Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Flying back in time
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 06:17 PM

Many of us tried to get Don Johnson to write a book on his times in Baja. After his friend Lou Federico wrote his excellent book “One Hell of a Ride” Don was tempted to get a book started, but unfortunately for all of us he never got it started. Lots of old story’s will never be told. I think most will agree those early days were the best in Baja and many of us will never experience what Baja was in those days.There has been some talk of making a movie based on Lou’s book and it would be nice if that happened.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 06:41 PM

Yes, another very interesting person. Reading the Kindle version now.

http://loufederico.com/index.html
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 06:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Wow, right down memory lane and the article you dredged up was classic.
It is posts like this that make Nomad the great site it is.

Steekers, keep me in the loop
Yes, I did edit Bernie's books
and also contributed chapters.
Not sure where all this is going but I am intrigued
I even found my old pilot log a couple weeks ago
Hate to tell you the last entry.... right after I got my IFR signoff things sort of unraveled on many fronts and have not held a yoke since. Bummer.....

Will do BajaRunner. Fortunately still have all my old Senterfit books.
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Many of us tried to get Don Johnson to write a book on his times in Baja. After his friend Lou Federico wrote his excellent book “One Hell of a Ride” Don was tempted to get a book started, but unfortunately for all of us he never got it started. Lots of old story’s will never be told. I think most will agree those early days were the best in Baja and many of us will never experience what Baja was in those days.There has been some talk of making a movie based on Lou’s book and it would be nice if that happened.

I am curious why Lou did not credit Don in his Preface or Dedication?? Were they really good friends?
steekers
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2020 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by steekers  
Yes, another very interesting person. Reading the Kindle version now.

http://loufederico.com/index.html

Sorry, don't mean to diminish the pilot story this thread started with but seems to me Francisco must have come to know Lou but see nothing written in Lou's book.

Very amazed at what Lou and Francisco had accomplished! We seem to run out of true Baja Legends.

I look around for a hard copy book of Lou and don't find. The Kindle version is lacking the photos which is a real bummer. A gracious Nomad is lending his to me but I want a good copy to keep. If anyone has a good one and wants to sell for a reasonable price U2U me. They should have made a movie.

[Edited on 10-5-2020 by steekers]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.