BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dog friendly hotels between Tecate and Loreto?
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-29-2011 at 08:07 PM
Dog friendly hotels between Tecate and Loreto?

Planning a quick 2 or 3 week trip from SoCal to Loreto the 1st or 2nd week in January. I do not know where I will be stopping so who can give me a list of hotels that take dogs? I know about Baja Cactus but as I said, I do not know how far I will or want to travel each day.

Thanks for the list,

Howard

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2011 at 08:11 PM

Some rooms at El Jardines. Hotel Cirrios in San Quintin. Heck most hotels.......

Last time at Catavina I had to sneak my golden retriever into Desert Inn/La Pinta (2010). Just drink a beer, then quietly walk right past the front desk as if you live there. Works every time.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-29-2011 at 09:47 PM

Do I give a beer to my dog or do I drink the beer? I hate to start him on another bad habit. After a beer the next thing you know he will want some of my 2005 LA Cetto Nebiello. (sic) :biggrin:

George Bernard Shaw

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 10:10 AM

I like Posada Don Diegos, big area to exercise the dog after it has spent a day in the car. Great restaurant with good food, and the rooms are clean.
http://www.posadadondiego.com/IndexE01.html
In Vincente Gurerro, about 20 miles north of san Quintin
Larry
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 10:14 AM

Mission Santa Maria in San Quintin (old La Pinta/Desert Inn)
Mission Cataviņa in Cataviņa --- they do charge a dog fee (Old La Pinta)
Don Diego's in Vicente Guerrero
Las Ballena's in Guerrero Negro

Howard
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 06:27 PM
Thank you for the ideas

Pulled into GN just after dark. (which is against my rules, driving Baja at night) I had to drive the last 45 minutes in the dark which I did not like but that's life. I pulled into town and went to the Cowboy and asked if they take dogs. He said yes and the price was 500 pesos. A bit pricy but it is whale season and was hungry and wanted to shower and go out to dinner without having to run to the other suggested places mentioned. The very polite and english speaking person at the counter now mentioned that there was an additional charge of 100 pesos for having the dog in the room. Now were up tp 600 pesos, around $44, and as I said I was tired and probably over paid but for me it was worth it.

Room, ground floor, very clean with Internet and TV. I did not watch any TV but the internet was fast. It was pretty damn cold, in the 40s and the blanket provided was not enough so I used the blanket from the other bed and it was just OK.

The bathroom was clean but the water pressure from the shower was low so I took off the shower head and it was great.

I can only assume it is less money when it is not whale season and on the way back I will try and get a more reasonable rate and if not I will go to one of the other suggested place.

[Edited on 1-14-2012 by Howard]

George Bernard Shaw

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-13-2012 at 06:38 PM

THANKS for the ride for Sandra.:cool:

[Edited on 1-14-2012 by woody with a view]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.