BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege's Las Casitas Motel/Cafe makes Special Offer to Nomads…$25 NITE...Less if 2 Days or More
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 06:25 AM
Mulege's Las Casitas Motel/Cafe makes Special Offer to Nomads…$25 NITE...Less if 2 Days or More

SPECIAL DISCOUNT OFFER TO NOMADS ONLY…$25 NITE...EVEN LESS IF 2 DAYS OR MORE

Well, it's a bad economy and here's a way to save some money. Sound good to you? Give Javier's place in Mulege a try...you won't regret it. Great ambiance, interesting history, finest food, c-cktails, music, and conversation..all within a very short walk from your room. What could be better?

CONTACT INFORMATION

LAS CASITAS MOTEL AND RESTAURANT
LAS CASITAS
Madero No. 50
Tel: (115) 30019
Fax: (115) 30190
www.bajaquest.com/mulege/casitas.htm

Location Col. Centro

Phone 615/152-3023 Fax 615/153-0190

ABOUT THE PLACE:

Room Information 8 units Prices $30 double; $35 triple year-round

Credit Cards MC, Visa

In Room Amenities A/C, TV, Wi-Fi

Parking Limited street parking

This long-standing favorite welcomes many repeat visitors.

Popular with the local literati -- A historic Hotel in Mulege. The Poet and Composer Alan Goroseve was born in this building in 1917. Javier himself is an accomplished guitarist, pianist, and gifted with great intellect ...Introduce yourself and relax, you will have a memorable conversation.

Rooms are in a courtyard just behind (and adjacent to) the Las Casitas restaurant, one of Mulegé's most popular and pleasant cafes.

The basic room accommodations have high ceilings, tile bathrooms, and rustic decor.

Plants fill a small central patio for guests' use, but the more socially inclined gravitate to the restaurant and bar, which is open daily from 7am to 10pm.

The place is especially lively on weekends -- on Friday evenings there's often a Mexican fiesta.

The inn and restaurant are on the main east-west street in Mulegé, 1 block from the central plaza. An ideal motel/cafe to headquarter ....and walk Mulege. Get the 'feel' of this quaint village of friendly folks.

http://www.baja-web.com/mulege/casitas.htm

http://www.tripadvisor.com.mx/Hotel_Review-g153974-d156753-R...

Best Margaritas and tropical drinks in town!

Further location info: At the second town square ...across from the Fire Department..and next to Casa Yee store.

I've been eating in that wonderfully scenic & serene atrium café section since the earth cooled...or longer. I can swear to you from my heart and stomach, Javier is one great, masterful chef. His kitchen is the cleanest one in Mulege..spotless.

Many years ago, Dusty and I used to fly him burlap bags full of black and yellow abalones from Asuncion and Abrejos.

Ahh..Those dinners he made us and our gals! We really do owe Javier a lot for those times. :rolleyes:

His specials are truly amazing!! Behold!

About the rooms: I have always been able to get home…in my truck or laid to rest in Nacho Taxi 11…, so I’ve never personally stayed in the motel part.

However, the many dozens of folks I have recommended Las Casitas to over the last couple decades, have always let me know later that their rooms were excellent.

Knowing Javier, I would not expect them to be anything less then Top Shelf....and...YOU CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE!

The outdoor courtyard/restuarant is very, very comfortable and well decorated with lots of bourganvilla everywhere plus a couple of resident exotic birds. The on-site restuarant is one of the best in Mulege. Certainly the best anywhere near the square.

Las Casitas has a few rooms (around 10) facing a really lovely patio which is literally filled with plants, and flowers, a fountain, parakeets. The rooms have white walls, decorated with local crafts...

Heck, at only $25 or less, I should reserve one....just in case Nacho Taxi 11 is off duty. :rolleyes:

p.s. I'll get downtown Mulege manana and take a few pics of Las Casitas interior. You're gonna like 'em.

...done deal. And here they are:

Las Casitas also offers a quality clothing, gift, and novelty shop.

Hey, it's time for some desayuno and cup of java. Give Javier's Las Casitas a try and tell him Rogelio said, 'You owe me another Pacifico, my friend...

...y Feliz Navidad."

[Edited on 12-19-2011 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 08:26 AM

Real nice.

Secure parking?

No worries
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 09:20 AM
Cuesta Real Hotel/RV Park and Hacienda HotelMatches Rate!

