BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New hotel in Bahia de los Angeles
jeanie

[*] posted on 12-6-2004 at 03:44 PM
New hotel in Bahia de los Angeles

There is a beautiful new hotel in Bahia de los Angeles - named Villa Bahia - about 2 miles north of town on the beach. They have kayaks for guests use - a bbq area - beautiful rooms. Can accomodate up to 40 people. see their web site at www.vacationrentals.com or email dd4239@hotmail. com for info.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2004 at 05:11 PM

I watched them build it from time to time and it seems like a really nice place. However, I've been told they were asking somewhere around $150/night and no one was willing to pay that. Then apparently they reduced their price somewhat but were willing to accept $85.00 if offered.

I couldn't say what a reasonable price is because of their location being so far from town. But in the final analysis, they can only charge what folks are willing to pay if they want any business.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 12-6-2004 at 06:24 PM
Mike is it possible

that you are talking about the new hotel Los Vientos? The place jeanie is talking about is a large house (8 bedrooms, sleeps 30 says the referenced website).
++Ken++
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2004 at 06:50 PM
Ken,

You are SOOO right. I have seen this place before (on nomads. I don't have any knowledge and don't know where it is, but it looks great. I wouldn't call it a hotel as it seems to be more like a lodge.

What my post assumed was responding to the words "new hotel" in Bahia de Los Angeles. I wanted to get this correction out before I misled someone. Now I'll go back and read about jeanie's place at their web site.
Nikon
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2004 at 08:16 PM

Unless you like clicking yourself to sleep, this will take you there;
http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/13432.html
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2004 at 11:56 PM

Great pics Stephen, thanks.

The camp next door is La Ventana. Marv and Gail Sherril (Baja Calendars and Dana Hills High Marine Biology Fieldtrip to Bahia Las Animas fame, have a home there). Nice people!

The 2005 Baja Calendars will be out soon, and Doug will have them for sale here at Baja Nomad's Tienda!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 11:44 AM

I have a grudge against new hotel Los Vientos without having seen it. My friend Steve C. is moving his trailer because he says they are making too much noise. They rent jetskis and let people shoot off fireworks and he said it's obnoxious. The neighbors have complained to the owner but he doesn't care. Too bad I might have tried staying there in luxury if they were better neighbors.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 12-22-2004 at 12:06 PM
Glad I didn't say that!

:lol::lol::lol:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 12-22-2004 at 03:31 PM
cool!!!

sounds like my kind of place!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2004 at 12:10 PM

I don't go to LA Bay to listen to noise. If I want to hear jetskis and other loud crap I will stay home in Long Beach. I go to BoLA to drink in the beauty and serenity.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
burritomama
Junior Nomad

Mood: asi asi

[*] posted on 12-23-2004 at 01:00 PM

I'm with Marla.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-23-2004 at 01:19 PM
Me too!

But, just to keep the record straight, I initially assummed the initial post was about the new hotel, Las Brisas or Los Vientos (I think). But the place jeanie (originator of this thread) was describing is not the hotel. When I read through the link Nikon posted it was clear that jeanie was talk about not a hotel, but a large rental, closer to town. It sounds great and I just didn't want anyone to get the two confused. The rental would be a great place for a large get-together.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

lol.gif posted on 12-24-2004 at 08:40 AM
I'm with Marla!!!!!

I go there to drink too!!!:bounce::lol::spingrin:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.