Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 09:48 AM

Not that I'm aware of.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 11:30 AM

Which San Juanico (in case it helps)? The one south of Bahia Concepcion/ north of Loreto, or the other side, aka 'Scorpion Bay'?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 03:44 PM

Thanks David, Scorpion Bay C
Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 04:09 PM

Yes there is a campground in Scorpion Bay. No hook-ups, but hot showers and restaurant and internet available.

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 04:20 PM

basically, pull up and elbow your way into a spot. be considerate and don't dump your black water on the dirt road out of town on your way out. if you must, at least find the town dump/basurera....

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 04:54 PM
Here ya go

I was there last November with my 30 foot RV. There is no cell phone service and some Internet. Supplies are a little scarce so pack as much as you can for supplies and alcohol. In a pinch you can find stuff like ice and basic groceries but it is pretty thin for supplies.

If you open up the attached on the 3rd or 4th picture you will see a bay with the waves and a cliff in the background. We camped on that cliff that is run by the restaurant. I forgot how much the dry camping was but it was somewhere around $10 - $15 a night. Absolutely beautiful view, very easy access to the water and the waves and walking (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 mile) to "town." The road in was good (there was a large washed out area as this was right after the Hurricane) shape.

We don't surf but still had a great time on the cliff. The restaurant actually has a very good breakfast for cheap. They also have Wi-Fi and Satellite TV.

If you have any questions, U2U me.

http://www.scorpionbay.net/

Howard

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 05:28 PM

it's $10-15 per night PER PERSON!!!

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 06:14 PM

If you do bring supplies, don't tell any surfers there, they will mooch all your food within a day or so, if you get dehydrated out there you could be in danger. I suggest you plan your meals carefully and secretly and lock your food up inside and never let your guard down, perhaps only eat in the predawn dark and late at night and don't invite people over or you might end up starving or worse--be stuck in scorpian bay for the rest fo your life living like a vagrant mooching surfer. At least it won't be raining.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 06:45 PM

When I responded I wasn't thinking about the campground. I don't really think of that as an RV location or RV park, but it can be. Just take the main paved road from town until it turns to dirt and follow to the water. Hang a left ( head north) and you'll be in the campground.

:biggrin:

Watch out for the banditos.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2013 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
it's $10-15 per night PER PERSON!!!

to camp in the dirt. they claim it's for trash pickup and use of their toilets. pack your own trash and camp out past 3rd point or along 1st point. tell them to pound rocks when they hassle you anyway!

cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2013 at 10:15 AM

Thanks to all for the info Cliff

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.