Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Boniare underwater
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:29 AM
Boniare underwater

Non Baja but cool. My wife and I got to make a snorkeling trip to Bonaire, and I tried out my sons's point and shoot underwater camera. These are not even in the same league as Ken Bondy's stuff, but not too bad for a first attempt and snorkeling. Now if I can just get the link to work...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=116453304778727...
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:37 AM

Great stuff wsdunc!! Bonaire is so delightful, haven't been there in years but I have many wonderful memories from there. Be very careful, when you get photos this good so early in your underwater career it is easy to get hooked on underwater photography and it can ruin your life. Seriously, very nice job, I really enjoyed the photos. Where did you stay?

carpe diem!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:39 AM

Very nice. Don't sell yourself short. These are fine images.

I'll post my favorite one to get nomads to take a peek:

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:42 AM

Right on Igor!! I liked the tubeworm cluster also. Those guys are very spooky and I am impressed that he did this on snorkel!! I think you are hooked wsdunc :)

carpe diem!
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 09:49 AM

I agree, don't cut yourself short, those are great pictures. I've never learned how to dive, only snorkel, these pics sure make me want to get off my butt and go learn! Thanks for sharing.

tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 10:21 AM
Bonaire

I would like to know the brand and model # of a "point-and-shoot" that produces stuff this good. Thanks for the post.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tehag
I would like to know the brand and model # of a "point-and-shoot" that produces stuff this good. Thanks for the post.

the exif data is in the photos, click on details.

fyi, most of the P&S cameras are pretty similar these days.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 11:26 AM

spectacular photos dunc( fro your descrption I expected some blurry stuff)...I'd say these are right up there with hermano Ken's!!! the purple tubes are my favorite. Since i just started diving, now you have me jazzed to take some photos too.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 11:47 AM
photos

Thanx for all the kind comments folks. I stayed at the Eden Beach hotel, a little worn, but nice enough, nice snorkeling right off the beach. Although in truth there was pretty great snorkeling all over Bonaire. The camera was my son's Panasonic Lumix. Naturally saw lots of cool stuff when I didn't have the camera, followed an octopus that was mobile in the daytime for about 15 minutes, saw a bunch of different eels, including some I would have sworn were sea snakes but I guess were actually round tailed eels. One of the coolest things I saw was a school of bait fish that was coralled against the cliff by some jacks and snappers. It was a large school, the water was very clear, and the sun was very bright. The school was very dense, and they were swirling as any cornered school would do, opening to avoid the game fish and then reclosing etc. They were so bright, and fast that it was hard to look at, almost psychadelic. One of the cool things was that when they made a sharp (emergency) move you could hear it, it sounded kind of like a wind chime made up of many silver dimes. I have no idea what actually makes the sound. A video of them would have been very cool. I did shot a bunch of video with the same camera, when I learn how to edit them I'll put something online and let the Nomads know.
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 04:18 PM

Pretty good pics. I am a diver and I find that most of the good stuff is just below low tide and within range with a snorkel.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2011 at 06:05 PM

I like the sea turtle shot.

Thanks for sharing.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 05:23 AM

makes me jonesing for a return flight to cozumel and drift diving columbia on the palancar reef.

or grand cayman....either one.

thinking bahamas this fall after some business in Savannah Georgia.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 07:06 AM

I was thinking of getting an underwater Point and shoot, Sealife), you just convinced me. Beautiful pics! my favorite.
A sample from your album

[Edited on 6-1-2011 by willyAirstream]

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 08:38 AM

In this photo you can see that they were snorkeling in very shallow water...

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 09:47 AM
great photos!!

ooo... dang i miss the Caribbean waters!!

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 09:48 AM

Great pics...they brought back some really good memories.

Bonaire is a shore diver's/photographer's paradise. We spent a week on the island back in 1997, did 15 dives and only one was a boat dive. We rented a small truck which allowed us to throw our dive gear/tanks in the back then drove around the island with our "dive map". Dives sites were marked with a simple "yellow painted rock with black letters". We would jump out of the truck, look at the water/entrance, plan the dive, float the gear out, don the gear then dive for 60 minutes on each tank. Due to the shallow depths around the island it allows for increased bottom time. All of our dives were under 30 feet except the boat dive and it was 50 feet where I saw my first pregnant male seahorse...really cool.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 09:57 AM

those are fantastic pictures .....

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaLori

[*] posted on 6-1-2011 at 10:13 PM

Not only are these pictures great. Great variety of all the creatures. I love the fact we have so many divers on this site. If the diving in front of my house in San Felipe looked like this I would be there full time!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.