Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: South weather
Msal
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2003 at 09:37 PM

All is well with our friends?! Seems as tho "Nacho" had a good time and left no major damage! Gracias a Dios!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 08:30 AM

BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION IGNACIO ADVISORY NUMBER 24
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
2 PM PDT WED AUG 27 2003

...IGNACIO DISSIPATING...

SATELLITE IMAGES AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INDICATE THAT IGNACIO IS
DISSIPATING IN THE VICINITY OF SOUTH-CENTRAL BAJA CALIFORNIA.

AT 2 PM PDT...2100Z...THE POORLY-DEFINED CENTER OF TROPICAL
DEPRESSION IGNACIO WAS IN THE VICINITY OF LATITUDE 27.0 NORTH...
LONGITUDE 113.0 WEST OR ABOUT 105 MILES...160 KM...WEST-NORTHWEST OF
LORETO MEXICO.

THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST NEAR 6 MPH
... 9 KM/HR...AND IGNACIO'S REMNANTS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THIS
GENERAL MOTION THROUGH TONIGHT.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 25 MPH... 35 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS.

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE IS 1008 MB...29.77 INCHES.

ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES...LOCALLY HIGHER...ARE
STILL POSSIBLE OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN BAJA CALIFORNIA. THESE
RAINS COULD CREATE LIFE-THREATENING FLASH FLOODS AND MUD SLIDES.

REPEATING THE 2 PM PDT POSITION...27.0 N...113.0 W. MOVEMENT
TOWARD...NORTHWEST NEAR 6 MPH. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
WINDS... 25 MPH. MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1008 MB.

THIS IS THE LAST PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE
NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER ON THIS SYSTEM.
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 8-28-2003 at 10:13 AM

Gusto Mio, Bajabus, ain't it great; the memories we get to relate. Each storm has it's own personality and gives us a special memory of it's passing. I'll always remember sitting in my rocking chair, up on my safe & sound pretty much dry porch, watching the Sea raking havoc down below, with the Giant Waves of Ignacio running at each other and bumping into each other with celebration of 25 feet tall sprays of water. During Kiko, I was the one peeking behind the blanket, except the only view I had was about 3 feet outside the window, and all I could see was a tough tiny little palm whipping in the wind, that was the first and scariest storm I've ever been thru.

Hot diggidy, Good to see your smiling words Msal, lots of Amigos popping up here. Thanks mucho for asking about Mi Roo, Yes, she is getting better, still staying home, expect her back here running the show next week.

Took a walk North of my house this morning. Found some gates and fences blown down, but no other damage.

Heard about, but didn't see, some retaining walls on the beach being undermined and others partially buried. Still, nothing sever from what I hear.

Surly had a lovely walk, it was dawn when I left and it's still pretty cooled down from the storm. Anyway, never noticed before today that at Tito's little Capilla to the Virgin on the North road, there are sparkling lights that also play electronic Christmas music. Something so sweet and magical about finding such a thing on such a lovely dawn, in the middle of Chubasco season, I do love Mexico, it's truly corny enough for me.

Stopped by to check on a old friends house, he has a wonderful tall sugar pine , it's still standing. Ah yes, but all the pine needles strewn around the yard remind me of the church in San Juan de Chamula in the high lands of Chiapas, really very sweet. Sure his gardener won't share my vision. Although it will just take a little sweeping and raking, I expect I'll hear plenty about this little mess from her.

Although I crossed the Buenos Aires Arroyo a foot, (it's only a mile from my home to office, and I like the walk in anyway), cars are now passing without to much concern. It's about dried up, the getting stuck show is over, so everyone has left the arroyo bank and gone back to their normal business of life.

As of yesterday evening, I was told that you can easily pass the arroyo at Las Cuavas with any old four wheel drive, so the passage South is now accessed. Got the thumbs up on projects we have going up on at Rincon and Cabo Pulmo, we are back to work, minimal storm problems in these areas.

Expect to find bread and milk back on the grocery shelves any minute now, yes, life has returned to normality.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.