Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Hey Odd, you seem to be obsessed with Fox and the Tea Party. are you paranoid??? If you don't like Fox and/or the Tea Party, ignore them. Your diatribes get old, move on to OT, my friend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
--------- a vehicle to control the minds of folks using disinformation.

I'm not paranoid. I'm sad at what has developed.

------which is impossible to do, of course-------a pipe dream.

Barry

Not at all impossible given the Fox demographic that consists mostly of white men over 60. They play to their fears.

You know. As the US demographic continually marches toward white folks being in the minority, Fox and the Tea Party in particular have grabbed onto the idea that an illegitimate black president needs to be dealt with. (Thanks alot Koch Bros)

Anyone who is a student of history understands that when Obama was elected the first time, the entire right wing held meetings to plan how he would never again be re-elected. Never happened before in the entire history of the US.

Well you have quoted a LOT out of context in this post--------

I am a Conservative, and a College History minor, and I never heard of this "right wing plot" against Obama never being elected again. I feel left out. (-:

I could not care less what race the President is, I just want him to do a good job by my standards----------Obama-the-man is just not a President living up to my standards ---------I am a Mitt Romney man.

Barry
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 06:03 PM

For Barry- Just try Googling Mitch McConnell, and you can find that he stated just what I said.

For DK- You negated your thought just by referencing Fox News, which is the propaganda arm of the Republican Party.

#1- Do you have any idea of how many people can now get health insurance that was previously denied due to pre-existing conditions? Your assertion about more people being uninsured is totally absurd.

#2- The fact that Iraq appears to be in chaos can actually be attributed to two factors. First, the so-called Republican God, Ronald Reagan fundamentally created and funded the Taliban in an attempt to fight the Russians. How's that working out? Second factor is that Saddam was never a threat to the West, and the real reason we invaded Iraq was to gain control of their vast oil reserves.
Iraq was already a divided country between Sunnis, Shia, and Kurds. Once we left, what could any sane person expect?

#3- So, am I to expect that you feel like we ought to go to war with Russia over Crimea? Nuclear war? This is a tough situation. Crimea WAS a part of Russia until Krushchev basically gave Crimea to Ukraine in 1954. The real issue here is whether Putin has any intentions of stopping if he has a success in the referendum for secession.

I have been to both Ukrainian and Russian areas in Ukraine. For whatever that's worth.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
For Barry- Just try Googling Mitch McConnell, and you can find that he stated just what I said.

For DK- You negated your thought just by referencing Fox News, which is the propaganda arm of the Republican Party.

#1- Do you have any idea of how many people can now get health insurance that was previously denied due to pre-existing conditions? Your assertion about more people being uninsured is totally absurd.

#2- The fact that Iraq appears to be in chaos can actually be attributed to two factors. First, the so-called Republican God, Ronald Reagan fundamentally created and funded the Taliban in an attempt to fight the Russians. How's that working out? Second factor is that Saddam was never a threat to the West, and the real reason we invaded Iraq was to gain control of their vast oil reserves.
Iraq was already a divided country between Sunnis, Shia, and Kurds. Once we left, what could any sane person expect?

#3- So, am I to expect that you feel like we ought to go to war with Russia over Crimea? Nuclear war? This is a tough situation. Crimea WAS a part of Russia until Krushchev basically gave Crimea to Ukraine in 1954. The real issue here is whether Putin has any intentions of stopping if he has a success in the referendum for secession.

I have been to both Ukrainian and Russian areas in Ukraine. For whatever that's worth.

OK, I googled "Mitch McConnell"-------------lots there---------now what? I could spend all day looking------I like Mitch, but I still don't know what you are referring too.

I think that the problem is people failing to act, not that they have been brain-washed, or simply don't know----in this day and age people KNOW what is going on if they care to look, or watch TV News and C-Span carefully--------it's not the old days anymore. Many things are being attributed to the Republicans, the Tea party, and the right-wingers, all of which I am in contact with, and I just don't see it other than on the kooky sites which few pay any mind too.

