BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How? can you NOT!! go back??
duturtle

[*] posted on 8-30-2004 at 06:47 PM
How? can you NOT!! go back??

first of all, thank you! Doug, for getting my user and password untangled! so that I may relate this late story!

I t was with a slight misgiving that I gave into my wife and agreed to goto the "Baja Cactus Bash". After all we have driven to Cabo for the last 2 years,.. Huhh! ...Yeah the first year I had said to my self as I drove by the sign that said the "scienic route" yeah thats the old road that follows the coast to Ensenada!!
And after an hour of Being totaly lost!! some where in Tiajuana. I still do not Know where:rolleyes: I finaly stopped a fellow who was about to get into His car, and asked if he comprende Englase (SP) He smiled and said " A Little"... Me "Porfavor senior" I am Lost!! and I need to find the Toll road to Ensenada!. A moment of perplexity as he looks around... He finally says follow me!!:yes: He says I will take you to the on ramp " Ohh Man ":bounce:
It took about 15 minutes driving accross town on a saturday and he suddenly pulls up to the curb!! and 2 taxies try to follow us an began to honk their horns,:O Yikes!
He jumps out of his car and tells the drivers we will be gone in a minute!!:spingrin: he then says to me see the sign down on the corner that says " Scienic Route ":rolleyes: UuuuH Yeah !! turn there and you are on your way:bounce: Joan hands me 2 fives and 2 singles an say's give them to him.
He says Ohhh NO! senior! and I say ohhh yes senior..."Por favor" and as we go onto the on ramp I say to her " well ...we have taken another" Scienic route" No Puns!! she says oooh yeah!!, just one out of many, in our lives .. But I digress!
I had told David K. that I would need a really good map to find my way to " CECUT " one that would almost take me by the hand and lead me there! as i had been lost in T.J Before and did not look forward to it again.
And Low an Behold!! , "whodat" posted perfect directions to get from the Border to the parking lot! :bounce: Wow!I had it made, and I did go!, and I did not get lost either for that I was, and still are appreciative:lol: but then after the wounderful happinings that "Baja Cactus" and his father had arranged we were going to the " Palma Azule " I had 2 maps showing the way...." simple":lol:
But i made just 1 right turn and headed down the street that could ultimately take you to "Mexicale " or some where out there.
And after about 15 minutes and looking at Maps!.....uuugh..." lost again" But I had the sun and my little compass on the wind shield. that was giving me an Idea as to what I had done and how to go back.
Yes I finaly stopped at the curb, and Joan bail's out and whay lays a fellow about to get in his car!! she tells him we were looking for the big hotel that is about 1 block or 2 from the restruant. He Says "Follow ME!! With in minutes we are stopped in front of the hotel and our savior got out of his truck and points to it. He refuses the money joan offers him and departs with a smile.:lol:
Around the corner and a block down was the Fabulous " Palma Azule " and Really great food. The day was drawing to a close and it was time to start thinking about crossing the border " Gulp " :O we have allways crossed out, over in Tacate. It turns out that Antonio had over heard a conversation "Jack swords" an I had about taking un guided tours and being saved by Local People of the Baja! And he say's his Lovely wife and Mother are guiding some people back to the border, and we can go with her " Whoopeee":bounce: as it turned out they needed to find a farmacia, hmmm 7:pm Sunday, so we trecked accross town here and there, and finaly she turns into a parking lot that looks like they are having a fire sale on parking places!:o. The other people find a parking place and wave their good bys.
Now as we are driving around and around Antonios Mother jumps out of the car runs over and say's " at the next corner back out on the main street they will leave us as its the last turn out to go back to town" and that we should stay in the right lane all the way to the border! I thank her Very Mucho! and she hands to me 5 peso's ... She says thats to pay the parking attendent when we leave! I grin, es no nesasario! (SP) she! De notha. and so it took 2 1/2 hours to cross the Border. BUT!! How? Can you NOT! go Back??

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.