Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: 12 month lease, rental wanted, 2+ bdrm, 2 bath
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

lol.gif posted on 5-18-2011 at 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
baja guy - SHHHhhhh, don't tell jan, she thinks she is getting great gas mileage. :):):biggrin:

He had to go and ruin it for her...didn't he!!! :lol: :biggrin:

Miguelamo :spingrin: :yes: :biggrin:
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 11:29 PM

Mudhen / Beverly...

Here's a couple of San Felipe sites...

http://sanfelipe.com.mx/

http://www.sanfelipenews.com/

http://katskorner.com.mx/

http://katskorner.com.mx/san_felipe/get-local/

I love the SF area, especially the area south of town known as the
'South Campos' about another 20 miles out of town. Homes right on the beach and usually much quieter except for holiday weeks/weekends. Water is quite warm much of the year...70's up to about 90 degrees. Lots of clean air, AMAZING sunrises, GREAT sunsets, low light pollution = FANTASTIC stargazing...zillions of stars and the Milky Way.

I'm thinking very seriously about retiring down in 2-4 years. Want to ride my ATV Quad on the beach and collect seashells and have a 'Happy Hour' every afternoon.

Miguelamo ;yes: ;) :yes: :) :bounce:
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-18-2011 at 11:43 PM

Mudhen, been up and down Baja and Mainland driven all the way down to Puerto Vallarta and back through Nogales looking for what you talk about here. I have stayed inside towns and outside towns looking for that place you call AHHHHH Life,LOL. I suggest you try 4 months to begin with at a rental like I did and your leasing at least 4 months will bring the rental price down.
Negotiate your rental price, as it really is a renters choice due to some people not being able to rent their properties for 5 or more years down there. Bad deal for them but something is better than nothing. Note, that even rentals in the States for property owners have taken some bad drops. If you really like a place after you have been in it for 4 months have a floating option of adding the additional 8 months after the 4 months. Better to have tried a place for a reasonable time before committing for a long period such as a year then finding yourselves unhappy.
My wife and I just by chance took a lease option at Las Gaviotas last year, after seeing about 12 places over a two month period with real estate people down in Rosarito area out past Selena. We really enjoy our time at Las Gaviotas and are returning in June for another 5 month rental period. The place is gated, really nice interesting people living there from all over, weekenders that come in to add to the flavor making your time go sooo fast. Great pool, hot jacuzzi, great beach all with stone walkways kept in good condition. They have a lot of different rentals from 1 bedrooms all the way to 5 bedrooms just depends what you are looking for. Put it on your list, as it is away from towns, however close enough for quick runs to markets up or down the road, along with several great places close by to eat, drink and be merry,LOL. A cab ride to town costs about $9 dollars if you want to go party without having the issue of driving. The security at the gated entrance will get the cab for you if you ask them. Check it out and if you find something there my wife and I will be glad to treat you to a few cold ones talking about BAJA and Mexico.

The warnings about two women being outside of any security is probably a very good one and I really doubt that anyone here would encourage that as being SAFE for you. Now, once you get to know the area and have stayed a while in a secure neighborhood or gated community, then you might venture outward to local neighborhoods. Get to know the people and neighborhoods before jumping into something for a year in the middle of nowhere. MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN & ENJOY ALL THE SIGHTS & PEOPLE DOWN BAJA!

Additionally, go to www.fightback247.com and purchase a cell phone stun gun with 4.5 or 5 million volts, which you can carry with you without anyone knowing what it is. It is legal in California and a number of other States, as well as being legal in Mexico. In Mexico they want you buy them from international marketers that ship them into Mexico and they tell you that you cannot take them back across into the United States (crossing into California,Arizona or Texas where they are legal presents no problem). Just a quick one second touch gets them away from you and a two second puts them on the ground for your escape. Nobody gets hurt even the crook or unfriendly attacker but they do get stopped!! Check it out and hope your search for a FUN PLACE happens for you. Take Care & Travel Safe---- No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN!" bajafun777

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 12:38 AM

Mudhen, you can also use Baja123 Real Estate Agency to help make the find a lot quicker for a place to stay that is safe. Take Care & Travel Safe "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Mudhen

[*] posted on 5-25-2011 at 10:42 AM

What else can I say but a hearty thank you!

I will be driving in and around Baja on Sunday and Monday looking at a few places. I am very grateful for all the time taken here for me, and hope to be able to add my own two cents when I have some concrete knowledge to offer!

Warm regards,
Beverly
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2011 at 10:55 AM

Good luck on your quest. Remember....it's a buyers and renters market.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 5-25-2011 at 10:56 AM

TRY THIS....... :yes:

http://www.baja123.com/

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.