BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: English Speaking Dentists
marit

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 09:01 AM
English Speaking Dentists

We are looking for a crown and bridge dentist who speaks English. We will probably need to stay somewhere for about 10 days to have the work done. We are retired DoDDS teachers living in Bishop, CA. We would like to have our own car with us. Any help will be appreciated, as we have never been to Mexico.
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 09:37 AM
Dentists?

There are several in San Felipe. Have good reputations and resonable fees also.
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 09:55 AM

The only ones I am familliar with is Algodones which is just across the Border between California and Arizona. It is a snowbird town and has dozens of Dentists most of whom speak excellent english. Stay in Yuma , AZ or Winterhaven, CA and park right at the border and walk 1 block across to all . It will be crowded starting in September. Parking at the Indian Parking lot is $3.00 a day. Much easier than driving across. I am sure Tecate,Tijuana and Mexicai have english peaking Dentists also. Also Ensenada has some good ones if you want a good vacation spot.
DOD Retirees should be eligible for lodging at MCAS or YPG both very nice for $40 a day!

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 11:23 AM
Rosarito Beach

has a good one, Dr. Daniel Paredes
marit

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 05:23 PM

What are MCAS and YPG? Where are they? Thanks to all for your input!
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 05:44 PM

marit, They are Marine Corp Air Station and U.S. Army Proving ground, both have motel like quarters available to DOD personnel of all types and are very nice. MCAS is on Ave 3 E off I-8 in Yuma and YPG is 16 miles N off Hiway 95. Resverations are required at both. MCAS phone # (928)-269-2262 Dos Rios Inn. YPG main # (928)-328-6533/6189 Allthough YPG is father from Algadones there is a paved hiway directly to Winterhaven/Andrade , Ca which bypasses Yuma. YPG is on the state line. Hope this helps.

fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 07:02 PM
nice dentist

If you feel like driving to La Paz I can recommend the dentist I use. Four years ago she fixed me with two porcelin crowns and they are still tightly attached in my mouth. She also does regular cleanings and general dentistry. Nice clean modern office in La Paz. Her name is---Monica Donis H. 122-12-26, Marcelo Rubio 134 Col. Centro C.P. 23000 La Paz B.C.S. Fishin rich
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2004 at 10:40 PM

fishinrich, Was this after the El Toro Negro??:lol:

fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 02:44 PM
????????

Mcgyver----I don't get the joke??? please explain--fishin rich
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 06:00 PM

fishinrich, When you bent the bull bars on your truck! Did you need dental work??
Compish? Claridad?

fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 08:08 PM
wrong guy

Sorry but I have never bent the cow guard on the front of my truck. It would take a lot more than a cow to even put a scratch on them. I have killed a cow that I hit with cow guard, got out and pulled a few pieces of hide off the bars and then drove around it. fishin rich
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 08:24 PM
Dentists-Joke

Sorry, I thought you told me that you had hit a big black bull with it and bent it. We were stopping your fuel tank leak in BOLA Feb/Mar 03 at Daggets?

fishinrich
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2004 at 08:41 PM
fuel tank

Mcgyver---Yes I hit the bull but he was not tougher than my bull buster. The patch we made on the fuel tank lasted long enough for me to return to the states and have a metal patch welded over the hole. Since then no more holes. Now I carry a bar of ivory soap along with all my other patching compounds, it's susposed to do the trick and stop the leak. cya---fishin rich

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.