BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Stella a new Italian restaurant in El Sauzal
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-18-2013 at 10:38 PM
Stella a new Italian restaurant in El Sauzal

Today we passed a restaurant that just opened up in El Sauzal, on the west side of the carretera just south of Ophelia's restaurant. It was under contruction the last few months and finally finished, and since I have a weakness for Italian food, especially on Sundays when I would go to my grandmother's house for homemade Italian sauce, I decided to go in a give it a try. The service was excellent and the lady owner was checking every table and greeting all the customers. We started out with a fruit and mixed green salad with queso de chivo. It was excellent. They had piped in Beatles music which put me in a good mood. We ordered the pizza which is extremely thin crusted and the crust almost burnt, but it was of excellent quality, we got the Mar y Monte, with shrimp, mushrooms, onions, several cheeses and colorful bell peppers. You filled up on the protein and veggies, instead of filling yourself up with empty cooked dough. My daughter had the crème brulee, her favorite dessert, which I was sure they wouldn't have in an Italian restaurant. Hopefully, Sarmiento's will be open for breakfast tomorrow, the best view of Ensenada Bay.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 08:39 AM

thanks I want to give it a try. do you know the name of the restaurant? is Stella the name?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 08:45 AM

Yes Bruce. Stella is the name, the name is on a barrel on the outside of the restaurant, it's like a huge palapa but much nicer. BTW, Sarmiento is closed Monday and Tuesday, so I won't be able to go to breakfast there today!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
thanks I want to give it a try. do you know the name of the restaurant? is Stella the name?
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 8-20-2013 at 08:13 AM

thanks again Doc you are always very helpful

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2013 at 08:28 PM

Thank you Bruce you are very nice, I aim to please. It seems El Sauzal has gone up a few notches in class with its haute cuisine.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
thanks again Doc you are always very helpful

[Edited on 8-22-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 08:21 PM

We are currently staying the night in El Sauzal on our way south to GN. Went to a new Italian place called Margheritas (spelling is correct) just north of our hotel (Posada Del Mar) and I was VERY impressed! I ordered pescado risotto - this came plated very well and the fish was perfectly seasoned/cooked - this was no small task as the fish was 2" square x 4" long. The ultra moist fish flakes were large leading me to believe this was from a very large fish - perhaps a grouper of at least 60 to 80 lbs. I suspect the fish was steamed. FWIW - I am a serious fish snob and rarely order fish out since 95% of the time I'm disappointed.

My wife had pollo parmesan and it was very good as well.

[Edited on 3-7-2014 by 55steve]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 10:02 PM

Hey I'm all for posting reviews of good restaurants!! I have heard the place was good.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.