Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: changes at BOLA?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 10:33 AM
changes at BOLA?

Sounds like the BOLA airport may be open soon.. This is rumor but It looks like ejido and Mexico DF have settled their spat, the airport will no longer belong to the ejido, but will be transferred to the military, who will have a permanent garrison there. Civilian flights will still come in, but security will no longer be a problem.
xxxx have you heard anything from your sources in Mexico City?

DGAC indicates that the permit is in process however, I was told several months ago by the ejido that Carlos Slim has bought up most of the land around BOLA including the airport. If so, I would believe that the airport would permit soon. (could be good, could be bad i.e. highrises on the bay?)

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 03:13 PM

What is DGAC, Mike?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Sounds like the BOLA airport may be open soon.. This is rumor but It looks like ejido and Mexico DF have settled their spat, the airport will no longer belong to the ejido, but will be transferred to the military, who will have a permanent garrison there. Civilian flights will still come in, but security will no longer be a problem.
xxxx have you heard anything from your sources in Mexico City?

DGAC indicates that the permit is in process however, I was told several months ago by the ejido that Carlos Slim has bought up most of the land around BOLA including the airport. If so, I would believe that the airport would permit soon. (could be good, could be bad i.e. highrises on the bay?)

carlos slim bought the smith place called la unica. he put in new fancy palapas. but that land has a conservation easement so hopefully will stay rustic and low key..., is he a minimalist outdoor lover? he did donate US $50M to WWF for conservation, a $100M fund called alianza mexico. perhaps he is a good guy, a bleeding heart liberal with green blood :bounce:

i suppose someone like carlos slim is able to encourage airport stake holders to get in compliance so he can land his plane, eh? otherwise he would have to resort to long helo trips from next nearest airstrip...
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 05:20 PM

I imagine he flies a big Gulfstream
Not likely to put down on those lumps and bumps
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 05:27 PM

Mr. Slim is notoriously frugal. One article mentioned that if he needs to fly he uses a 6-seat Cessna aircraft owned by Telmex.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 05:52 PM

Last I saw he had a huge Yatch in Bahia, and that was for his crew!

Mean people suck!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2012 at 06:47 PM

sounds like BOLA is gonna get that cell tower too!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2012 at 11:49 AM
it is an acronym

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
What is DGAC, Mike?

for a gov't agency that is basically the same as FAA in US.
i don't know the exact Spanish words.

that note was pulled from the BPI site as an info item.

he may have bought La Unica but he also bought up the airport which settled the dispute between the eijido and the county. I thought Warren of Baja Air Ventures owned La Unica? or he has Las Animas?

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2012 at 12:02 PM

Thank you Mike.

There are two remote resorts along the coast between L.A. Bay and Las Animas. La Unica and another you can see on Google Earth... only reached by sea.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chillaxin

[*] posted on 10-26-2012 at 09:01 PM

Where the electricity goes, there are also streetlights that stay on all night. also, bad roads bring good people & good roads bring all people.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 08:47 AM

That's a fact!

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
What is DGAC, Mike?

for a gov't agency that is basically the same as FAA in US.
i don't know the exact Spanish words.

that note was pulled from the BPI site as an info item.

he may have bought La Unica but he also bought up the airport which settled the dispute between the eijido and the county. I thought Warren of Baja Air Ventures owned La Unica? or he has Las Animas?

DGAC... Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 10:41 AM

I am very appreciative of the infrastructure improvements that have happened in Baja over the last 50 years. For those that go down more than a few times a year, or better yet, live there, opportunities for ALL opened up. The entire population has benefited from these improvements.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 10:52 AM

hey Bob H - a belated HBD to you - yesterday, right??

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-27-2012 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
hey Bob H - a belated HBD to you - yesterday, right??

YES! And, thank you!

It has been way too long since we have had a beer together. Lemme know the next time you touch down in San Diego and maybe we can hook up for a couple or three.... and a fine ceeegar!!
:yes:

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2012 at 09:07 AM

Mike, DGAC is the acronym for: Dirección General de Aeronáutica Civil

I respectfully request you write that down and use it instead of texting all things that touch on flying. Por Favor.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.