BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bringing Vehicles when moving
BOREDnIN

puzzled.gif posted on 12-3-2004 at 09:17 PM
Bringing Vehicles when moving

OK. I am going to drive everybody crazy with questions I haven't been able to get answered elsewhere. I know if hubby and I move down there we could each bring a car. What about our 2 on-road motorcycles also. for a total of 4 vehicles? How do they treat motorcycles?
Thanks for all the help.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 08:41 AM

If you're coming to Baja Calif, Baja Calif Sur or western Sonora, - the Frontera - they do not require vehicle permits.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 09:13 AM
I'm assuming there will be a trailer ?

As long as everything is currently registered in your names, including the trailer you will have no problem.
And with multiple vehicles, you may want to insure your drivers licenses rather than individual vehicles.
BOREDnIN

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 08:30 PM
Trailer?

Actually we would probably just have them loaded up in the moving van...or I guess we could put them on a trailer on the back of moving van. We don't own a trailer for them. When we want to ride them, we just ride them to where we want to go. We never trailer them.

And yes, we are talking about Baja. In the Rosarito area. If there are no permits required, that would be great!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 09:34 PM
So are you just going to "ride them"

through that border?

The moving van will be fine as long as they are registered in your names.
I have lived in Rosarito for 10 years and do not know one person who rides bikes who has not been hit or hit something else at best!! And I know a lot of bikers!!
And if you are not insured, as you are picking pieces of yourself off the pavement, you will be taken to jail until you can prove financial responsibility. Probably before the hospital!
Just something to consider prior to riding without insurance, (as in saving money by not buying it for the bikes on the way through) and then riding when they are unloaded and uninsured.:light:
BOREDnIN

[*] posted on 12-5-2004 at 07:31 PM

Oh no...we weren't going to bring them in uninsured at all. We would get them insured just like the cars before they we actually rode them. Believe me, I know all the intrinsic dangers of riding a motorcycle, but I do it anyway! :bounce:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2004 at 07:45 PM
The "intrinsic dangers"

are somewhat different in Mexico.
As I am sure you are about to find out.
Cuidado gentes nuevos!! Ever hit a chicken going 30 on a bike?:O Not so bad as long as there's no oncoming traffic:no:
Bad stories!!
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2004 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Ever hit a chicken going 30 on a bike?:O

How do they shift gears?

Junior Nomad

Mood: Rings

[*] posted on 12-5-2004 at 09:37 PM

Quote:

How do they shift gears?

They feather the clutch:biggrin:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2004 at 09:42 PM
They've also been known to

"wing it":no:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.