Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: First Time Baja Fail.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:00 AM

Glad everything is OK. We have found the roads of Baja to be extremely slick when it rains. Lots of oil on the surface of the road that "floats" when it rains.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:10 AM

Even at 77 I still do pretty much all the driving in Baja and have for over 30 years. Motorhome, pickup and sedans. This also means that I'm very familiar with the road and know all the more dangerous spots, sharp turns ( some wrongly marked for severity )etc, therefore more able to anticipate problems. Bad part is, that I don't get to see much of the scenery, as this road requires 100% attention.:no:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:17 AM

I have driven the whole way from san diego to la bocana in a day (just like hubby does). no problemas at all. but then I like driving- I crank up the music and sing along.

99.9% of the time Les does the driving 'cause he loves it as much as I do. So, I get to admire the scenery everywhere.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:22 AM
Driving lession for anywhere !!

When I was poor young guy,, I would go to wrecking yards for parts !!! I have always held the belive that you should spend a hr or two at a wrecking yard with your kid before they start driving..when you see for yourself how a car is false secruity (womb) and crumbles like a tecate can..really sinks in when you see the wrecked cars...I also feel the same about these wars that are for only making money !! feeling snug in my VOLVO..and drivng with caution anywhere !!......K&T:cool:
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 11:27 AM

I want to die in my sleep, just like my dad. Not like those other poor passengers in his car.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
I want to die in my sleep, just like my dad. Not like those other poor passengers in his car.

Ouch!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 11:41 AM

My first time Baja fail ended on the side of a road just north of San Vicente. The VW bus could take no more. Fortunately the green angels pushed us back to town, where we stayed for 1 week waiting for a tow across the border. That was a cool week though........met some friends, went to a quincenera, and took a bus ride to Enseanda.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
My first time Baja fail ended on the side of a road just north of San Vicente. The VW bus could take no more. Fortunately the green angels pushed us back to town, where we stayed for 1 week waiting for a tow across the border. That was a cool week though........met some friends, went to a quincenera, and took a bus ride to Enseanda.

Came north from Mazatlan in a VW Bus just like that back in the 60's. Sometimes we had to park for a couple of days waiting for headwinds to lay down.
umpqua
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 03:11 PM

That's a seriously scary story and I'm glad to read that the outcome is as good as it was. Unfortunately others are not as lucky. I just returned last week and saw a rollover north of Guerrero Negro. People laying all about. Mex 1 is a dangerous highway with literally inches between you and death. It's what it is though and you roll the dice to experience the beauty and adventure.

Again, very happy that you survived. Go again, slow down and enjoy the vibe.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2016 at 10:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 10:11 PM

Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers end each episode with the comment, "Don't drive like my brother!"
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2016 at 03:05 PM

I let my friend drive my car. Just south of El Rosario along those ridgetop roads my friend speeds up again. I had already told him to slow down 2 or 3 times. Finally I yell at him to pull over after he slid around a corner.
WTF-I drove the rest of the trip. What is it that makes people want to drive faster then they should?? Machismo?
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2016 at 05:09 PM

There is a reason for stereotypes. I watch out for shiny red pickups with Mexican plates. I have had them pass me in places that I wouldn't try with a 150 h.p. bike. Machismo!!!
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.