Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: GOLF4NINOS SUCCESS + FOTOS
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 08:41 AM

BIG SHOUT OUT to Geoff, Jennifer, Yara, Hank and Fletch at BajaBound Insurance with a GOLD LEVEL business sponsorship of Golf4Ninos.

For their generous donation, they will have a 4some of golfers, a hole sponsorship and 20 free raffle tickets at the afternoon Fiesta.

WOW, that made my day. More importantly, it will make several days of food and other items for the kids at Agua Viva Guarderia.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 09:04 AM

C'mon nomads...step up to the plate for the kids...I KNOW several of you have businesses out there...time to give back to our fellow Nomads who help others...donate something...anything to this worthy cause...por favor!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 09:28 AM

OOPS, and SHOUT OUT to SHARI for her very kind 2 night stay donation at Bahia Asuncion.

Our original event in 2008 was titled "Nomads4Ninos" and had grand participation from the Nomad community.

I acknowledge the "Donor Fatique" syndrome in Mexico. But, the Golf4Ninos financials are open to the public as my accountability to the community.

Thanks for joining us at Baja Country Club on July 15 in Ensenada. OR, thanks for any donation at Golf4Ninos.com

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 7-6-2012 at 10:23 AM

Thanks BajaDock!

Happy to be a part of it as always!

Here are some pics from the 2010 tournament...

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2012 at 04:43 PM

There is one week left to make your plans. We have almost reached our limit for golfers so make your reservation in the next couple of days. The weather forecast looks great so no excuses on the weather if you exceed your handicap. Come down and join us!

Thanks Geoff...... As always you come through. To bad your not playing. I bought four trophies for last place and if I remember correctly you brought up the rear a few years ago. I did give you a bottle of wine though.

Hope to see you all next Sunday......! :spingrin:
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2012 at 09:32 AM

Donor Fatique : the sick feeling you get when your last few spending dollars are squeezed for yet another worthy cause. They are all "worthy". But, hey, YOU'RE worthy of your hard-earned money, too, right?

D.F.Cure : save your money for the charities/events that provide YOU satisfaction and that don't waste your money on admin fees or sneak into someone's personal wallet.

Golf4Ninos, founded by NOMADS in 2008, gives directly to poor kids' food, shelter and care at Agua Viva in the western fields of Maneadero. We also throw a GRAND FIESTA for you($12usd). The FIESTA is at our Private OASIS at Baja Country Club and includes Music, Taco Feast, Auction, Thrifty Cash Bar, Los Niņos/their ART and Prize Raffle.

The Fiesta PRIZE RAFFLE this year is very special. Local Restaurants(including several with multiple gift certificates), Massage Services, Beauty Care, 2 Night Hotel Stays(includes Wine Valley, Bahia de Los Angeles and Bahia Asuncion), Pet Services, Art, Wine Event Tickets and lots more.

ONLINE REGISTRATION/DONATION. Thank you for your support.

Doc Dougherty bajadock@gmail.com

[Edited on 7-8-2012 by bajadock]

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2012 at 11:00 AM

Greetings from Taylor Made Golf in Carlsbad. San Diego Nomads who have spare change can throw it at me while I am up here today for your gift/cash donation to GOLF4NINOS.

619-370-1801 reaches me live today until approx 4PM when I head south. CHEERS, y'all.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2012 at 08:43 PM

Bump for the weekend..............

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 08:36 AM

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 11:49 AM

Will there be a way for last minute registration at the site? I may swing by (10% chance).........won't be golfing though.....is there registration if you're not golfing?

[Edited on 7-14-2012 by ateo]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-14-2012 at 01:11 PM

Yes.........show up at the Fiesta site at the Baja Country Club.

As you enter the CC, do not turn right (to the clubhouse), but continue straight and follow the road keeping the golf course to your right. About 3/4 mile from the gate you will see the outdoor picnic/Fiesta site on your left.

Fiesta tickets on sale at the site. $12usd

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 12:37 PM

Jesus Munoz, Jorge Valenzuela, Alejandro Gracida,Gustavo Rodriguez, LOS CAMPEONES de GOLF4NINOS 2012. They were "Team Baja Bound Insurance" this year. Thanks, Geoff Hill and team.

Grand success, thanks to donors, sponsors, golfers and fiesta friends. Served over 150 people yesterday at Baja Country Club in perfect weather.

SPECIAL THANKS to our GOLF4NINOS Directors....including NOMADS Lizard Lips, Baja Guy, Baja Blonde, Bajabound2005, Beachbum1A, bajadon(and wife) and DIRECTORS of PHOTOGRAPHY: wife of bajadon and wife of bigboy(thanks Christine and Larry for attending and supporting yesterday.

LIZARD LIPS ran the Golf Tournament and its details from 6AM until the $50,000 shootout chance by our champions late in the afternoon. 4 solid shots from our champions didn't get as close as they would like, but, it was a EXCITING.

Cool trophies(nice touch, Dan), plaques, balls, free Baja Country Club golf certificate, granache wine and our exclusive Golf4Ninos LOGOWEAR were given to the champs for the solid playing.

IRKA DAVIS and CONNIE MORGAN led teams of volunteers to pull off our best ever FIESTA after the tournament. Rock n Roll, taco feast, variety of beer and wine, raffle, huge auction(Shari and BajaGringo, nice donations) and more!

Hope to see more NOMADS next year. Have has several cash donations from the Nomad family this year, thanks. Golf4Ninos.com still accepts credit card/paypal donations that go to Agua Viva Shelter for needy kids and families in Maneadero.

LOADS OF PHOTOS HERE

[Edited on 7-16-2012 by bajadock]

[Edited on 7-16-2012 by bajadock]

[Edited on 7-17-2012 by bajadock]

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 04:34 PM

Do we know who were the winning bidders for the silent auction?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 04:47 PM

Yes, I know a very cool, handsome dude that won the red Cape Cod nautical jacket. If you see him, tell him thank you for that bid.

Thanks UDO and JANA for adding to the fun yesterday and for your support.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-16-2012 at 04:50 PM

If I won one of the bids, Doc, I'll pay for and pick up at the wine fest on the 28th.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.