BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anonymous internet harrassment...its a CRIME
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 04:59 AM
Anonymous internet harrassment...its a CRIME

Are you aware that it is a federal crime to harass someone on the internet and not reveal your true identity? "In 2006, President Bush signed into law a prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity." Under federal law when you annoy someone on the Internet, you must disclose your identity.

It states

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Some argue that the law prevents freedom of speech. I don't think it does and obviously the law doesn't either.

Someone should not be able to use the internet to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass, someone anonymously and according to the law they cannot.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 05:34 AM

... and repeatedly reregistering here after being banned is that same harassment.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 05:40 AM
Agreed..

I'm on call at the clinic right now, up with a sick baby in respiratory distress giving a treatment...I just read your response and I am in total agreement...
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
... and repeatedly reregistering here after being banned is that same harassment.
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

shocked.gif posted on 2-10-2012 at 06:54 AM

Without naming nom de plumes, there are at least three (remaining) people on this board who should be concerned about their stalking others on the board and for their derogatory statements toward other members and their personal lives.

Would enforcement be done by the FBI? Maybe it is time for a federal sweep?:spingrin:

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 07:17 AM

Federal crime....which country are you referring?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull

Would enforcement be done by the FBI?

Form a new law enforcement agency with a specific mandate to quell internet nastiness. This would also put an end to unemployment, world wide, as we know it. :lol:

[Edited on 2-10-2012 by DENNIS]
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
"nastiness"
"unemployment"

You are herein notified that the use of the words identified above is currently under investigation for potential Internet Harrassment charges.
You are ordered to cease and desist from any further use of these potentially objectionable words.
You are also ordered to appear before us for adjudication of this matter at promptly 4:00 PM this afternoon at Sharky's.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 08:08 AM

Silly Kids, that's why there is IP Masking!!
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 08:26 AM
EnsenadaDr

As you can see.........there a few here that thinks intimidation and terrorist tactics towards BN members is a joke.

Perhaps a dose of this towards these few........ would change their humorous viewpoint of this serious issue that is going on. I am not advocating to do this.....just making a point that probably be retorted humorously after I post.

You are correct about the law. It's being use often now...case being....a group of kids that harassed a Face Book user.....to her death. Intimidation and terrorist tactics? You bet it was. This 14 year old girl.....is dead.

Let's all laff at the intimidation and terrorist tactics towards BN members

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
You are also ordered to appear before us for adjudication of this matter at promptly 4:00 PM this afternoon at Sharky's.

We'll have to do this in the parking lot as I'm persona non grata there. Seems I'm not quite docile enough for the crowd.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Seems I'm not quite docile enough for the crowd.

The crowd must be close to death. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Case dismissed ! :biggrin:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
.........there a few here that thinks intimidation and terrorist tactics towards BN members is a joke.

And do you not see yourself as being guilty of this in the past ?
What would be your definitions of "intimidation" and "terrorism" for BN purposes ?
Just askin' ....
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 10:08 AM

Well Diver.....I have a spine.....and wont take crapola from guys like Fulano....Lobsterman...Gull....that attacked me first. Read the BN archives and it's all there...that I was among MANY that got attacked by these punks. I NEVER ATTACK FIRST.

I fight fire with fire...and maybe more.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
.........there a few here that thinks intimidation and terrorist tactics towards BN members is a joke.

And do you not see yourself as being guilty of this in the past ?
What would be your definitions of "intimidation" and "terrorism" for BN purposes ?
Just askin' ....

[Edited on 2-10-2012 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.