Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta San Francisquito
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 08:51 AM
Punta San Francisquito

sort of a sad report on conditions there. Not mine, another one.

"My son and I were there this weekend. I honestly feel bad for PSF. I was there last year when they were making a concerted effort to get the place cleaned up and looking nice (fresh paint, new roofs, new windows on the main building, remodeled bathhouse). It was to no avail. Juan has had almost no visitors this season. After several years of making some of the best fish tacos around, Rosa, the cook and Mingo her husband are gone. The new gal cooked us meals. They were good but it was not the same as Rosa. There was only a couple beers in the refrigerator. The playa (dirt) runway was still in very good shape. While it was cool and drizzling, the beach was still beautiful. Three dolphins spend the better part of an hour a few steps in front of us playing right at the surf line. An amazing sight! Juan still has a wifi hot spot at the restaurant with internet access. His email address is sanfrancisquito@hotmail.com. He supposedly has two cell numbers; 011-525-5515-14886 and 011-526-1515-98264. I have never called so I don't know if they work. Maybe it was the grey skies this weekend that left me feeling a bit down about the place. PSF will always be a bit rough around the edges but it is endearingly beautiful. I just hope flyers will stop in enough to ensure they keep it open."

Still my fav place in baja. Hope it continues some how.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 10:31 AM

wow, that IS distressing news, Capt..

It is also one of my favorites, and I go in by road, either from BOLA or El Arco. It is so beautiful there, and can be used as the hub for some really rewarding back-road exploring in all 3 directions, N,S & W. You get a real feel for "old time Baja" at that place, which to me was always the main charm & attraction of Baja CA in the first place.

I do hope that business picks up for them, and NOMAD's etc. will give it a try.

Barry
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 10:45 AM

I too have many good memories of stopping in there, first by boat in the '60's and airplane in the '70's. Hope they can hang in there for future travelers, it is a unique place.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 12:22 PM

Because Mexico (and the U.S.) have made private plane flying more difficult and expensive... and the reduced number of land traveling vacationers due to the economy and fear of Mexico... I feel very bad for Punta San Francisquito, indeed!

If they could attract Euro-tourists or more land and sea based arrivals... anything to keep the tiny resort open... They have been there over 30 years now.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
sort of a sad report on conditions there. Not mine, another one.

...."PSF will always be a bit rough around the edges but it is endearingly beautiful.

Still my fav place in baja. Hope it continues some how.

Rough around the edges is what we like:saint::saint:

As long as they have food, some gas, and roof.....I love it...

[Edited on 11-14-2011 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 02:59 PM

My friends and i stayed there many times on our M/C trips. Especially when Haiver &
cheri ran it. They assured us we would always be able to get gas food & lodging --that hasn't been the case since they left, so nobody wants to take the 25 mile ride(1 way) to see if they are open & have gas
I like the place; but changing a 160 mile ride to over 200 on a hope they will be open is a big risk.M/C tanks are small –even the big ones
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 05:17 PM

Need a Tacoma chase/ fuel truck?:light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

David....how much do you charge?

Don't believe everything you think....
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-14-2011 at 07:17 PM

Take a guess!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2011 at 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

David....how much do you charge?

Fee is negotiable!:light::cool:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2011 at 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Take a guess!

Go Team DK Go!:cool:

C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 11-15-2011 at 03:12 AM
PSFO

. . .Was there mid October; NEW beds & sheets!! GREAT food by young lady - Floor!!!! Lots of cold beer. 1 other plane for a few days also flew in. Hot showers, good food, pretty cook, friendly Mexicans, STUNNING views, PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-15-2011 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by C205Driver
. . .Was there mid October; NEW beds & sheets!! GREAT food by young lady - Floor!!!! Lots of cold beer. 1 other plane for a few days also flew in. Hot showers, good food, pretty cook, friendly Mexicans, STUNNING views, PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is GREAT to hear. Thanks for this news.

barry

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.