BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: pila fittings (plumbing)
volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 02:58 PM

just located the receipt for it....2500 L rotoplas. I think the connection may already have been reduced from 1.5..as from my memory it really seems more like 1" or 3/4.and I will go prepared
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 03:11 PM

When I bought my 2500 liter tank it came with a filter, valve, vent and a fill/shutoff device. The valve that it came with was already reduced to 3/4" and 1/2" depending on which fitting you used. It had both. Not sure what came with yours, but the tank itself is threaded 1 1/2" and then the valve and filter screw into that. My tank is a black Rotoplas, a little over 5' tall, with a tapered top and a lid about 14 or 15" in diameter. Just to let you know what type of tank I am talking about. Pretty common tank, white on the inside.
Larry
PS At first I thought you were asking about a cement pila, which could have almost any fitting the builder happened to have laying around.

[Edited on 1-1-2012 by larryC]
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
PS: At first I thought you were asking about a cement pila, which could have almost any fitting the builder happened to have laying around.

Locally, in southern Baja, "pilas" are large, concrete, water tanks that can typically hold the entire contents of one to two water trucks. The black plastic Rotoplas tanks are locally called "tinacas" (sp). And, the bigger blue plastic tanks are called "cisternas".

FWIW :)
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RnR
Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
PS: At first I thought you were asking about a cement pila, which could have almost any fitting the builder happened to have laying around.

Locally, in southern Baja, "pilas" are large, concrete, water tanks that can typically hold the entire contents of one to two water trucks. The black plastic Rotoplas tanks are locally called "tinacas" (sp). And, the bigger blue plastic tanks are called "cisternas".

RnR
Thanks for the clarification, I always figured "pila" was any water tank that supplied water to the house. My spanish is rudimentary at best. I can ask questions but the answers usually go misunderstood.;D

FWIW :)
volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 08:55 PM

thanks LarryC...my tank sounds the same as yours....thanks for the guidance. I get to see it all once a year, briefly, at this point...and try to plan as best I can for the work session. all is helpful. H
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-2-2012 at 05:56 AM

take a camera and take pictures of everything

even the underground stuff...like septic lines

you'll be happy you did later

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.