Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Enchiladas Verdes
Kalypso
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2012 at 09:34 PM
Enchiladas Verdes

This was dinner tonight

[img][/img]

Enchilada sauce made with charred and peeled poblanos, a couple of romaine lettuce leaves and some creme fraiche (aka sour cream). These were filled with chicken and folded.

Garnish is more romaine, shredded and lightly dressed with a very basic viniagrette, some sliced radishes, olives and avocacdos.

'Twas good
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 10-7-2012 at 06:59 AM

Looks delicious!

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-7-2012 at 08:58 AM

So, you blenderized some romaine, along with the cream and the poblanos?

Boy, the consistency looks good!!

Kalypso
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2012 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
So, you blenderized some romaine, along with the cream and the poblanos?

Boy, the consistency looks good!!

Almost...

3 good sized poblanos, charred, peeled and seeded.
2 large leaves of romaine
1 clove (the spice, not garlic)
1/2 Cup chicken stock or broth

Blend until very, very smooth. My blender happens to be a vintage 1960s Osterizer, so I just turn it on and let it go for a couple minutes. Newer blenders probably won't take that long ;) and a Vita Mix will blenderize it in about 30 sec.

In a saute pan heat up a couple tablespoons of oil (don't use olive oil, it's too strong) over fairly high heat. Pour in the poblano mixture and fry for about 5 mintues, stirring most of the time to prevent it from sticking and scortching. Then stir in 1/2 cup of crema (creme fraiche or sour cream if NOB) and another 1/2 cup of chicken stock. Season with salt to taste. Whisk until crema is incorporated, set aside over low heat.

Lightly fry the tortillas, dip in enchilada sauce, fill with shredded chicken, roll or fold and plate. Pour about 1/4-1/3 cup of hot sauce over the enchiladas. Assembly to table, no baking.

The little salad is nothing more than some shredded romaine tossed with a bit of oil, vinegar, salt/pepper. The sliced radishes add some crunch, the olives a bit of acidity and I just happened to have an avo and figured it would work too.

I would probably sprinkle some finely diced white onion on the chicken before rolling/folding. These cool off pretty quickly so the sauce needs to be really hot when poured over each serving.

Pretty easy, really tasty
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2012 at 11:25 AM

MMmmmm. One of my favorite meals to order at restaurants. I'll have to give them a try here in my kitchen. Chile Verde Pork burritos are another delicious meal! Thanks. I can almost taste them now. :rolleyes::yes: Tio

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.