Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HOTEL HACIENDA - PUNTA CHIVATO
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 12:11 PM
HOTEL HACIENDA - PUNTA CHIVATO

Les just returned from an all guy trip to Punta Chivato - they stayed at the hotel Hacienda and he really liked it. $80 for a nice room with a queen size and twin bed. roomy.

These room photos are of the special suite (not sure of the cost as he did not stay in it). all rooms were clean. beautiful. the hotel is right on the water.

[Edited on 6-2-2011 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 01:28 PM

18 more days and Ill be there!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 04:32 PM

countdown is on for you Frank !!!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2011 at 04:45 PM

A little information here. The old Chivato hotel was purchased by Marciletti and it seems that the reception of people, especially fishermen, has been very negative and none I know have been very well received. The Lujan's have built a nice little restaurant called Los Chibatos, and Hotelito which is a nice little motel with a swimming pool and everything. They also took over what used to be a very well appointed house and turned it into a hotel which is called La Hacienda. It is beautiful beyond description as Les's pictures show. It is a very welcome addition at Punta Chivato and as can be attested to by this thread, it is getting use from the fishermen and people who want to visit this area.

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 06:01 PM
message to Bobby and Ken:

from the BPI:

"The third hotel is the "Hotel Hacienda Punta Chivato" and is on the waterfront a few hundred yards NE of the Posada. Also shiny new and high-end, and I believe is under the same ownership as the "Hotelito". However, we didn't get the full story because we were quickly invited to leave ASAP. Seems we made a boo-boo by barging in, starting to take pictures like we owned the place, only to find we had invaded the privacy of a private party who had rented the entire place. I gather that this is the normal mode, meaning it isn't really a "hotel" but is operating more as a luxury private villa with staff."

before you run guys off like that you might 1st ask them what they are doing - point being they were only looking around to see what was up and didn't know otherwise.
The full report is on BPI and you should solicit business from the extensive pilot community there. Most of us are adventurous and are used to exploring baja. you have to nose around often to get the skinny - it would have been better for someone to politely say the place was booked, give them a card and ask they contact again for info.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
PCbaja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2011 at 06:41 PM

A liitle heads up or a knock on the door would've helped!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 05:17 AM
not applicable

Quote:
Originally posted by PCbaja
A liitle heads up or a knock on the door would've helped!

if you're familiar with the site, you'd know.

it is a compound courtyard affair. Was once a large home with many sep suite and bedroom areas.
they walked into the main front area past the gate which looks inviting.
they didn't go into a room unannounced. His use of the term "barge in" was euphemistic.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 11:41 AM

I've stayed there 2 weeks in the last few months and have nothing but good things to say about the place and the staff...............

Derek
PCbaja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2011 at 06:26 PM

yes applicable

Been there many many times and know the original family that owned it and built it.

There is a large sign on the road that reads please check in here for the hotel. Obv iously you or these people are unfamiliar with the area. Maybe next time an email or phone call might help. There is a website for the hotel www.hotelhaciendapuntachivato.com.

I to have nothing but good things to say about the place and staff also!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 05:53 AM

they were drop ins, flew in to look around. and therefore were on foot from the plane parking.
maybe they didn't see a sign.
i'm just saying that politeness rules if you want to do business.
rudely chasing them off when all they were doing was trying to get the skinny on the place was not the thing to do.

most baja proprieters are basically friendly and helpful which is why i started going in 1980.

R2LUJAN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 12:37 PM
HELLO CAP. MIKE

This rant seems very unproductive and is missing the point. Part of the Baja experience we promote at the Hacienda is seclusion, security, and privacy. The people who should be most offended are our PAYING guests who requested that they not be disturbed and by renting all the rooms they have the right to not be disturbed.

I am confident that if your friends had rented the whole Hacienda and had a similar request, we would honor their wishes also. Please have them contact me directly and I would be more than happy to apologize for the inconvieniance and explain to them the circumstances and offer them a suitable discount that should smooth over any hurt feelings. We will strive to be more clear in the future with a sign when the Hacienda is closed to the public. Feel free to have anyone visit our websites which have pictures and all the information they could possibly request.

Bobby Lujan

www.hotelhaciendapuntachivato.com

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
they were drop ins, flew in to look around. and therefore were on foot from the plane parking.
maybe they didn't see a sign.
i'm just saying that politeness rules if you want to do business.
rudely chasing them off when all they were doing was trying to get the skinny on the place was not the thing to do.

most baja proprieters are basically friendly and helpful which is why i started going in 1980.
R2LUJAN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 12:47 PM

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORTIVE COMMENTS AND BUSINESS. WE ARE TRYING VERY HARD IN THESE DIFFICULT ECONOMIC TIMES.

HACIENDA HOTEL
EL HOTELITO
RESTAURANT BAR CHIBATOS
OPERADORA TURISTICA
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 12:50 PM

no worries Bobby, i'll pass on your comments am sure they would like to sta there.
i know i'll come see you this fall.
can't wait!!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2011 at 12:57 PM

recent pirep from BBP/BPI

"Not having been into Chivato for quite a number of years, we flew in for a couple of hours on June 10th for a look-around. Chivato used to be our favorite destination when Bill & Billie ran the hotel, I even kept a junker car there for some years, but MANY changes since our last stop.
The old E-W runway is now history, although being used as taxiway/parking by some of the residents whose lots face it. The N-S runway is in excellent condition with only a few soft spots. No formal visitor tie-down area noted (residents have installed their own) but there is plenty of room.
The original Punta Chivato Hotel, now the Posada de las Flores, is one of three owned by the same outfit with the other two being in Loreto & La Paz. It has been so extensively & lavishly rebuilt that only the general layout is familiar. Three classes of rooms are available ranging from $220 to around $460 per night. The decor is fantastic and everything is brand new top quality, with big wall-mount flat screen TVs in the large suites, etc. However, no guests and although a few of each class room were available if you care to stay, there is no food with the restaurant closed until mid-October. We felt like we had walked into one of those sci-fi movies where the world was there but all the people had vanished.
In addition to the Posada de las Flores there are now two other hotels.
North of the old E-W strip alongside the entrance road is the "el Hotelito Punta Chivato", a compact but very nice place with 10 rooms, a swimming pool and dining room/bar. All is brand-spanking new, spotlessly clean and rooms are advertised at $49/nite, but again no guests. Would be a great place for a group to stay.
The third hotel is the "Hotel Hacienda Punta Chivato" and is on the waterfront a few hundred yards NE of the Posada. Also shiny new and high-end, and I believe is under the same ownership as the "Hotelito". Outside these three establishments, there are many, many new private homes arrayed along both the old "shell beach" and what was the camping area to the north-east. That part, at least, seems to be a going concern.
So the old funky Punta Chivato is no more, replaced (except for el Hotelito) by upscale establishments which may be legitimate attempts to attract a crowd of high-end clients...or may be something else....rumors abound. Could still be a fun place for a group though, either economy off the water or willing to splurge for a stay on the always-spectacular waterfront."

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.