Barry
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Odd, you seem to be obsessed with Fox and the Tea Party. are you paranoid??? If you don't like Fox and/or the Tea Party, ignore them. Your diatribes get old, move on to OT, my friend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Not at all impossible given the Fox demographic that consists mostly of white men over 60. They play to their fears.

You know. As the US demographic continually marches toward white folks being in the minority, Fox and the Tea Party in particular have grabbed onto the idea that an illegitimate black president needs to be dealt with. (Thanks alot Koch Bros)

Anyone who is a student of history understands that when Obama was elected the first time, the entire right wing held meetings to plan how he would never again be re-elected. Never happened before in the entire history of the US.

I am a Conservative, and a College History minor, and I never heard of this "right wing plot" against Obama never being elected again. I feel left out. (-:

I could not care less what race the President is, I just want him to do a good job by my standards----------Obama-the-man is just not a President living up to my standards ---------I am a Mitt Romney man.

Barry

Barry, you should have majored in something other than "College History".
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Barry

Barry

Barry, you should have majored in something other than "College History".

I like Barry, but your post made me laugh.:lol::lol::lol:
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2014 at 05:13 PM

I majored in Geography, minored in SW American History and Anthropology, and yes, I laughted too. It did not come out right!!!

:lol:

Barry
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 04:58 PM

Don't fret. We have all done the same. :lol:
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 12:41 PM

NEXT TIME YOU CROSS LA LINEA

You might ask your friendly CBP officer about this:

"Woman was probed, cavity searched, & X-rayed when she tried to reenter the USA
Forced gynecological exams are the Drug War's newest tool.

Posted on December 19, 2013 by PSUSA in News
Vehicles are searched indiscriminately at a border checkpoint. (Source: Eric Gay/AP Photo)

Vehicles are searched indiscriminately at a border checkpoint. (Source: Eric Gay/AP Photo)

EL PASO, TX — An American woman was humiliated and sexually assaulted for hours when she tried to re-enter the United States at a checkpoint manned by U.S. border patrol agents. Suspecting she had drugs inside her orifices, the federal agents detained her, chained her to a table, and subjected her to a series of invasive and traumatic cavity searches, finger penetration, scans and X-rays… all without a warrant. She was then billed for the “services.”

The incident took place last year and has recently been brought to light by a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union. The victim is described as a petite 54-year-old U.S. citizen, identifying herself only as Jane Doe to protect her anonymity as a sexual assault victim. She is married and resides in Lovington, NM. She was traveling to visit a close family friend in Juarez, Mexico, who was recently deported. The lawsuit states that she makes the trip to visit him about once per month. This time, her return trip back into the United States at the Cordova Bridge near El Paso is not one she will ever forget.

A “Random” Checkpoint Search

When trying to cross into Texas, at approximately 2:00 p.m. on December 8th, 2012, she was stopped by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) agents at a border checkpoint. Jane Doe presented her passport and complied with the agents. She was not carrying any contraband, but was informed that she would be subjected to a “random screening” with drug dogs — since CBP is more focused on enforcing prohibition laws than they are with security.
A federal agent sniffs passing vehicles at a border checkpoint.

A federal agent sniffs passing vehicles at a border checkpoint.

Police dogs are infamous for resulting in false indications and can be trained to alert on command by corrupt handlers. Lo and behold, the canine signaled on her car.

Without consent, agents removed the woman from her vehicle and began to feel up her body. She was stripped, gawked at manually penetrated by the fingers of federal agents.

During the initial pat-down, an agent stuck a hand insider her waistband and pushed a “finger in the crevice of Ms. Doe’s buttocks.” She was “embarrassed and upset” at the procedure.

She was then lined up with a series of other people. Dogs walked up and down the line in true police state fashion. One of them lunged at her, landing its front paws on her torso, states the complaint. She was then grabbed and shoved into a private room. The document goes on:

“There, they ordered Ms. Doe to pull down her pants and crouch. She followed the order. One of the agents examined her anus with a flashlight. Ms. Doe was commanded to lean backwards in her crouched position. She again complied. One of the agents then parted Ms. Doe’s vulva with her hand, pressed her fingers into Ms. Doe’s vagina and visually examined her genitalia with a flashlight.”

