Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This cannot stand
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 07:29 PM
This cannot stand

Doug, have you seen the accusations from Joe in the Fox news thread? He is accusing people of wishing death to the people in Somalia who have contracted Cholera. Are you really just going to let this go? I know I can't.

I hope you will take some sort of action.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Doug, have you seen the accusations from Joe in the Fox news thread? He is accusing people of wishing death to the people in Somalia who have contracted Cholera. Are you really just going to let this go? I know I can't.

Where is the Fox News thread?
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 07:34 PM

Hard to believe their are extreme and inflamatory views on an OFF TOPIC Fox News thread. Just say no "NO to OT" :)

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 07:38 PM

Seriously, if anyone goes to OT, then they have to be aware it is there just for that extreme stupid type of exchanges... or a cat box (as Doug calls it)... to let off some steam, instead of venting on the Baja forums.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 07:38 PM

OK.....I found it in OT.

So sorry, Roberto. Your plea is like, "No turds in the toilet."

You gotta be kiddin'.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 07:46 PM

Nope, I disagree with all of you. Even in OT there should be some boundaries. Another recent example was calling someone else a hoar. I'd that mom too? Being accused of wishing death on others is past any conceivable line. Even if Doug does not take action, I am going to take a serious look into what to do.
Brian L
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 08:05 PM

Yep, I agree, let it be. Free speech. Unless it's a direct threat to a specific individual, you shouldn't mess with it.

Besides, if you did, the hacker group Anonymous would be on this website and shut it down.

Brian
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Nope, I disagree with all of you. Even in OT there should be some boundaries. Another recent example was calling someone else a hoar. I'd that mom too? Being accused of wishing death on others is past any conceivable line. Even if Doug does not take action, I am going to take a serious look into what to do.

You've been a Nomad for almost a decade. We've all noted the decline in civility- we just don't want to be big bad censors.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
drarroyo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 09:52 PM

Quote:

Grow up, and stop taking yourself so seriously.
If the authorities are going to allow MrBill, Oddjob (Baja1943) et al's sick continual references to alternative lifestyles & pedophilia in Off-Topic, what the hell makes you think anything else isn't open!!?
sheeez

[Edited on 8-16-2011 by drarroyo]
Oddjob
Banned

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drarroyo
Quote:

Grow up, and stop taking yourself so seriously.
If the authorities are going to allow MrBill, Oddjob (Baja1943) et al's sick continual references to alternative lifestyles & pedophilia, what the hell makes you think anything else isn't open!!?
sheeez

Speaking of alternative lifestyles........it would be difficult to match yours drf.
drarroyo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by drarroyo
If the authorities are going to allow MrBill, Oddjob (Baja1943) et al's sick continual references to alternative lifestyles & pedophilia, what the hell makes you think anything else isn't open!!?
sheeez

Apparently, it's all open and the rules published here mean next to nothing; it would be more honest and consistent to eliminate them entirely.

I personally believe the uncivil environment on this site has driven away a number of the more positive contributors. It's turned into a sewer with occasional good stuff floating in the muck... but digging through it is.... :(

Just to clarify ... I was referring to OFF-Topic only!
drarroyo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2011 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oddjob
Speaking of alternative lifestyles........it would be difficult to match yours drf.

aaawwww, don't hate bro! teeheehee :lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.