Cuesta Real Hotel and RV Park AND Hacienda Hotel will match the $25/night rate for double rooms until Jan 1st ( and maybe longer). Just mention Baja Nomads for your discount.

btw, I'm a friend of Pepe, Alphonso and Sandra, the owners and not affiliated with Cuesta Real or Hacienda Hotel.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
Cuesta Real Hotel and RV Park AND Hacienda Hotel will match the $25/night rate for double rooms until Jan 1st ( and maybe longer). Just mention Baja Nomads for your discount.

btw, I'm a friend of Pepe, Alphonso and Sandra, the owners and not affiliated with Cuesta Real or Hacienda Hotel.

Hey, I hope this catches on with all the motels, hotels, palapas, and massage parlors...discounts like these are sure to spur some business.

I need a haircut...anybody offering a special?

Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 11:23 AM

I've got a 'thundermug' if someone's got scissors.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 01:09 PM

Four years ago my pal Darren and I spent a month riding Baja. In each area where we set up a base for handful of days of riding, we would make a point of a Margarita Tour, exploring and searching for "THE BEST MARG"....from Ensenada down to the south cape, there was no doubt that the best margs were concocted at the bar at Las Casitas.

While I have never stayed there, I have found their restaurant to be second to none along the way.

Three years ago we enjoyed Christmas dinner there....great buffet, live entertainment.....and margs that delivered on every level.

Our efforts to replicate them at our camp at Cuesta Real (right where Richard has his Airstream parked !) followed the recipe and technique....but were not the same as at LC....

Don't believe everything you think....
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 01:28 PM

Audrey and I have stayed there a few times over the years and loved it. Great place.. and, the mesquite flame bbq is really, really good!!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 01:38 PM
Have clippers - will travel.

I can do passable flat-tops. Which the best place place to park an RV and take advantage of these pleasurable accomodations?:dudette:

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2011 at 01:39 PM

Hola,

thank you for giving us this " JEWEL ".

is there secure parking to be had and can you give directions please.

i am towing a small utility trailer and am really handicapped in backing it up and trying to turn it around. i've seen the street going into the commercial area but was always afraid to drive into it due to my impairment.

i thank you in advance.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2011 at 09:00 AM

Windgurl and Rat- Cuesta Real is the only place to bring an RV, it is 2 km south of Mulege. The Hacienda and Las Casitas are downtown and do not have RV space. The Hacienda does have a large parking lot, in back for utility trailers etc. Also motos can be brought into the Hacienda courtyard. There is a new parking lot near the bank where you could also park a utility trailer and they may have 24/7 security. ( they just opened and are still sorting things.)

ditto on the food, service and ambiance at Las Casitas - excellent!

Haircuts on thurs afternoons at the Jungle should start soon!

ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2011 at 12:24 PM

This is a great place i have stayed there many times.---On every motorcycle trip-- They let you park your motorcycle in the court yard right next to your room. It's real great to be able to walk around town. There is a long distance phone (Phone card) right across the street.
They have free wifi and will let you use their computer.
The place is a lot like a b&b coffee & tea all day long a great room w/fire place & couch big chairs ect.
Great service good meals--
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 12-21-2011 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Real nice.

Secure parking?

NO!:no:

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2011 at 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Quote:
Originally posted by Curt63
Real nice.

Secure parking?

NO!:no:

Tony knows (as do we all) there is no such thing anywhere as..secure parking.

The closet I ever came to it was at 66 degrees 33 minutes north latitude...

...but even then an artic fox took my Dodge for a joyride...and a musk ox slept in it afterwards. Bummer.

ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2011 at 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream

Looking for the best parking w/ trailer use cuesta real
Nice rooms good resturant
fudscrud
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-19-2012 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ArvadaGeorge
This is a great place i have stayed there many times.---On every motorcycle trip-- They let you park your motorcycle in the court yard right next to your room. It's real great to be able to walk around town. There is a long distance phone (Phone card) right across the street.
They have free wifi and will let you use their computer.
The place is a lot like a b&b coffee & tea all day long a great room w/fire place & couch big chairs ect.
Great service good meals--

Is this Las Casitas or Hacienda? I am planning a month long solo (almost all dirt) quest throughout Baja and I'll be coming in from San Ignacio the "hard way". I've enjoyed dinner at Las Casitas a couple of times but this was almost 20years ago now, never stayed there.
Parking the bike in the court yard in front of the room is ideal, if not in the room.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.