Nothing was found after this invasive search. Not satisfied with the groping and finger penetration — which produced no evidence of any crime — Jane Doe was detained for even more invasive searches. She was re-dressed and her pant-cuffs were taped tightly to her legs. Nearly 2 hours after she pulled up to the checkpoint, CBP agents Portillo and Herrera hauled her away to University Medical Center of El Paso.

The agents told Jane Doe they planned to make her defecate in front of them. She asked if they had a warrant. They defiantly told her that they “did not need a warrant.”
(Source: Getty Images)

An Afternoon of Forced Medical Procedures

At 4:29 p.m. she arrived at University Medical Center. She was led to a room by the CBP agents and chained to a table, where Dr. Christopher Cabanillas and Dr. Michael Parsa joined the federal agents in the hunt for drugs inside her body.

Once again proving the truth of the Milgram experiment, doctors obeyed the perverse orders of the authorities, performing four more hours of shocking and humiliating procedures on the woman, who was shackled to a table. The procedures involved forcing her to defecate on command, probing her until she her orifices were raw, and scanning her body using radiation. The doctors were undeterred by the woman’s lack of consent and the lack of a detailed medical history.

gynecology-stirrupsJane Doe was then forced to consume a laxative and defecate in a portable toilet. No drugs were found.

Dr. Cabanillas, in consultation with Dr. Parsa, ordered an X-ray of Ms. Doe’s abdomen. The unwanted doses of radiation produced “[n]o evidence of radiopaque foreign bodies.”

Still, the nightmare continued. She was again shackled to an exam table and ordered to spread her legs and endure a forced gynecological exam. A “mortified” Ms. Doe was within view of passersby in the hallway as she was fingered and probed by the doctors, with the agents gawking nearby.

Dr. Parsa “inserted a speculum into Ms. Doe’s vagina and observed the interior cavity,” according to the complaint, and found no foreign objects. He then “stuck his fingers into Ms. Doe’s vagina while palpitating her abdomen.” Again, found nothing abnormal.
“The agents ran their fingers over her genitalia and checked inside of her pants. She was asked to undress. She was asked to squat and the agents peered into her cavities with flashlights and pressed their fingers into her genitalia.”
– Laura S. Ives, ACLU

Parsa then probed Ms. Doe’s anus with his fingers while Portillo and Herrera watched. Ms. Doe felt “that she was being treated less than human, like an animal.”

But it wasn’t over yet. The doctors ordered a CT scan of her abdomen and pelvis. In doing so, they forcibly exposed her to “between 150 and 1,100 times the radiation of a conventional x-ray, or around a year’s worth of exposure to radiation from both natural and artificial sources in the environment.”

The victim was then given two options. She could sign a consent form — despite the fact that she never consented to any searches — and CBP would cover the bill. The alternative was to refuse consent, and be billed for the hours of invasive searches. She refused, witnessed by a hospital employee known as Jessica R.

Finally, at around 8:00 p.m., she was released without charges.

A Painful Aftermath

Ms. Doe was traumatized by the procedures. “Her labia, vaginal opening, and anus were left raw and sore and she felt violated, demeaned and powerless as a result of the searches.”

She lives with the pain of a sexual assault victim, and “has not been able to be physically intimate with her husband.” She avoids public spaces and has become reclusive, and cries when she thinks about this incident.

By legal standards, she was raped. But her abusers are unlikely to face punishment since agents of government rarely are individually responsible for their official, on-duty crimes.

Rape is: “The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

– U.S. Department of Justice

To add insult to injury, she has been billed $5,000.00 for 4 hours of the doctors’ services, which she has refused to pay.

It has been repeatedly demonstrated that humans are likely to comply with “authorities” to almost every extreme imaginable. Without some kind of resistance training, hospital staff members are liable to comply with every invasive procedure if a person with a badge orders it. It appears that University Medical Center has no process for ensuring that hospital staff are trained to deal with law enforcement or to be observant of people’s constitutional rights. The doctors and the El Paso County Hospital Board were all named in a official complaint filed by the victim and the ACLU.

