Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Evergreen pannels at $.78/watt
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 03:47 PM
Evergreen pannels at $.78/watt

Check out Sun Electric here.. I think the minimum is 20 panels put if a few go together it would be a screaming deal.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 04:16 PM

have you actually looked at the panels

some are really cheaply made and will not hold up the the brutal sun

check them out personally first

see if the metal is strong enough to with stand the wind and elements of baja

i've seen some really bad panels just fall apart

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 04:36 PM

I bought and installed 24 Sun Electric 210w panels for my off grid home in Loreto about two years ago and they are good quality, made in USA panels. I have no complaints at all. These are UL rated, costal certified panels. I picked them up in the AZ wherehouse. I notice that these are high voltage (Vmp=26.3). They are probably aimed at the grid-tie market but will work fine in series with a good MPPT charge controller. The price is fantastic, I'm thinking about adding another Kw of power to my system to handle my watermaker (to be installed next year). Maybe someone is interested in going in with me to meet the 20 min. (I only need 6)
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 10:10 AM
solar panels

I believe the Evergreen Solar BK auction is today and the Solyndra(sp)? BK auction is tomorrow.

Not sure if the warranties would ever work out if needed.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.