BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I got a call from M....
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 9-26-2004 at 09:11 PM
I got a call from M....

She was in the hospital, bored, depressed and no doubt drugged up, waiting for the umpteenth attempt to fix her hip.

The damn thing keeps popping out but the good news is that the last time it happened she was at her mom's and was taken to a different hospital where the doctors there went, "You've had HOW MANY operations on this in the last two months? :O:OWhat the %#$" has your doctor been doing?" :fire: So, now she getting a whole new approach.

Send good wishes for her, she can use them....

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 07:39 AM
8 DISLOCATIONS!

Can use all the prayers I can get. I'm getting a new Dr on Wednsday, he put my hip back in again on Sunday and said my dr was an obvious imbacile. He was going to do another replacement today but the hospital found out that chronic cough I have is pnumonia and I have to get that cleared up. The new Dr said he is going to put in a locking ceramic joint that cannot dislocate. He also wants to do my shoulders, even the Left one where I was told it was beyond help. I LOVE THIS GUY!
God finally came around. Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers, hopefully this will soon be behind me and Baja, here we come! Hugs, M
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 08:07 AM
Hi M ,

I'll put you in my prayers. Sounds like you've finally got a Dr you like and can trust. Thats half the battle. Good luck on Wed .Hang in there and keep us posted,k:yes:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 11:53 AM
And people are afraid

of Mexican doctors!:lol:
M, sorry to hear about your taking the wrong path. Seems like we could trust those guys No? No !
Glad to hear you have found some one that is qualified to hold their position/title and that they will be able to fix you right up. Speedy recovery feel good!
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 04:16 PM

Gee M, I hate to rain on your parade, especially since you are a good Baja girl, but I may have to cancel your WiW number if you can't hold your self together.

Then, too, I have a new Trophy Girlfriend (geriatric model):

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 04:35 PM
Neal

Did you take that picture of her at Rene's:lol:
When we first moved down here a friend was driving with us and told us that Rene's is the only bar in Rosarito that doesn't have bathrooms.
That's because everybody there wears "Depends" . :lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 9/27/2004 by jrbaja]
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 05:25 PM
Dear M

I admire your style and grit.

I want to add to the many expressions of concern my best wishes for you and my prayers.

From what you wrote, it reads like you have connected with a good doctor/auto mechanic; you'll be a healthy, happy "Bride of Frankenstein" in no time!

Kidding...:spingrin:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 05:27 PM
Here's M and BHL

For the new Nomads: M is Michelle and BHL is her Burning Hunk of Love, David

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 06:36 PM
Laments of a 'Hippy'...

There's a great Baja Gal named 'M',
Whose called by many a true 'friend'.
She's been seen by some to be 'tippy',
A situation her doc's trying to mend,
That's caused by her misaligned hippy!

All our best wishes and prayers for a speedy and pain-free solution to your 'hippy' problems! Hug's from Pat & me...

Never under estimate the healing powers of a nice, mellow, Tequila!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

shocked.gif posted on 9-27-2004 at 06:47 PM
Cat Fight!!!

M and jeans are fighting for a lower 'Wife in Waiting' number...

from Neal Johns!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-27-2004 at 08:08 PM
M

I've been wordering about that guy you have been calling a doctor for along time, Perhaps the new guy can set you back upon your path to Baja and all of your friends.
Don't worry about Neal! I had a long talk with him and he will hold your spot for you. If he doesn't he'll need a lot more than Depends!!! Just kidding. Get well.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2004 at 12:04 AM
"M"

Hey You!!

Aren't we due for another BBBB Party? I think you should start planning another. I suggest we look to the spring and Semana Santa. When school is out so all the kids and adults can make it at the same time as the ....uhhh #3? or was that #2 at Cielito Lindo? Most Epic gathering of all the BBBB's.

And if you get bored setting at home I have lots more of those "things" for you to do!!

Get Well Sweetie, Your sorely missed.

Bedman
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

eureka.gif posted on 9-28-2004 at 06:41 AM
Boojum Buddies Baja Bash (BBBB)

The first was at Cielito Lindo: http://vivabaja.com/van1

The second was at Guadalupe Canyon Hot Springs: http://vivabaja.com/bbbb2

The third was at Alfonsina's, M & BHL couldn't go.

The fourth was again at Cielito Lindo: http://vivabaja.com/bbbb4

R.D.Mercer

[*] posted on 9-28-2004 at 08:52 AM

M.

I was wondering how all of these problems occured. As I have joint problems also. Was it an accident or some other catastrophic event? Best wishes and get well soon. R.D.

P.S. I could have you all fixed up for about 3 fifty.
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2004 at 12:52 PM
Thanks everybody!

I really appreciate having something to look forward to like your notes on the board. Makes my day!
To R.D. Mercer, I have a disease called Avascular Necrosis or, AVN. It is where the blood supply to the bone dries up and the bones die turning them basically into styrafoam texture. * years ago, my L shoulder went and I now have nothing, no humeral head at all, just a stick. Dr's said not enough bone to put an attachment on. A couple years after that, my R shoulder started to go. They drilled a hole in it and fed in some veins that has slowed down the degeneration. Then, 2 neck vertebre collapsed but were rebuilt using plates and pieces of my pelvis. Works ok now. Then the L hip went, lots of pain but nothing showing on x-rays since damage works from inside out. Finally, it collapsed. A total body density test shows the R hip is just as damaged but is not symptamatic yet. Soon. Dr Baird replaced the head with a prosthetic but it dislocated 1 month to the day from the surgery. A trip to the hospital put it back in socket but a couple weeks later it happened again. They had to do a TOTAL replacement, new ball joint and cup capsule too. Stupid Dr didn't align it right and I have had 6 dislocations since for a total of 8. You can never explain or appreciate that amount of agony. I'm seeing a new ortho tomorrow who I seem to feel a bit safer with, but we'll see. If you are having joint pains R.D, don't muck around! get in there anf find out what it is.
Best of luck to you, M
R.D.Mercer

[*] posted on 9-28-2004 at 04:41 PM

The Mercers family's prayers are with you. Best of luck with your recovery, god knows you are a fighter.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 9-28-2004 at 05:10 PM

We hope you recover very quick M. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Antonio M.

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 10-2-2004 at 10:54 AM

Hey M, glad to hear things are looking up! Get some echinacea extract to help heal the pnemonia.

My offer for that trip, when you are up to it, still holds. I think I'll even let you pick the destination. I suspect we can easily get a couple other Baja Bodacious Babes to go also, adding to the fun. So hurry up and heal, give me a reason to go south!

You are in my prayers.

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2004 at 06:47 AM
Hi Geo and all other amigo's

Again, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I called my new Dr and saw him on Wed. He told me he is booked solid untill Nov 3rd! I guess now I have to staRT A DAILY PHONE CALL ROUTINE NOW!
"Hi Doc? any cancellations today?can you get me in sooner?"
"No"?
"OK, I'll check with you again tomorrow".
I will either drive him crazy enough to do it and get me out of his hair,....or, option number 2, my hip dislocates for the ninth time (as sure as sh*t it will before the month is over) and I just stay in the hospital untill it's replaced. Hell, I'd be dancing now if it hadn't been for the DAM* pneumonia!I tell you, there will never be a sweeter trip than crossing that border when my hip is done.
Blessed to all with hugs, M:yes:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.