Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akshadow
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
5% increase on my average CFE bill of 2,500 pesos = 125 pesos

Seems like a high electric bill?

Yep, once you go over 500KWh it's all billed at 3.599 peso/kWh so my Oct bill was for 658kWh = 2,342 peso + 156.55 min fee + 275 IVA + 28.50 IAP (whatever that is) = 2,801.50 :fire:

Bob Durrell
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 12:11 PM

Someone likes their air conditioner a lot. LOL!

And we are past the period where CFE will subsidize the rates in areas deemed really hot. I'm sure Punta Banda wouldnt qualify for that.

IS it your A/C that's doing this? That type of bill is not uncommon in unsubsidized, hot areas. But Punta Banda????

Got a bunch of Gro-lux lights going or something, Bob? :bounce:

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Someone likes their air conditioner a lot. LOL!

And we are past the period where CFE will subsidize the rates in areas deemed really hot. I'm sure Punta Banda wouldnt qualify for that.

IS it your A/C that's doing this? That type of bill is not uncommon in unsubsidized, hot areas. But Punta Banda????

Got a bunch of Gro-lux lights going or something, Bob? :bounce:

Nope. Even when I was gone to Canada for 2 months and everything except 1 high efficiency refrigerator was shut off I used 255kWh and the bill was over 1000 pesos. Oh, when my gardener came to water for about 2 hour every other week (4 times) the Pilla pump with it's 1/2 horse motor was on but that only = 3 kWh total.

[Edited on 11-11-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 12:53 PM
high KWH

You might want to get a electrician out there and check your place...their very hard to find a good one so you might look online for a
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
You would be surprised by the little things that guests dont want to pay for. We had a guy a few days ago that when I told him he needed the $5 biosphere reserve bracelet, he said he would rather leave right now than pay that....sheesh.
We have lost clients over $5 before.

Also where people used to be paid in cash, the bank card system has replaced that....mostly so that the payroll trucks arent going to be assaulted.

The fishermen at the coop already pay a ridiculous 35% in income tax.

this tax will be really devastating for the middle class and small business operators.

Please be aware, the UNESCO Biosphere program is voluntary. There is no requirement for people to pay for permission to enter a designated area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_and_the_Biosphere_Programme

"Biosphere reserves recognize that quality economies require quality environments and that conservation is important for both. The biosphere reserve program is entirely voluntary."

[Edited on 11-11-2013 by gnukid]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2013 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
You might want to get a electrician out there and check your place...their very hard to find a good one so you might look online for a

That won't work. He lives in Messeeko.

I would take everythin out of that econo-reefer, read the meter, and leave it unplugged for 48 hours, then read the meter again.
Already knowing what your daily usage is......it's on the bill........you'll know for a fact just how econo that box is and
with a bit of effort and inconvenience where the problem is.

I live two doors down from Bob and my last CFE bill was 350 Ps.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Quote:
Originally posted by shari
You would be surprised by the little things that guests dont want to pay for. We had a guy a few days ago that when I told him he needed the $5 biosphere reserve bracelet, he said he would rather leave right now than pay that....sheesh.
We have lost clients over $5 before.

Also where people used to be paid in cash, the bank card system has replaced that....mostly so that the payroll trucks arent going to be assaulted.

The fishermen at the coop already pay a ridiculous 35% in income tax.

this tax will be really devastating for the middle class and small business operators.

Please be aware, the UNESCO Biosphere program is voluntary. There is no requirement for people to pay for permission to enter a designated area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_and_the_Biosphere_Programme

"Biosphere reserves recognize that quality economies require quality environments and that conservation is important for both. The biosphere reserve program is entirely voluntary."

[Edited on 11-11-2013 by gnukid]

Wow;

this is very interesting gnukid, but it reads as though this is in Canada only.

Quote:
Biosphere reserves recognize that quality economies require quality environments and that conservation is important for both. The biosphere reserve program is entirely voluntary. Authority over land and water use does not change when a biosphere reserve is designated in Canada. Government jurisdictions and private ownership rights remain as they were before designation. The World Biosphere Reserve Network currently consists of 580 biosphere reserves in 114 countries. Canada currently has a network of 16 biosphere reserves.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 07:24 AM

With that kind of draw, BOB, I would suspect an illegal tap into your electricity somewhere. Not uncommon at all in Mexico, especially in densely grouped housing. Someone pays an electrician or a CFE employee to move their tap downstream of YOUR meter.

Happens with water, too.

Propane is a little more challenging for them..............:smug:

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
With that kind of draw, BOB, I would suspect an illegal tap into your electricity somewhere. Not uncommon at all in Mexico, especially in densely grouped housing. Someone pays an electrician or a CFE employee to move their tap downstream of YOUR meter.

Happens with water, too.

Propane is a little more challenging for them..............:smug:
My friend had his tapped by his next door neighbor in downtown Todos Santos. Ran a cable right across his roof and into his meter box, then got all indignant when he was caught.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.