BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pet Friendly Between Rosarito & Santo Tomas
maryellen1952

[*] posted on 11-23-2011 at 11:38 AM
Pet Friendly Between Rosarito & Santo Tomas

Anyone have motel recommendations for pet friendly places between these two areas?
I've already stayed at The Mona Lisa Resort in Estero Beach. It's a great place and very pet friendly but would like to see other places.
Thanks!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-23-2011 at 02:37 PM

Santo Tomas? That is an interesting destination (or driving range point).

Have you asked if the El Palomar Motel (Santo Tomas) will let you in with a dog? There isn't any other motel in that town, that I know of.

The mission of Santo Tomas was the last mission to be in operation on the peninsula. Abandoned finally in 1849. You can walk to the last site from the motel. Just north of the campground (east side of Mex. 1) by the tall palm trees you can see from Hwy. 1 as you enter town.

Photos: http://vivabaja.com/1105/page2.html

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2011 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Have you asked if the El Palomar Motel (Santo Tomas) will let you in with a dog? There isn't any other motel in that town, that I know of.

Last time we asked about a year ago, they said no to pets and they had no business at the time.

[Edited on 11-23-2011 by DianaT]

maryellen1952

[*] posted on 11-24-2011 at 05:42 PM

I've found even here in Rosarito there are few places that accept pets and yet those complain of no business so go figure. Has anyone been to the Valle de Guadalupe? There is a Hotel Plaza Fatima that accepts pets and I plan to visit there in January after the holiday rush (and weather is cooler).
Does anyone have pet friendly recommendations in Mexicali or San Felipe as those are on my destination list for early 2012.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.