BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tired of long border waits. Thank Congress.
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2013 at 01:04 PM
Tired of long border waits. Thank Congress.

"Funding to improve the world's busiest land border crossing made it into President Barack Obama's budget but that doesn't mean the project will shorten lines at the San Ysidro port anytime soon....

an ever-dysfunctional Congress, which hasn't approved a formal budget since 2009.

They're grateful the Obama administration identified the funds but if Congress once again fails to pass a budget, the funding is history.
That's significant because Congress hasn't passed a budget since 2009. Instead, it's relied on continuing resolutions — legislative tools that allow lawmakers to simply extend the previous year's budget.

Continuing resolutions don't incorporate construction projects, meaning such a move would keep San Ysidro funding off the nation's balance sheet for next year."

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/government/article_ac642676-5...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2013 at 01:17 PM

So much for the promised access road into El Chaparral border gate.
Has the US ever looked so disorganized and foolish to the eyes of the world as it does today?
It is worse than shameful.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
So much for the promised access road into El Chaparral border gate.
Has the US ever looked so disorganized and foolish to the eyes of the world as it does today?
It is worse than shameful.

Most of the ca delegation supports funding completion of san ysidro border improvements. 2 refuse to say if they support funding: Darrell Issa, Duncan hunter. They are tea baggers that put party before constituents, refuse to even go on record re sannysidro funding. Sad what you san diegans will elect. Darrell Issa and Duncan hunter are bad people!

Incredibly Darrell Issa won't support democrat requests for funding phase 3 at san ysidro unless they support keystone Xl pipeline. Wtf?!?!

[Edited on 4-27-2013 by mtgoat666]
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 07:50 AM

Not sure if I agree. Not spending money that you don't have does not make a person "bad". How about that, a Triple Negative!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 08:06 AM

it's called politics. they are supposed to horse trade but this bunch of idiots can't even negotiate with each other....

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 08:19 AM
why wait???

Get SENTRI and be done with it

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

DITTO!!!

BTW, Went to the country club last year in Ensenada and toured it. In fact it was on July 4th and met a bunch of gringos. Really liked it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

DITTO!!!

BTW, Went to the country club last year in Ensenada and toured it. In fact it was on July 4th and met a bunch of gringos. Really liked it.

Getting sentri solves one persons problem (and I got sentri). Sentri Does not solve the gridlock that is choking Baja and So cal economies.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue

there are several several folks who winter in San Felipe and summer at the Country Club.

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
"Funding to improve the world's busiest land border crossing made it into President Barack Obama's budget but that doesn't mean the project will shorten lines at the San Ysidro port anytime soon....

an ever-dysfunctional Congress, which hasn't approved a formal budget since 2009.

They're grateful the Obama administration identified the funds but if Congress once again fails to pass a budget, the funding is history.
That's significant because Congress hasn't passed a budget since 2009. Instead, it's relied on continuing resolutions — legislative tools that allow lawmakers to simply extend the previous year's budget.

Continuing resolutions don't incorporate construction projects, meaning such a move would keep San Ysidro funding off the nation's balance sheet for next year."

There's plenty of blame to go around but it hardly falls entirely on the shoulders of Congress. The Senate has to propose a budget for congress to approve, the white house and Senate have failed to do that. If you want to throw stones you might chuck a few in Harry Reid's direction.

I quickly read the article in the link so I may have missed something but what I read that pertained to congressional funding was in reference to improvements to the Southbound US crossing.

Unfortunately, Congress has no budget to approve and no money to spend and we all lose. My personal feeling is that they (Congress and Senate) aren't doing the job that we sent them to Washington to do and we should vote them all out of office.....just my dos centavos...

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Quote:

There's plenty of blame to go around but it hardly falls entirely on the shoulders of Congress. The Senate has to propose a budget for congress to approve, the white house and Senate have failed to do that. If you want to throw stones you might chuck a few in Harry Reid's direction.

I quickly read the article in the link so I may have missed something but what I read that pertained to congressional funding was in reference to improvements to the Southbound US crossing.

Unfortunately, Congress has no budget to approve and no money to spend and we all lose. My personal feeling is that they (Congress and Senate) aren't doing the job that we sent them to Washington to do and we should vote them all out of office.....just my dos centavos...

The ability to filibuster (BY ANYONE) is going to let very little get through the Senate despite efforts by Harry Reid or anyone else. Lets put all the facts out there instead of chucking stones.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 09:20 AM

The US is in serious need of a benevolent, conservative dictator.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
The ability to filibuster (BY ANYONE) is going to let very little get through the Senate despite efforts by Harry Reid or anyone else. Lets put all the facts out there instead of chucking stones.

Living in Nevada I know the facts, and Harry Reid is in politics for himself, not anyone else. He is the perfect target for anyone chucking stones.

Here is an example of Harry doing what Harry does best, lining his pockets:

http://lvrj.com/news/government/judicial-nominees-law-firm-g...

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 11:07 AM
If you enter the US via air or sea you are already paying the fee so why not entering by land?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/list/kw/landing%20fees

$6.00 entrance fee to U.S.

This fee is charged to all travelers regardless of whether or not they have a visa. For those entering the United States by air or sea, the fee is included in the cost of your ticket.

Bob Durrell
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert

This fee is charged to all travelers regardless of whether or not they have a visa. For those entering the United States by air or sea, the fee is included in the cost of your ticket.

This is different than the U.S. I was born in.

It has become the land of the fee.

I have to pay to enter/leave my country?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 11:42 AM

I can see just see the wait if everyone has to pay as well as answer a few questions.

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 11:46 AM

It would be great if California charged an entry fee....we'd be overflowing with cash from all the Zonies escaping the "dry" heat all while they complain about how bad things are in the Golden State:o

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 11:48 AM

Quote:

I have to pay to enter/leave my country?

Yeah....no amount of New-Speak imaginable can make any sense of that. It's only one step away from restricting entry and exit completely.
How many rights can our government strip us of before people wake up?
Freedom is not part of the New World order, whereas complete control is the plan.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 03:57 PM
Henery Ford had it right

1. Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

2."Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

[Edited on 4-27-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Attachment: henery ford.docx (12kB)
This file has been downloaded 272 times

Bob Durrell
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-27-2013 at 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Yeah....no amount of New-Speak imaginable can make any sense of that. It's only one step away from restricting entry and exit completely.
How many rights can our government strip us of before people wake up?
Freedom is not part of the New World order, whereas complete control is the plan.

^^^what DENNIS said^^^

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.