BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Want to Move to TJ or Rosarito - $$$ for you if you help this novice find a place ASAP
Cascade

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 07:50 AM
Want to Move to TJ or Rosarito - $$$ for you if you help this novice find a place ASAP

Hola, my name is Pete. I live in San Diego. I'm thinking about making a huge change in the new year by moving to Tijuana, Rosarito Beach or Otay. I've been living in San Diego for 15 years, I've never lived in Mexico.

For the record, I've spent all that time living in the same apartment unit (I can prove it, I have references), so I am very stable.

I don't drink or drug. And so it is not, I repeat NOT, important for me to live close to bars.

I really need help in finding a safe place to live ASAP (as soon as possible).

I'm not the type who likes to accept a handout. I would pay someone a finders fee if they could provide me with the name and telephone number of a trustworthy apartment manager who currently has a unit for rent.

How does a $50 finders fee sound? I could pay you through PayPal or I could pay you in person at a Tijuana/Rosarito coffee shop.

I know it's not a perfect world, but here are some things that I'm looking for in a perfect apartment complex or perfect house:

1) Steel bars on the windows.

2) Other Americans would be living on the same street, a virtual community of Americans, all of who would be watching out for each others personal property, or in other words, a true-blue Neighborhood Watch type program that is in place.

3) A studio or a one or two bedroom would be fine as would a house.

4) I'd prefer to keep the price down, down as far as possible, say around $200/$300 a month though I might pay more $$$ depending on the circumstances.

5) Living near the University in Otay is appealing to me as I will be doing a lot of work on a daily basis, work that is related to the Internet.

6) Within walking distance to a supermarket.

7) It's in a SAFE area.

I don't speak good Spanish, I barely speak the language. I don't have a car, I use public transportation to get around San Diego. I'll be using a taxi to get around TJ/Rosarito. When I get settled in I'll be purchasing a motorcycle.

Again, I'd be willing to pay anyone a $50 finders fee if they can match me with a living unit that matches the five, six or seven points of criteria listed above (point #5, living in Otay, is not a must, and point #6 may not be easy to meet). Payment would be contingent on me moving into a house or apartment unit that someone refers me to.

Time is of the essence, so please hurry: This offer ends approximately 7 days from now as I have to move out of my San Diego apartment by January 14th. Contact me via email ASAP, thank you.

Sincerely,
Pete in Pacific Beach
I.Luv.Enchiladas@gmail.com
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 09:44 AM

Pete, I think you are being a bit unrealistic. First of all, Tijuana does not really have American type neighborhoods that guarantee you a "human wall" against the Mexican populace. The only place that I know of is in Punta Banda, in Ensenada that is an American community. And even with a neighborhood watch program, as you call it, you will not guarantee thefts from occurring. Forget about the SAFE unless you live in a gated community, and in Tijuana, those type of communities could run $600 or more a month for a studio. Tijuana is the most expensive area to live because of its proximity to the border. Bars on the windows come in many of the apartments, so no problem there. Within walking distance to a supermarket should be no problem either. You won't be able to just walk in to a University and use the computer system unless you are a registered student there, but there are plenty of WiFi hookups in internet cafes. Most people in Tijuana speak a little English, some in Rosarito, and few in Ensenada, except Americans. But you can get by with a little bit of Spanish and can learn along the way. I think you need to realize that Mexico isn't cheap anymore, relatively speaking. Rent in Tijuana, except in very poor neighborhoods, is expensive. Food is not cheap in the supermarkets, although eating tacos and food from the street is less expensive than the US. You need to get out there Pete and search the streets yourself. The sooner you immerse yourself in Mexico the better, if you plan on living here.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cascade

Really? You are aware that Enchiladas are considered Mexican Food.....arncha? I mean they don't have birth certificates or anything like that, but they're called Mexican Food none the less.

Pete....you should just stay where you are. I doubt you would do well straying too far from the womb, and had you not been registered here for a couple of years, I'd be sounding the Troll Alarm on you.
Maybe it's not too late for that.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 10:43 AM
Cascade

Umm Hola, first thing... whats the Rush ??? 2nd Why ? This is not a normal request..did you get in some trouble or a ex is coming after you?? Please explain youself more,so We can help you better !!! K&T "The Bandit":coolup:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 11:01 AM

and you'd believe him?

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 11:18 AM
want to go stage left!!

A Wise man intertains all Ideals and concepts !!! But, Accepts None !!!!
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Really? You are aware that Enchiladas are considered Mexican Food.....arncha? I mean they don't have birth certificates or anything like that, but they're called Mexican Food none the less.

Pete....you should just stay where you are. I doubt you would do well straying too far from the womb, and had you not been registered here for a couple of years, I'd be sounding the Troll Alarm on you.
Maybe it's not too late for that.

I was wondering why it took you so long :?::?::?:
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Pete....you should just stay where you are. I doubt you would do well straying too far from the womb

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I too am surprised that you haven't sounded the troll alarm, sure sounds like on to me. Especially the part about being sorounded by Americans.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2013 at 10:03 PM

Pete, it is sound advice to take it slowly and see first hand what living in Mexico is about. If there is a craig's list for tj, and I bet there is, you might try that. Good luck.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 08:48 AM

Say Pete, the river in TJ woks for some ....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.