Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dinner at Mision 19 in Tijuana with Pics
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 10-9-2012 at 05:59 PM
Dinner at Mision 19 in Tijuana with Pics

http://insert-food.blogspot.mx/2012/09/mision-19-tijuana-mex...

This is a link to the restaurant's website: http://mision19.com/

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Kalypso
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2012 at 06:36 PM

Well, as the aforementioned Dining Diva in the blog post I will attest to the fact that this was a delicious meal, but by no stretch the best I've had out of that kitchen.

But even at that, the tongue, the parfait de callo de hacha and the ensalada de nopales are almost always stellar. I don't think I've had a bad version of them in multiple visits. And, I agree with the blogger, the grilled shrimp on the nopales salad is truly superfurilious (or how ever it's spelled)
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 11:39 PM

We ate at Mision 19 on Saturday night. It was exceptional. Can't wait to return. Only regret is that we did not make it there sooner.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:47 AM
Finca Altozano

Ate at Mision 19 in TJ twice, was not impressed by the food, décor or atmosphere.

However......have eaten several times at another of his restaurants, Finca Altozano, located in the Guadalupe Valley.

Outstanding food, staff and view/setting.

KM 83 on Hwy 3, same turnoff as Laja, about half a mile down the road.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Ate at Mision 19 in TJ twice, was not impressed by the food, décor or atmosphere.

Well, it does beat Red Lobster.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

However......have eaten several times at another of his restaurants, Finca Altozano, located in the Guadalupe Valley.

Outstanding food, staff and view/setting.

KM 83 on Hwy 3, same turnoff as Laja, about half a mile down the road.

We agree that the decor at Mision 19 is a bit stark but La Fonda set the bar pretty high for ambiance. :saint:

The food IMHO was interesting and tastefully (pun intended) done. Who new they made such good cheese in Ojos Negros? Not me. We will go back and try even more of the menu, only tasted eight different things between the two of us. We are headed back down this weekend and will see about dining at Finca Altozano although it will be hard to drive past Laja. To me that is the 'birthplace' of what is now referred to as Baja Med cuisine. Thanks for the tip and thanks to GJ for all your chowhounding! :dudette::

I have never been to Red Lobster, is that in Puerto Nuevo?

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.