Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fish taco
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 09:11 PM
Fish taco

Gypsy Jan

Thanks for the tip re: Mariscos La Alegria!

:cool:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Gypsy Jan

Thanks for the tip re: Mariscos La Alegria!

:cool:

Incomplete!!!! Tell us where! I'm already planning lunch at Yaqui's on Wednesday... I can hardly wait!

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 09:40 PM

Yaqui rocks! :biggrin: Nowhere have I tasted better carne asada tacos. A bargain at any price. The first time I ever had a 'perrone' from Se?or Yaqui a decade ago I tried to order a second only to learn that the one he just served me was the last of the day. :o We have been back many times since and never have I had only one. :lol:

Mariscos La Alegria is located just south of the Cantamar Pemex. East side of the 'libre' just before the overhead pedestrian walkway. The beer was cold and the tacos were 'made to order fresh'!:coolup:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
Incomplete!!!! Tell us where!

Reference:
http://forums.bajanomad.com//viewthread.php?tid=4865#pid3722...

:biggrin:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 08:06 AM

A bargain at any price.

What is the price and where ?
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 09:22 AM

A little blurry, but you get the picture... this from Tacos Yaqui.... yeah!
Bob H:yes:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 09:56 AM

Yaqui Tacos

Heading south on toll road take last Rosarito exit turn right at second street go two blocks it's on right side.

Heading south thru town turn left at first street PAST (not at)Rosarito Beach Hotel go up one block turn left go two blocks.

Heading north into Rosarito on libre take first right after bridge and taxi stand go up one block turn left go two blocks.

To park just pull in anywhere and move when the car you blocked has to leave.

When you order just get one at a time then when you are ready for the next one just stand in front of the grill with plate in hand and hungry look on your face and the 'chef' will set you up, no need to wait in the long line again and your second ,third ,fourth perrone will not get too soggy. :biggrin:

perrone is a Yaqui Taco con todo.

Oversized flour tortilla with melted monterrey jack cheese, carne asada marinated in secret juices,frijoles de olla, guac,pico de gallo,salsa fresca and don't forget to grab some grilled jalapenos and let the cashier/assistant chop them up and cover with fresh squeezed lime juice and salt.

YUMMY! :tumble:

$2.00 each

[Edited on 9-27-2004 by elgatoloco]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 10:06 AM
$2.00 each for tacos ???????????

No wonder we go to Tacos Manuel, Jr's Tacos and the stand in front of our house.
True, tacos Yaqui is very good but obviously all the publicity has gone to their heads, and bank account. :lol:
For identical tacos to Yaquis, just order a quesadilla con todo from any of the stands.
$2.00 is twice as much as any of the other good places and almost 3 times as much as many of them.
Cyndarouh
Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 9-27-2004 at 11:27 AM
Jr's Taco's

We have had tacos all over Baja and I have to agree with JR the taco stand in front of La Barca is Outstanding to say the least!! Wish I could drive down right now Yum!

[Edited on 9-27-2004 by Cyndarouh]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
No wonder we go to Tacos Manuel, Jr's Tacos and the stand in front of our house.

For identical tacos to Yaquis, just order a quesadilla con todo from any of the stands.

I can not recall,at this time,a taco I did not enjoy.:biggrin:

Please advise method to discover the above noted establishmensts.

No one serves the exact same taco as Yaqui. The reason is the marinade. After the meat is cooked on the grill it is placed in a pot that has a special marinade that Yaqui has developed over the years. That is why it is the juciest,tastiest carne asada taco I have yet tasted. :saint:

Jr, do you have a financial relationship with Jr's Taco??

Fess up!!!! :lol::P:o;)
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 12:48 PM
Nope

and besides, they only serve fish and shrimp tacos as well as caldo de 7 mares. But, the best shrimp and fish tacos I have ever had including when I was in Puerto Pe?asco!
And, Yaquis tacos are also different because they are the only ones that put beans in them.
And don't get me wrong, I lived off them and Costa Azul (chitty) when I had the Titanic exhibit. (walking distance from Rosarito Beach Hotel. )
But, as far as good tacos, they are just one of many. Honest!
por ejemplo, Km 31.5 at the stop sign there is a liquor store on the right. There is a taco stand in front of it and I bet you like these as much if not more than Yaquis. Try a quesadilla. Or burrito if you are really hungry:light: finger licken good !

And Gato, think back. If you have never been served a gristly taco anywhere, you are extremely lucky. Course, when you've been at Hussongs or somewhere, even those taste good !:lol:

[Edited on 9/27/2004 by jrbaja]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 01:19 PM

Frijoles de olla!! How could I forget?

Will try Jr's soon! That's the place at 31.5K?

I likely have had a grisly taco, I just choose to ignore it but I know my subconsciuos averts me from accidentally returning to that/those/them there place(s) :biggrin:

Can't wait!!!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 02:44 PM
The last Rosarito exit?

Are you refering to the exit that is just before the second toll booth? Or is it one before that?
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 02:47 PM

The one before that. Rosarito ends at the Rosarito Beach Hotel, anything after that is Rosarito Sur. :biggrin:

Have Fun!!!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 02:59 PM
The last Rosarito exit

is just before the AM/PM Pemex station and toll booth.
Get off there. Jr's Tacos is just across the street from the AM/PM and a little to the south. Blue and white building.
Not to be confused with Tijuana Jr' who copied the name because of the originals popularity. Tijuana Jr's is about a mile further south.
The tacos de res stand is right at the stop sign at Km 31.5., about 2 miles south of the exit.

And, just to confuse things even further, in between Taco's Jr and Tijuana Jr's is a stand called El Cu?ado. They serve tacos and soup from Birria de res. Now these are some tacos !!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9/27/2004 by jrbaja]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 03:46 PM

JR, Tacos JR is on the West side of the road, across the street from the Pemex? Or, on the same side of the road (East side) just behind the Pemex? I want to try them. Awh, I'll just look for a blue and white buiding. Bob H

[Edited on 9-27-2004 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 9-27-2004 at 04:08 PM
Hahahahahahaha

"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension. The inalienable right to an early coronary sitting at your desk while plotting to stab your boss in the back."
Hawkeye from *M*A*S*H*

Now that's funny.
West side of free road.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 05:04 PM
elgatoloco...

I'm glad you enjoyed the fish tacos at Marisco la Alegria.

And I love a spirited "good food and how to find it" discussion, as you know.

What cracks me up is the Google tag advertisement at the top of the page in this space:

Get Paid to Eat Tacos?
Earn $10-90/Hr Eating a Taco, Shopping & Observing Service. Aff

Now that's a career I know that several people could get behind! :lol: :lol:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
synch
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2004 at 09:54 AM
Blurry photo - con cereveza?

Nice photo,

but was it blurry from the beer?
synch
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2004 at 10:44 AM

Thanks EagleTaco

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.