors are North American.

http://www.baja123.com/blogs/baja/archive/2010/12/13/is-it-s...

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 09:50 AM

C'mon, Deno....it's a real estate blog. Just like everyone else, they have their self-serving point of view. If you put that article on Maggies blog, facts would stone it to death in minutes.
BigOly
Senior Nomad

Mood: Easy Birder

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 09:50 AM

The secret is out! :barf:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 09:55 AM

There are only two variables in the equation. It's safe and it isn't safe. Those who comment on this pick one side or the other seeing no gray zone.
Actually, it's both. It can be safe in my neighborhood while, two blocks away it can be a war zone.
Why do people have to take one choice or the other and conclude, that's the way the whole place is?
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 10:36 AM

DENNIS! Them stones you are throwing at me are killing me. Please redirect towards the wife!

And you are right....I copied and pasted too fast without realizing its source. Thanks for catching that :cool:

Now.....
......."It can be safe in my neighborhood while....."

What days are safe to visit you? :lol:

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez

It's safe here except for the bottomless potholes. Nobody ever writes about those things, but they are really getting bad.
They'll give them the temporary fix by filling them with dirt....then they go home and see the weather report calls for rain the same night.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
It's safe here except for the bottomless potholes. Nobody ever writes about those things, but they are really getting bad.
They'll give them the temporary fix by filling them with dirt....then they go home and see the weather report calls for rain the same night.

They call it job security...

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:

How they doing on getting the transition finished off from the toll road onto and/or off 2000 ... if they can get that truck traffic off the old road from Puerto Nuevo and/or Primo Tapia up to 2000 ... should save the "old road" a bit.. they really chew it up... bad... REALLY bad... quickly... even the toll road too... south of Rosarito

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup

How they doing on getting the transition finished off from the toll road onto and/or off 2000 ... if they can get that truck traffic off the old road from Puerto Nuevo and/or Primo Tapia up to 2000 ... should save the "old road" a bit.. they really chew it up... bad... REALLY bad... quickly... even the toll road too... south of Rosarito

They are not as of January 2..............and when they do, I'm sure it will be a Goat Rodeo............

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 04:45 PM

OK. I'll bite. Transition from the toll road on to 2000? Last few times, we've gone up through Guadalupe to Tecate, so I have no recent reference point.

My gut has always told me that they just wouldn't build, or open such a transition unless they moved the South Rosarito toll booths to a point South of the 2000 junction, or actually built an auxilliary toll booth on the transition. You're looking at a considerable loss of revenue if you allow N/B traffic to just turn off at 2000 before the Sout Rosarito toll.
surfdoc
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 09:11 PM

Why worry about the 2000 when Hwy 3 is 80% complete and dream to drive to Ensenada ??

Oh sorry..........I may be off what this post is about, sorry I was Kidnapped... had my head cutoff and was neck raped on the way to Asuncion...

Kind of fun............

What was this post about ????

[Edited on 2-28-2011 by surfdoc]
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-27-2011 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Quote:
Quote:

I was nearby clam shopping this morning and the pavement at that intersection (free road north and blvd. 2000) is really bad. I think some of the roadside shops need to go to fix it.

They are putting a nice top-coat of asphalt on the main drag (Benito Juarez) running through Rosarito though- so the public works machines are out working somewhere at least.

[Edited on 2-28-2011 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.