BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: 4 peices of chicken..HELP!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 3-25-2011 at 02:13 PM

Yea, Chicken gumbo sounds good! A little okra, a little sausage(not too much), a little onion, cellery, bell pepper, etc. Easy on the roux! Gumbo lite!!!:D
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2011 at 09:10 AM
Better late than never

Pompano...here's a REAL simple chicken that takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.....and is one of my family's favorite dish that I create. Yes...I do indeed have a knack for cooking too.

Chicken parts or whole
Olive oil
Lawry's Seasoning
Garlic powder
Italian Seasoning

Set your oven at 375F

Rub the chicken with oil (do not get excited while doing this task)

Sprinkle the Lawry's Seasoning and garlic powder lightly to medium amounts. Sprinkle a few P-nches of Italian Seasoning to each piece.

Cook at 375 for 60 minutes.

This works real good with whole turkey too.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-29-2011 at 10:10 AM

Thanks mucho for the recipe, mcfez...

I'll give it a try on our Road Trip north manana. We'll be eating it with a nice glass of chilled chablis at tomorrow night's campsite.

Bon appetite!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 4-29-2011 at 03:28 PM

Stuffing under the skin.

This is easier to demonstrate than describe, but I'll try. I only do this when I have plenty of time, feel inspired and want to really impress guests.

I take a whole chicken, lay it on its back on a cutting board, insert a long butcher or chef's knife all the way through the cavity then press down or smack the blade so as to split the back of the chicken. Then I spread it apart on the board and smack it with the palm of my hand so as to flatten it, Then, very carefully, I insert my hand between the skin and the breast, separating the skin from the meat of the breast, thighs and part of the legs, being careful to leave the skin attached around all the edges.

Then I put the stuffing in. I like Spinach and Cheese but you can use any stuffing you like. I try to get an even amount over the breast, thighs etc. Then, using the edges of both hands, I "reshape" the bird to resemble its original shape (only fatter).

Then I rub butter over the skin and maybe sprinkle with Cayenne. You can use whatever topical applications of spices or whatever you like,

Then just bake the same way you would bake any chicken.

Carving is a little tricky. Use a sharp knife. I guarantee guests will be impressed and it tastes great.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2011 at 05:11 PM

Oso that sounds great-we usually put fresh rosemary and lemons under the skin before rotissering-also great
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2011 at 12:49 PM

Baked chicken -

Cut a whole chicken in equal halves. Marinate in a deep bowl with very cheap white or rose wine with very thinly sliced onion (medium onion) for a half hour.

Next, Salt and pepper and THOROUGHLY dust herbs of your choice (rosemary is great). Drape the marinaded onions on the chicken halves. Bake on a cookie sheet 35 minutes at 375 degrees F cavity side down. Adjust bake time for size of chicken.

Quick, reliably good.

[Edited on 7-26-2011 by MitchMan]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 7-26-2011 at 01:06 PM
Dano...

That recipe sounds familiar. Many moons ago a VERY valuable little book came into my hands called: "The impoverished Student's Book of Cookery, Drinkery, and Housekeeprie."

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2896568-the-impoverished-...

Only the breakfasts did not include Campbell's mushroom soup!

Your recipe would have fit right in with the various casserole ideas like. Many Tuna...the conventional, How Many...canned hominy and ground beef, and Too Many Casserole...left over meat of any kind and lots of spices, and noodles, and...mushroom soup.:lol:

The authors shared such valuable student information as the difference between rice, un-cooked and measured, and RICE, the cooked version; potential pit falls for the basic cook.

A couple of guys, one of whom was Victor Paponeck, wrote the indispensable companion piece. Nomadic Furniture. There is a neat, easily stored, slot-together table made from a single sheet of 3/4 ply that is just a natural, and cardboard slot together easy chairs that just get more comfortable until you burn them and start over. :lol:

[Edited on 7-26-2011 by vgabndo]

[Edited on 7-26-2011 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.