Doe’s lawsuit cites the following causes of action: unreasonable search and seizure, false arrest, false imprisonment, and deprivation of due process. She demands a jury trial.

Sadly, Ms. Doe isn’t the only victim of forced cavity searches by police and doctors. Multiple victims of forcibly anal probing recently came forward in a series of incidents in New Mexico, as reported by Police State USA. As the sickness of the police state pushes forward to absurd new levels, it is all the more evident that the laws and the agencies are in need of a major overhaul. The biggest enabler — The Drug War — should be ended outright, and justice should be brought upon the rapists that hide behind their shiny badges and lab coats."

Lot's of neat photos at: http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/woman-probed-cavity-searc...
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 01:50 PM

This sounds way too crazy to be true.

That said, if this is true, these bastards should go to prison.

Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

http://www.google.com/search?q=WOMAN+EXPERIENCES+CHECKPOINT+...:official&client=firefox-a

Numerous articles on it Jon.

These A-hole CBP think they're immune to everything (agents not charged because victims died in another country. Even the one with six CBP bullet holes in the back).

I put this out so we Nomads know what to expect from these cowboys, but do we do anything about it?

NO!

"That said, if this is true, these bastards should go to prison." Sure and should a lot others. What have you done? Contacted your representatives? Protested on the street?

Naw, we just eat it and the increasing lines and personal invasions of ourselves and our vehicles and families and hope hey don't chose 'us' as the next victim

This CBP and entire TSA Homeland Security thing is totally out of control.

Try thisi one so you'll see whats coming.

"TSA now “pre-screens” taxes, car registration, passport, job history, and more.
Nothing short of a criminal background check will allow you to travel in America."
http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/tsa-will-now-pre-screen-t...
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Quote:

http://www.google.com/search?q=WOMAN+EXPERIENCES+CHECKPOINT+...:official&client=firefox-a

These A-hole CBP think they're immune to everything (agents not charged because victims died in another country. Even the one with six CBP bullet holes in the back).

I put this out so we Nomads know what to expect from these cowboys, but do we do anything about it?

NO!

"That said, if this is true, these bastards should go to prison." Sure and should a lot others. What have you done? Contacted your representatives? Protested on the street?

Naw, we just eat it and the increasing lines and personal invasions of ourselves and our vehicles and families and hope hey don't chose 'us' as the next victim

"TSA now “pre-screens” taxes, car registration, passport, job history, and more.
Nothing short of a criminal background check will allow you to travel in America."

I did the google search, but didn't see anything about this other than from the police state website. That doesn't make it untrue though. Maybe I'm just a marooon and can't google. :lol::LOL:

I do believe there is some crazy abuses going on.

Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
Quote:

NO!

I did the google search, but didn't see anything about this other than from the police state website. That doesn't make it untrue though. Maybe I'm just a marooon and can't google. :lol::LOL:

I do believe there is some crazy abuses going on.

Try these Jon:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/06/border-cavity-searc...

http://www.aclutx.org/2013/12/18/aclu-of-texas-and-new-mexic...

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-699280.html
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 05:27 PM

Forced bowel movements. Dang.

OK, thanks for the links Cisco.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2014 at 05:50 PM

Quote:

Cisco,

Yes, please keep those links coming.
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:

Cisco,

Yes, please keep those links coming.

11 to one. CBP beating.

Could happen to any of us I guess. They still don't know the names of the agents involved.

Isn't there some psychological testing done on prospective CBP agents that would keep brutality out of their mission to protect our borders?

There is just too much of this going on and the agency is absolutely secretive about it.

"SAN YSIDRO - Dozens of immigrant rights activists marched Saturday afternoon at the San Ysidro border crossing to ask for justice for an immigrant who was badly injured during a confrontation with Arizona border patrol agents three years ago.

On March 30, 2011, Jose Gutierrez was allegedly beaten into a coma by 11 Custom and Border Protection (CBP) agents while attempting to cross back into the United States at the San Luis Port of Entry."

http://www.10news.com/news/protesters-mark-3-year-anniversar...
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 02:50 PM
NO It Couldn't !

Happen to ANY of us.

It might happen to the Cisco crowd.

And be Deserved.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.