Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: THE ANSWER
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 12:46 PM
THE ANSWER

create an over 18 forum with unlimited posting.
have a 2 post per day limit on the regular board.

The two basic posters types are not compatible!

-people seeking information about Baja.

-people who mega post all day.

The mega posters will soon abandon the rated G area for the rated R over 18 grumpy pill eating mega poster area.

The educated sober people seeking intelligent on topic well informed conversation will be happy exchanging information on Baja.

Note to mega poster: the bulk of the people spend between 30 and 60 minutes looking at the Internet each day. These people don't want to sift through useless bar room jokes and burp fart posts.

Example: people asking about low crime areas in baja do not want to read inebriated posts about Antarctica.

A mirror image of some of the most popular message boards with unlimited posting would keep the mega posters happy.
A post limit would keep friendly people happy.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=56500#pid6733...
This is the only mega poster I am aware of who provides useful information. A small number of people will earn an exemption from the post limit. A very small number.

If no changes are made the only means of communication between English speaking baja residence will continue its downward spiral and ....

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by joerover
The educated sober people .....

It's been my observation that these two attributes are mutually exclusive.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 01:00 PM
Who knew?

I thought the answer was:

Yahweh, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Krishnah, Buddha or Confucius.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 01:20 PM

Jeeeezo....doncha just love all the self-appointed experts?

Perhaps those with radical overhaul plans should open their own site and things will be just as they like them, and who better to do something like that than a noob who claims his location to be "Earth" and is perpetually "Sleepy."

Lead us to the Promised Land, sleepy noob. Our wait is over. :saint:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 02:06 PM

2 posts per day would drive Dennis and me crazy... Me, because I will see 4 people I can help so 2 will be left out... and Dennis, well, just because it's happy hour!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
2 posts per day would drive Dennis and me crazy... Me, because I will see 4 people I can help so 2 will be left out... and Dennis, well, just because it's happy hour!

No better reason comes to mind, David. Thanks for the mention.
I need to find a bar that's a Hot Zone without having to drive all the way into Ensenada.....then I'll be able to carry on all my conversations right through Nomad. :light:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

No better reason comes to mind, David. Thanks for the mention.
I need to find a bar that's a Hot Zone without having to drive all the way into Ensenada.....then I'll be able to carry on all my conversations right through Nomad. :light:

Great plan... wish I could join you!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

CP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 03:12 PM

Quote:
Example: people asking about low crime areas in baja do not want to read inebriated posts about Antarctica.

Are you sure about this? You can ask a question on a forum like this and get some personal and even possibly some factual answers along with some unsolicited though often entertaining or interesting comments. OR you can make a bigger effort and do the research to find the answer to your own question. Hopefully anyone seriously interested in knowing where low crime areas in Baja are will be doing more research than asking a Baja traveler and expat forum. But you won't be getting that personal touch that I think a lot of people are looking for when asking questions in a forum like this. I don't like the mean spirited and IMO anti Mexican comments but I know what names write that kinda junk and I skip over them (self censoring?). I have learned some neat stuff about Baja (and Antarctica) by nomads NOT directly answering my or another posters original question.

[Edited on 11-28-2011 by CP]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
with unlimited posting.
have a 2 post per day limit on the regular board.

This is the only mega poster I am aware of who provides useful information. A small number of people will earn an exemption from the post limit. A very small number.

I'm guessing that you must have missed his political rants fueled by Rush and Fox News??

Limiting the number of posts on a forum such as this is insane,

Doug does an admirable job of policing obnoxious and offensive stuff.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2011 at 06:19 PM

Two posts a day imposed...sounds great. When do we start wearing uniforms commodore?

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.